West's Trading Journey

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

westcountry

Re: West's Trading Journey

Postby westcountry » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:14 am

Now I have exited +8 pips. Saw pips, took pips.
Attachments
EURUSDproM15out.png
EURUSDproM15out.png (37.59 KiB) Viewed 2931 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:10 pm

Damn man your already killing it

westcountry

Postby westcountry » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:00 pm

Thanks V8, I am not totally "there" yet where I want to be, still working on it.

westcountry

Postby westcountry » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:05 pm

Just keeping it simple, trend, pull back, "go"...take 10-20 pips.
Attachments
EURJPYproM1519oct exit.png
EURJPYproM1519oct exit.png (37.18 KiB) Viewed 2779 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:50 pm

westcountry wrote:Just keeping it simple, trend, pull back, "go"...take 10-20 pips.

That ideas is a fundamental concept in my mind. I called it "range" then correction in my old posts. Many other tactics are based on that idea.....fibs, 123, zlines..etc

Master that one Idea and you'll never look back.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

westcountry

Postby westcountry » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:12 pm

Thanks Alias,
Yeah I need to master some of these basic pip rippin' techniques. Will keep working it!

All the best,
West

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:47 pm

westcountry wrote:Just keeping it simple, trend, pull back, "go"...take 10-20 pips.

Nice trading Westcountry...... keep it up you will get there before you know it.

doji
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:44 am

aliassmith wrote:

That ideas is a fundamental concept in my mind. I called it "range" then correction in my old posts. Many other tactics are based on that idea.....fibs, 123, zlines..etc

Master that one Idea and you'll never look back.

Those post are even saved on my cell phone. They influenced my trading massively and even helped me design one of my most prized setups. You Jala, dragon, MO all equaled helped form my trading idea's to where Im today. Then I added some randon trading idea's I have collected over the years and bam you have my trading style today.

westcountry

Postby westcountry » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:22 pm

Thanks Doji, Alias and V8. Good perspective for me. I appreciate the feedback from you gentleman.

Here is my trades from this morning. I left a lot on the table, I need to get better with that. Or maybe not (I don't know). Sometimes I go for more and things reverse. The key I am focusing on now for Me is ending the day positive (10-20 pips), ... stop when things are positive. So today just a few trades and trade ideas used...

First trade was taken based on noticing movement of JPY pairs across many pairs, it kinda fizzled so I got out (especially as support was not breaking here), of course about 40 minutes later, support broke and I could of made 15-20 pips...but no worries, at least it was not a loss.

Second trade was a break out, just grabbed 10 pips. Done. Up about 13 pips on the day.

Third setup was "the one that got away", I was stalking that setup for a sell at yellow zone, but could not take it as I was already in the trade above. That would have been good for 15 pips.

All the best,
West
Attachments
AUDJPYproM15.png
AUDJPYproM15.png (41.43 KiB) Viewed 2675 times
AUDUSDproM15.png
AUDUSDproM15.png (37.26 KiB) Viewed 2675 times
GBPUSDproM15 the one that got away.png
GBPUSDproM15 the one that got away.png (34.24 KiB) Viewed 2675 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:00 pm

westcountry wrote:Thanks Doji, Alias and V8. Good perspective for me. I appreciate the feedback from you gentleman.

Here is my trades from this morning. I left a lot on the table, I need to get better with that. Or maybe not (I don't know). Sometimes I go for more and things reverse. The key I am focusing on now for Me is ending the day positive (10-20 pips), ... stop when things are positive. So today just a few trades and trade ideas used...

First trade was taken based on noticing movement of JPY pairs across many pairs, it kinda fizzled so I got out (especially as support was not breaking here), of course about 40 minutes later, support broke and I could of made 15-20 pips...but no worries, at least it was not a loss.

Second trade was a break out, just grabbed 10 pips. Done. Up about 13 pips on the day.

Third setup was "the one that got away", I was stalking that setup for a sell at yellow zone, but could not take it as I was already in the trade above. That would have been good for 15 pips.

All the best,
West

My thoughts on this is do what you are comfortable with and making money with. Do that consistently to build confidence in your self. Then you can try and do more/different things. Early in my career I was making 5-15% a week pretty consistently. Then I saw TRO talking about 2% a day and MO adding zero's. So I changed my trading and lost instead of won. Another time was when I started to try to trade HTF charts. I would let winners (100 pips) become losers, cuz I thought it was gonna move even more. Then I was so pissed about that the next trade I took, I would get out immediately to secure my profit and then it finally moved like I thought it would. It was bad. Almost quit trading cuz of it. But I did what I always preach, went back to the basics (1 pair, 1 setup) and rebuilt my confidence and account back up.

If you are missing trades then lower your leverage and spread some love around to all the pairs you watch

Return to “beginners forum”