The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:59 pm

I put an 'x' on the pattern closes and used TRO style arrows to indicate bars that broke out of a pattern.

Keep in mind that how I interpret H4+ bars is not necessarily how I interpret smaller charts.

Day 1: price opened higher than the blue bias line so we trade long (this is also the monthly open).
Price closes weak indicating that the current state of the expansion is in the downward direction.

Day 2: price crosses the first relevant close and then reverses past its own open indicating that nothing has changed,
price is going down.

Day 3: there is a pattern breakout.
The previous price action is that of overlapping bars and a cone and there is no reason to expect that price will thrust its way
through the zero-line at this time.

Many times there will be that second thrust, a breakout of a breakout, but in all probability the next candle that closes in the same direction is going to be smaller or there are going to be overlapping bars; I think that it is better to just take your money off of the table and wait to see what price does.

Day 4: price returns to the pattern, if you were long from a smaller chart then you would exit after this large bar closed.
The idea hasn't changed, the pattern is and has been lower closes, we are looking for shorts.

Day 5: as expected, a secondary thrust upwards after a large bar.
If price could consolidate above the blue line, on a smaller chart, then I would consider the possibility of a rise to the extreme of day 1...
but this didn't happen (see H4 chart below).

USDJPYDaily.png
USDJPYDaily.png (17.48 KiB) Viewed 480 times
USDJPYH4.png
USDJPYH4.png (14.21 KiB) Viewed 480 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

jscar

Postby jscar » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:03 am

Several pages ago, I posted some charts with an indicator that tried to find important (momo) midpoints. I thought I would toss out an example chart showing these in context.

The lighter colored lines in the chart are for the current (M2) time frame. The orange lines currently are from M10 bars. There is also a dashboard showing higher level time frames. This only goes to H4 because TOS does not keep data long enough for sub-M5 time frames. The level for D1 shows up on M5 and higher charts, W1 shows up on H1 charts, and M1 shows up on D1 charts.

The dotted lines top and bottom are the adaptive stops from the charts I recently posted. I'll eventually get around to posting the logic for those.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:36 am

MightyOne wrote:I put an 'x' on the pattern closes and used TRO style arrows to indicate bars that broke out of a pattern.

Keep in mind that how I interpret H4+ bars is not necessarily how I interpret smaller charts.

Day 1: price opened higher than the blue bias line so we trade long (this is also the monthly open).
Price closes weak indicating that the current state of the expansion is in the downward direction.

Day 2: price crosses the first relevant close and then reverses past its own open indicating that nothing has changed,
price is going down.

The previous price action is that of overlapping bars and a cone and there is no reason to expect that price will thrust its way

Many times there will be that second thrust, a breakout of a breakout, but in all probability the next candle that closes in the same direction is going to be smaller or there are going to be overlapping bars; I think that it is better to just take your money off of the table and wait to see what price does.

Day 4: price returns to the pattern, if you were long from a smaller chart then you would exit after this large bar closed.
The idea hasn't changed, the pattern is and has been lower closes, we are looking for shorts.

If price could consolidate above the blue line, on a smaller chart, then I would consider the possibility of a rise to the extreme of day 1...

USDJPYDaily.pngUSDJPYH4.png

What does " first relevant close " mean? How is it determined?

"there is a pattern breakout" What pattern??

" the zero-line" How is that determined?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:19 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:

I can't, TRO, I just can't :lol:

We've been talking about patterns and pattern breakouts for the past several pages and the "zero-line" is as old as the hills.

An 'x' was placed on closes that are within the pattern (a 'pattern' is not a breakout).

The pic was simply an example to show Mira how one might use large charts to form a bias and how that bias might change based on new information.

nat

Postby nat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:56 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:

How I see it

1- the dashed orange line goes to where bodies started closing below "something". Also nothing closed above the orange line so i believe those are considered wickdolls

2- You can roughly draw a 15 degree angle through the orange X's so thats the pattern that you want to short out of or come long into it

3- Z-line was explained as the 0-50% lines on a candle. The "first significant close" had stuff close above the 50% so scratch that but the 0% had nothing close above it so id consider that still valid

P.S. MO youve only make a handful of these play by play posts but I find them very helpful

salezyakuku

Postby salezyakuku » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:40 am

E/G - 3,5 solid lines this week from HI Hago to XX Hago. Then 1,75 solid lines from XX Hago to current mid. =D> I'm in love :lol:

eg1256.png
eg1256.png (30.5 KiB) Viewed 695 times

BTW. My next toy? #-o

"I only see my goals, I don't believe in failure 'Cause I know the smallest voices, they can make it major"

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:53 am

Salezy,

Please could you go through your personal understanding of Hago and how you draw the lines in your indicator and what they mean to you?

thanks

EDIT RAZER IS THE s**t!!!! :twisted:
Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

I trade using <<FX SYNERGY>>

salezyakuku

Postby salezyakuku » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:40 am

I like HL's and I using my luxuriant imagination to interpret what price is doing. :lol: Something like Silva Method to visualize where price can be at the end of day. :lol:
Whether it’s a desire to defy physical limitations, push the boundaries of imagination, or just beat the odds, stories abound of extraordinary people doing extraordinary things. People do manifest desires out of thin air. Conventional thinking may call it luck, but at Silva we hold a bigger picture. We understand the role that intention plays in shaping what we experience as ‘reality’. This is what is at the core of ‘manifesting’.

I'm using this MO explanation.
On prev. pic you can see that bias was long. Week open (gold line) above prev. midpoint and above HI Hago, price also left blue box (weekly htbl).
I move this trade to HTF earlier after my target was hit and I exit Crash Zone mid (near XX Hago).

I also went short after V with small size because of late entry. I edited TRO skyline indi to plot HAGO and OPEN (Period_Choice1 for Hago, Period_Choice2 for Open) for back testing. On right pic: red lines HI LO, blue open, green XX OO. You need play to find answer :wink:. I personally don't like lines which move (like current midpoint or RAT zone) that why I started to develop MO idea of HAGO to lower TF. After month of back testing I found that only W1 and D1 Hago are worth to look in some situations. Unfortunately my health slow down my researches.

eg1265.png
eg1265.png (66.76 KiB) Viewed 683 times

EDIT: Forgot to add that on right Hago-skyline settings were: PC1:1440 PC2:1440.
Attachments
Hago.mq4
(9.12 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Last edited by salezyakuku on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I only see my goals, I don't believe in failure 'Cause I know the smallest voices, they can make it major"

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Thank you for this explanation... and for being so generous with your mod/code

I will read over and internalize all this and hopefully get back to you...

Thanks again
Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

I trade using <<FX SYNERGY>>

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:55 pm

MightyOne wrote:I put an 'x' on the pattern closes and used TRO style arrows to indicate bars that broke out of a pattern.

price is going down.

USDJPYDaily.pngUSDJPYH4.png

Thanks MO!
It definitely makes sense.
[Overlapping bars + BO] could be a sort of "check-point" where to look at when price returns, is price closing over? Is price closing under? I wait for the next pattern, the next BO and the next hook.
So the challenge is finding the extremes, someone who is winning and make lines (or simply make lines).

Return to “TheRumpledOne”