Daily Open-SR Technique

trading strategies and money management discussion, code, results

Moderator: moderators

FXOperator

Daily Open-SR Technique

Postby FXOperator » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:03 am

Somehow my deep desire to share with traders around the world overcame all possible public negative comments and also prompted me to come here, one of the best forex forums in the world. I believe there are many profitable systems out there, however, it still boils down to our determination and discipline to follow a mechanical system. Here is one of the strategies that I am using now, which is called The Daily Open Support and Resistance Technique, or DOSRin short. This discretionary trading method is very simple and does not rely on any indicators but only the formation of candlestick, which is also the price action.

Attached is a brief description on how this DOSR works.

Feel free to share your comments. Thank you.
Attachments
Daily Open-SR Technique.pdf
(38.2 KiB) Downloaded 463 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:04 am

Thanks for posting.

Interesting that it is a cross between Orange's SRDC and the $TRILLION Strategy.

Looks like a winner.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Patch

Welcome

Postby Patch » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:03 am

FxOperator

Welcome to Kreslik. I agree with you 1000% about the quality of this forum and the people who post here.

Thank you for posting your pdf file complete with pictures and text. I am wondering how long your test ran? Was it on EURUSD or also GBPUSD and USDJPY?

Question 2 is your stop loss is 20 pips closing CANDLE price. This may open you up to some substantial loss beyond 20, perhaps. This is what I've observed with TRO's $Trillion Dollar Strategy that I hope to do a study of and post this holiday weekend.

You are well on your way to your $1.5 and retire by 30. Never give up and keep searching and find a successful mentor and pass along your success to others.

Jeff in VA

FXOperator

Thank you for your sharing too.

Postby FXOperator » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:55 pm

I've first came this website across via the powerful Google.com. I didn't know about the Trillion Strategy. Probably worth a read. I will check it out then.

My tests were on EUR/USD, GBP/USD and GBP/JPY. The Sterling pairs were the best, while the EURO only passed marginally. I've tested for 2 mths plus.. and live trading for 2 mths.

This system is not finalized as in hard rules or anything, I'm sharing to make a start of this technique for exploration. Perhaps some of you have better ideas to improve it.

Please continue to explore without my presence.

Thanks flash9911 for your encouragement. I hope to be able to trade for a living in future.

vladv

Postby vladv » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:16 pm

Anyone still trading this strategy?I want to know some real trading results such as pips/month,earning/losses ratio,maximum drawdown,what pairs are the best to trade,etc.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “strategy trading & money management”