The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Postby Karma » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:23 am

Neo88 wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:
Neo88 wrote:Some lines in sand I am looking at in Gold

Why would you choose to trade gold over silver??

It doesn't matter to me, but I guess gold is the leader between metals

I could reference the gold and silver ratio but I really see the huge industrial demand for silver is great and the potential is massive. Those two things combined to me are inarguable...

There for, I pray every day that MO is right and I can see a few more years of ridiculously low PM prices so I can continue to load up

I'd love to see $10 an ounce for silver again because I expect to see $100 very easily in my life time

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:53 am

TygerKrane wrote:
trueblueTEX wrote:I'm a believer that this is THE lesson I need to learn but this is where I feel most like the dumb zen student trying to figure out the sound of one-hand clapping.

If you think this lesson might be THE lesson, you might want to check out (or re-check out) Mark Douglas.

Discretionary Trading will never be 1+1=2 on a consistent basis.

I got a couple of links to Mark Douglas.

Here, however, is a summary of the biggest mentality-changing points I took from him (they may not all apply for you.)

Sure, the lesson as a whole, or a particular post in it may make a lightbulb come on for you, but if that hasn't happened thus far, you might want to reconsider theinternal expectations that you have about the markets and your success/failure to perform within them.

WOW!!!! THANK YOU TYGERKRANE!!!!

That trip down Kreslik Memory Lane (even one of my posts from 2010 or 2011 was in there!!) was very worthwhile.

I just created a EDIT 25 ([s]45[/s]) ENDEDIT page document with posts from you, alias, pugwash, pp2, withnail, and MO.

Mostly meat, very little milk ;-)
Last edited by trueblueTEX on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:09 am

trueblueTEX wrote:NO, I know that. I was one of those who nearly went to Rhodesia "back in the day."!!!

No, I was referring to the fact that so many say we are becoming like Europe. I fear we are becoming like Argentina.

Laws regarding property are cockeyed down there.

I'll PM you about this, as I don't want to go too off topic in this thread.

trueblueTEX wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:
trueblueTEX wrote:I'm a believer that this is THE lesson I need to learn but this is where I feel most like the dumb zen student trying to figure out the sound of one-hand clapping.

If you think this lesson might be THE lesson, you might want to check out (or re-check out) Mark Douglas.

Discretionary Trading will never be 1+1=2 on a consistent basis.

I got a couple of links to Mark Douglas.

Here, however, is a summary of the biggest mentality-changing points I took from him (they may not all apply for you.)

Sure, the lesson as a whole, or a particular post in it may make a lightbulb come on for you, but if that hasn't happened thus far, you might want to reconsider theinternal expectations that you have about the markets and your success/failure to perform within them.

WOW!!!! THANK YOU TYGERKRANE!!!!

That trip down Kreslik Memory Lane (even one of my posts from 2010 or 2011 was in there!!) was very worthwhile.

I just created a 45 page document with posts from you, alias, pugwash, pp2, withnail, and MO.

Mostly meat, very little milk ;-)

Your welcome mate, I didn't realize I had so many notes on the previous page from the link I gave. There were also some very good videos in one of the posts that also particularly helped me get my mind right.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:55 am

TygerKrane wrote: There were also some very good videos in one of the posts that also particularly helped me get my mind right.

Hey, and unlike ICT's, those videos are still on YouTube!!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:33 am

TygerKrane wrote:
MightyOne wrote: The panic selling to come, when everyone realizes that the world is not going to end as we know it, makes gold the best option for bears.

I am looking forward to $500/$600 an oz over the long term.

So you think the Fed is going to stop devaluing the dollar? :lol:
As soon as they do, a world economic crisis of another kind will arise. #-o

The whole world would have to turn into Zimbabwe first, before the US $ could ever have that much value over gold again.

Lets get a few things straight :lol:

1) Gold IS NOT and will NEVER AGAIN be money

2) You are not privy to the actual economic data; you are only privy to what ever the media is telling you.

3) decreased demand for gold jewelry, devices that use gold are getting smaller, people are demanding clear filling in dentistry (or choosing silver), more gold being mined to supply increased demand (which will revert to oversupply with lower demand).

Things that are hyper inflated (think homes) can be worth less than they were 15 years ago ---> even if the money supply grows.
Why is this so? because homes were hyper inflated...same thing with gold.

I may be wrong about some things or everything but what I do know is that it is not as easy as pointing to a singular reason for causation.

Neo88

Postby Neo88 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:34 am

Karma wrote:
Neo88 wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:
Neo88 wrote:Some lines in sand I am looking at in Gold

Why would you choose to trade gold over silver??

It doesn't matter to me, but I guess gold is the leader between metals

I could reference the gold and silver ratio but I really see the huge industrial demand for silver is great and the potential is massive. Those two things combined to me are inarguable...

There for, I pray every day that MO is right and I can see a few more years of ridiculously low PM prices so I can continue to load up

I'd love to see $10 an ounce for silver again because I expect to see $100 very easily in my life time

I don't use fundamentals to make trading decisions, I mainly use the charts and by the look of it silver doesn't look better than gold the trend is still down unless that lower support holds

A man must believe in himself and his judgment if he expects to make a living at this game. - Jesse Livermore

Neo88

Postby Neo88 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:12 am

MightyOne wrote:
Lets get a few things straight :lol:

1) Gold IS NOT and will NEVER AGAIN be money

2) You are not privy to the actual economic data; you are only privy to what ever the media is telling you.

3) decreased demand for gold jewelry, devices that use gold are getting smaller, people are demanding clear filling in dentistry (or choosing silver), more gold being mined to supply increased demand (which will revert to oversupply with lower demand).

Things that are hyper inflated (think homes) can be worth less than they were 15 years ago ---> even if the money supply grows.
Why is this so? because homes were hyper inflated...same thing with gold.

I may be wrong about some things or everything but what I do know is that it is not as easy as pointing to a singular reason for causation.

I would say gold was never money from the beginning, but a store of value that's why I think natural demand won't change the picture since fundamentals have shifted from that to demand created by speculative capitals looking for a store of value

I don't know if that made sense, I didn't understand money and its creation until lately :lol: .
A man must believe in himself and his judgment if he expects to make a living at this game. - Jesse Livermore

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:19 pm

"I would say gold was never money from the beginning, but a store of value"

What than is Money? A storage of value is it not?
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Personally I can see gold going either way, just stay flexible and ready to jump this way or that as events unfold...

Is gold moving towards being over valued or under valued? Long term how should you be trading?
Life is just a journey

Neo88

Postby Neo88 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:50 pm

PebbleTrader wrote:"I would say gold was never money from the beginning, but a store of value"

What than is Money? A storage of value is it not?

Money is a medium of exchange not a store of value as its value is controled by who ever is issuing it(the money)

To make sure we are talking about the same thing here I am talking about the currency which include paper currency and deposits held on banks (also referred to as M0 and M1).

Return to “TheRumpledOne”