NLA 5 years later

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

jarnapal

NLA 5 years later

Postby jarnapal » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:12 pm

Wanted to create this thread to ask about how many are still using knowledge that TRO and MightyOne brought into NLA thread some years ago ?

I have been reading the thread many times over and trading the zerolines. What it seems to me is that the method as we know of and learned from NLA thread is not that accurate anymore ? I believe that in 5 years a lot can change. Psychology stays the same, herd is still getting zeroed out and smart money is still tricking the crowd. But high frequency trading has become more and more popular and therefore market movement and pure zeroline concept seems to have become more complicated. No ?

So, if you are still zeroing traders out successfully then would you drop a line here to say if you think there has been some changes how you should observe the PA and ZL and if there is something new you have to SEE.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:58 pm

Explain what "not that accurate" means?

Thanks
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

jarnapal

Postby jarnapal » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:35 pm

Hei TRO

Not sure if I can explain it well but there are high volume spikes happening near these "mighty" areas. Sometimes it feels that MO, es/pip, dragon33, zapzing, ayajasem and many more talented traders who learned the method have been hitting the market so hard that market makers had to adopt to them :wink: Not always spikes but also the price action seems to trick you out of the trade near zero lines. The price ends up moving as it should, just that you tried several times to get into the trade (and several times I pass the trade ending up seeing how price moves where I had marked the line)

I hope I am sounding rubbish :) I hope there are still some traders from NLA thread lurking around. Love to hear your thoughts on this!

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Please post a chart showing this... thanks

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:36 am

jarnapal

I know what you mean, but it is hardly the cause of the "market makers" most of the recent erratic volatility is due to markets trading heavily on news releases, as most of the fundamental data now can be broken down into inflation targeting and jobs data - these as well as others directly effect forward guidance by central banks and therefore traders are very skittish around these releases. This in turn disrupts the normal ebb and flow of the markets and creates these inefficient price spikes...

The pricing mechanism of the markets that give rise to the MightyZone (50%+ Fib retracement of a momentum push), Zeroline (Breakout / Pullback Entry), Dragon Line (Market Price Turning points of Supply and Demand) is not broken... It is just very jumpy around big news...

So it pays to know what news is going to be moving the market on a daily / weekly basis... and I know a lot of traders do not want to hear this, but it is the truth... You need to learn to trade with and anticipate fundamental news flows... and at the very least, just know what time in the session you could expect some volume and volatility to pick up...

Waiting for stronger confirmation bias BEFORE entering a trade out exiting a trade is also something one has to consider in this fast paced market that we find ourselves trading in everyday.

Lets look at yesterdays PA on the EU

H1 Showing Zlines Still dictating price Range (You just have to know where to pick them...) Just showing price function still in tact...

M15 over same major Zlines... Showing minor Zlines with RED Ticks...

Now shaded News spikes show how Zlines are ignored UNTIL they reach Larger Much more relevant ones...

M5 showing that there are Zlines a plenty out there! pick one and trade it in the direction of profit... and as Dragon and MO says... the larger the Time frame of the Zline the better your chances ar of being right and the larger the move away from that Zline...

I hope this helps you see a little better... if not, lets chat about it...
:smt065

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:16 pm

Looks like profit to me.

What am I not seeing that you are?

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:23 pm

Saw the thread....just wanted to input...

my last 19 trades, all winners, all zliners..... not sure what you mean....
I did drop the 5 min chart though for zlines....
When scalping 5 min, I use different method....

Even you pics look great to me still....

doji
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:58 pm

ummm... I think there is some confusion...

I was replying to jarnapal's question... The two names look alike, so ya...

Zlines are a beaut! :)
:smt065

jarnapal

Postby jarnapal » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:17 pm

Jalarupa, thanks for posting the charts! This is true that during news events, the price sometimes moves through zerolines until it finds better set of orders. I would have definitely marked some of the zerolines in similar areas. There are some more areas as well left unmarked.

I picked a random area that I did not trade but looked something that I often find struggling with. Maybe not the best setup because of the (up) momentum but hopefully you see what I mean.

h1 zl:

M30:

M15:

After struggling in these similar areas I will end up just looking how perfect setup ended up working as it should because I would have lost confidence in shorting at this time. I'm not an expert either but just struggling a bit at these areas. What I feel is that price is moving up more to get to the needed point of most? stop losses.

Doji,

I also find it hard to trade zerolines on 5min. I spend too much money on commission and spread by just hopping in and out. Can I ask you what sessions you trade or does it matter at all.

jarnapal

Postby jarnapal » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:49 pm

Jalarupa wrote:ummm... I think there is some confusion...

I was replying to jarnapal's question... The two names look alike, so ya...

Zlines are a beaut! :)

:)

But it's good to hear that you both are using zerolines successfully.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”