Strategy Based On Chart Pattern

trading strategies and money management discussion, code, results

Moderator: moderators

Ali Son
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:30 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: None specified

Postby Ali Son » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:35 am

WOW. So, Fatdog1, what happens if you make money in that account, you get to keep it automatically?In essemce. when does it YOUR money actually become YOUR money again? Sorry to bring up a sour subject but, your comment raises my legal curiousity, having a law degree.

fatdog1 wrote:Nice, Glad someone can make money off of my forex calls.
I would do it for myself, but the Refco lawyers said if I lose money in that account, they expect me to reimburse the bankruptcy court for my trading losses!!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

fatdog1
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 11:58 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby fatdog1 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:41 am

Ali Son wrote:WOW. So, Fatdog1, what happens if you make money in that account, you get to keep it automatically?In essemce. when does it YOUR money actually become YOUR money again? Sorry to bring up a sour subject but, your comment raises my legal curiousity, having a law degree.

fatdog1 wrote:Nice, Glad someone can make money off of my forex calls.
I would do it for myself, but the Refco lawyers said if I lose money in that account, they expect me to reimburse the bankruptcy court for my trading losses!!


Ali,
I don't trade in that account.
I won't make any money for a secured creditor to get.
I consider it lost until I hear different.

Ali Son
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:30 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: None specified

Postby Ali Son » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:53 am

FatDog1,

I lost you workspaces, but was able to reconstruct the relevant ones. But, I haven't been able to reload your GBPUSD 60 minute and 10 minutes workspaces which at one time you had made avaialable for download.

By the same token, do you have a Weekly and 60 minute for the Japanese Yen? If you do, can you post them as well? If not, then don't worry about it.

Thanks in advance,
OPTIONSWINGS

Ali Son
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:30 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: None specified

Postby Ali Son » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:29 am

GREAT updated workspace above, btw, Fatdog1. Thanks.

-OS

fatdog1
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 11:58 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby fatdog1 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:38 am

Ali Son wrote:FatDog1,

I lost you workspaces, but was able to reconstruct the relevant ones. But, I haven't been able to reload your GBPUSD 60 minute and 10 minutes workspaces which at one time you had made avaialable for download.

By the same token, do you have a Weekly and 60 minute for the Japanese Yen? If you do, can you post them as well? If not, then don't worry about it.

Thanks in advance,
OPTIONSWINGS


Ali,

I have a baptism to attend today so I will get to the workspaces later.
Any luck with the coders adding a momentum candle or flag pole to the DarvasBox from Tradestation?

I have been trying to improve on the key reversal candle.
Is it possible to code up volume exceeding down volume on a certain candle?
I have added the open < close to make it a green candle to the code.

Later,
FD1

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

fatdog1
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 11:58 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby fatdog1 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:06 am

Ali,

Here is what I added to the DarvasBox code for a bull flag pole.
I added this to the code as a condition for taking the long trade.
I am not sure if or how it could be added to the code as a condition to plot the DarvasBox.


if Low [5] = Lowest( Low, Length )[6] {need at least 6 candles in the chart pattern which is the bull flag pole and the 5 candle flag}

and Close [5] > open [5] {this makes it a up candle}

and Volume [5] > Volume [4] {won't help in forex but the volume of the flag pole should be greater than the volume of the candles in the congestion area. Up volume over down volume in candle 5 over candle 6 would be even better}

That is what I came up with to describe a bull flag pole.
It does cut down on the number of losers in the DarvasBox code.

Can you send this to the guys on Tradestation who you contacted?
Ask them if they can add the bull flag pole to the DarvasBox code that plots the indicator so that the indicator only plots around the bull flag, if possible.

Here are the workspaces you asked for:
Attachments
GBPUSD 10 MINUTE 7-09-06.tsw
(22 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
GBPUSD 60 MINUTE 7-9-06.tsw
(129.5 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
USDJPY Weekly 7-9-06.tsw
(22 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

fatdog1
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 11:58 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby fatdog1 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:56 am

Ali Son wrote:FATDOG1

I've been watching that TLCollection/YM Workspace 7-06-06, and I notice it took a buy trade today based on same prior 7/06 yellow/green trading range at the same white line trigger, for a big loss when the obvious trend was downward. Is it not working correctly? How are you using it?
-OS


Ali,

I update the charts I trade off of every day.
I don't update the workspaces I post here everyday.

The 7-6-06 mini dow chart missed a long trade from the day before at 11222 by 4 ticks, so the support in that area is not fresh anymore.

Even if you traded off that chart on Friday, you would have lost 20 points which is $100.00 in the mini dow at the green line which is the stop loss.

I traded the @US long on Friday.

fatdog1
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 11:58 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby fatdog1 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:26 am

fatdog1 wrote:
Ali Son wrote:FATDOG1

I've been watching that TLCollection/YM Workspace 7-06-06, and I notice it took a buy trade today based on same prior 7/06 yellow/green trading range at the same white line trigger, for a big loss when the obvious trend was downward. Is it not working correctly? How are you using it?
-OS


Ali,

I update the charts I trade off of every day.
I don't update the workspaces I post here everyday.

The 7-6-06 mini dow chart missed a long trade from the day before at 11222 by 4 ticks, so the support in that area is not fresh anymore.

Even if you traded off that chart on Friday, you would have lost 20 points which is $100.00 in the mini dow at the green line which is the stop loss.

I traded the @US long on Friday.


Ali,
I am posting a new Eurusd workspace today.
It is not a workspace I plan on trading off of since I don't trade forex.

It is only updated to reflect what happened on Friday since the Euro went higher.

So there is no confusion about which charts I have updated, all the charts will have a current date on them to reflect the changes from either the day before or the last time I updated it. If it is a workspace I plan to trade off of, it will say trade workspace.

Some of the older charts on this website have areas of support and resistance on them that will be support or resistance in the future.
Some don't. I don't have the time to go back and update them all on a daily basis, sorry.

FD1
Attachments
EURUSD 60 MIN 7-09-06.tsw
(23.5 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Ali Son
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:30 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: None specified

Postby Ali Son » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:43 am

I will add the code you provided to the TS guys as well as some pics to the lengthy description that I already provided.

Thanks for the worspaces. I figure the weekly ones will certainly not go stale anytime soon.

Ali Son
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:30 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: None specified

Postby Ali Son » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:52 am

This is true indeed. That's the way to approach it, seeing if there is a codable symmetry,since it's all about channels, i.e. mini cycles.


TheRumpledOne wrote:Nice work, fatdog1!!

To me, CONGESTION is a function of time and price range.

That's a indicator screaming to be coded.

I think the NickNxtMove indicator tries to do that.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.............

https://www.tradestation.com/Discussion ... c_ID=29357

https://www.tradestation.com/Discussion ... ic_ID=3458

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “strategy trading & money management”