Jekell and Hyde trading

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Mr. Hyde

Re: Jekell and Hyde trading

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:59 pm

salezyakuku wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:"A Financial Times report this morning is stating that a trader from Citi might have been implicated in the British pound’s October ‘flash crash’. Sterling’s value collapsed against the U.S. dollar from 1.26 to circa 1.14 in about 40 seconds"

"FT’s report highlights that sources with knowledge of the matter said that a particular trader placed multiple sell orders on the GBP/USD market. Throughout a very intensive time on the market, the trader was described as “panicked” by one of the London-based newspaper’s sources." Wonder how big those orders were.

"The Bank of England on its part has outlined “human error” and/or a “poorly calibrated execution algorithm." Exactly why I would never use anythibg to automate my trading. Remember the crash in 2010 thanks in part to HFT. Machines can and will always break. If Im gonna lose my account Im doing it myself, haha.

I would rather distinguish robot trading from automate trading. Part of my trades have automation like partial tp, move sl if next order fill, basket tp and sl and more... automation can also secure our manual trading.

My apologizies. That I can understand. But just in general the world is way to dependent and machine ran. Just look at the hacking news stories or yahoo breach. Nothing is safe that is online. But that's just my opinion.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:06 pm

Updated gu chart. I love when prices just slides from one pitchfork to anther and switchs direction

https://charts.mql5.com/13/546/gbpusd-m ... ision1.png

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:46 pm

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:59 pm

Gotta say this chart makes me happy and helps with trusting in angles. The forks were already drew. Then ontop of that you had a megaphone marked 1-5 for the swings. Then exited at the angle/horz crossing. Looking for price to pop up, find resistance and then continue down.

[quoteImage][/quote]

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:20 pm

Working on some new idea's. But until they are ready its jut the good ole basics. Momo, 123, horz/angles. Doesn't get any easier then this.

gbpusd-m15-oanda-division1.png
gbpusd-m15-oanda-division1.png (56.61 KiB) Viewed 4428 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:20 am

I probably should have been hppy with the 400 pip gain. But hoping for a little bit more out of it.

usdjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png
usdjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png (40.43 KiB) Viewed 4405 times

Pjort

Postby Pjort » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:43 pm

Thanks for sharing your realtime trading charts...
V8 sounds like generous person.

What chart software and broker do you use if I may ask?

I am tired of Ext Capital which is ny current broker. A too smart spreadbet dealer...

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:19 pm

Pjort wrote:Thanks for sharing your realtime trading charts...
V8 sounds like generous person.

What chart software and broker do you use if I may ask?

I am tired of Ext Capital which is ny current broker. A too smart spreadbet dealer...

I use multiple brokers. Some of which no longer accept us clients. But I was looking at trying Gains and IB's larger size accounts they offer, plus LMAX. I will post how I like them.

V8 is the nicest and most generous person ever. But he is also very calculating and ruthless. He paid for my schooling cuz I was going into law (his own personal defense lawyer) and he gets a nice cut of my trading profits. I actually kind of feel bad, cuz before I came around he had planned on funding a member on Kreslik with a 6 figure account and have them make a zero.

But his favorite charities are St. Jude and Make a Wish Foundation. My final test before I can trade my money is to take a 100 account and add 3 zeros to it. His thought is that trading changes when your trading your own money and not being coached by someone. Also that money is strictly donated (hence why I challeneged John S.).

But onanda, gain, IB or any US broker should be ok until you start playing with bigger lots. Look at DC's thread he trades's up to 10 lot's on a trade from what I have seen. Alaismith seems to make consistent gains with who ever is his broker. Same with TRO and westcountry.

I think we might be in the "Golden Age" of retail forex brokers. Were they are actually pretty honest cuz they are trying to out do each other and get other companies traders. The 2 red flags for me would be if they reject your trade (especially a market order) and/or making a extreme spread (think 10-100 pips) just to clear SL or to stop you from getting into a trade.

laksh

Postby laksh » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:09 pm

Pjort wrote:
...broker... ?

The broker I use (offers spread betting account type on ECN -- FCA regulated, based in London, deals with many institutional clients) charges a round trip commission of $50 per a trade size of 1 million irrespective of base currency for USD denominated accounts, if your traded volume is above 25 M per month.

If you are interested, let me know, and I will give you the name of the broker. They don't spend monies on marketing adverts, just a word of mouth :wink:

commssion.PNG
commssion.PNG (6.1 KiB) Viewed 4273 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:10 am

laksh wrote:
Pjort wrote:
...broker... ?

The broker I use (offers spread betting account type on ECN -- FCA regulated, based in London, deals with many institutional clients) charges a round trip commission of $50 per a trade size of 1 million irrespective of base currency for USD denominated accounts, if your traded volume is above 25 M per month.

If you are interested, let me know, and I will give you the name of the broker. They don't spend monies on marketing adverts, just a word of mouth :wink:

commssion.PNG

Are those actual orders you put in? Could have made some serious money today.

Return to “beginners forum”