A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:12 am

What are pips? I only understand percent ;)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:24 am

You can increase your position size without lowering/raising your position:

Price ranges are some of the best times to accumulate.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:34 am

Ugh! Im gonna look at this again....

Mo I dislike you and love you! What you say haunts me, only because I dont grasp it. I need to find out how to apply your charts above to my last trade where I lost 12 percent, (since you dont know what pips are :P ) So im left with 2 percent this week... Time to evaluate where I am and where I want to be... I cant live on the the "Success High" I have been on since february forever, nor do I want to become stagnate. Time to put the thinking cap on. Thanks for the post!

doji
BigGrin_Smile
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:21 am

Take my word for it:

Target large jumps in your account.

Consider small jumps only for strategic reasons.

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:15 am

im fckn slow
i dont get space at all
i thought i did

can somebody point me to a place where i can start with that concept?
or maybe someone wants to explain it here in few simple sentences :wink: (its not going to happen, i know)
im gluten free intolerant

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:11 pm

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:23 pm

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:57 pm

paweldobkowski wrote:im fckn slow
i dont get space at all
i thought i did

or maybe someone wants to explain it here in few simple sentences :wink: (its not going to happen, i know)

"space" is a way to say, I want to make 20%/50%/100% or whatever on my acct and there is no such thing as LOSING until my initial risk of X% is gone.

"space" is a way to ADD to a winning position(or series of winners) so that you can attain your goal of X% without having to get a 20,000 pip move.

So, if you make some pips and add that amount to your lot value for the next trade, you can get to your goal quicker.........OR

Once you are holding substantial profit in a trade you can add lot size (which moves your X% maximum loss line closer to current price)

That's it. but FIRST you cant be a freak, have fear of losing your paltry 2% initial risk(or whatever it is), and you need to understand the basics of price channels/sup/res

So in review,
Find a big ass channel (1000+ pips or more) and trade from one EDGE to the other.
If you start with 2% risk and 100 pips "space" you can use 5-20 pip tries, 2-50 pip tries or what ever you see fit to get the bad boy moving toward the other side of the channel. Add lot value along the way (preferably on retraces) and you'll get to your original goal of X%

OR lose your 2%, 1% or what ever you started the sequence risking.

This is the important part:
Have a TARGET.
Commit to the TARGET.
I'll say it again.
but FIRST you cant be a freak, have fear of losing your paltry 2% initial risk(or whatever it is), and you need to understand the basics of price channels/sup/res

That last part of the statement may not even be true, just find a target and get there by way of the biggest lots possible.

MY OPINION IS THAT PEOPLE WHO TRADE "SPACE" HAVE A STRONGER NEED TO BE RIGHT THAN MOST, THE LONGER THE TIMEFRAME YOU TRADE THE MORE INGRAINED YOUR NEED TO BE "RIGHT".

Ask MO or Bredin the last time they have "LOST".

They will answer with YEARS because that's how long it's been since they have lost their initial "space".
It's a BRAIN thing but it's also VERY PROFITABLE, which is the reason we are trading anyway. right?
Last edited by prochargedmopar on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:09 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
i dont get space at all
i thought i did

"space" is a way to say, I want to make 20%/50%/100% or whatever on my acct and there is no such thing as LOSING until my initial risk of X% is gone.

"space" is a way to ADD to a winning position(or series of winners) so that you can attain your goal of X% without having to get a 20,000 pip move.

So, if you make some pips and add that amount to your lot value for the next trade, you can get to your goal quicker.........OR

Once you are holding substantial profit in a trade you can add lot size (which moves your X% maximum loss line closer to current price)

That's it. but FIRST you cant be a freak, have fear of losing your paltry 2% initial risk(or whatever it is), and you need to understand the basics of price channels/sup/res

So in review,
Find a big ass channel (1000+ pips or more) and trade from one EDGE to the other.
If you start with 2% risk and 100 pips "space" you can use 5-20 pip tries, 2-50 pip tries or what ever you see fit to get the bad boy moving toward the other side of the channel. Add lot value along the way (preferably on retraces) and you'll get to your original goal of X%

Have a TARGET.
Commit to the TARGET.
I'll say it again.
but FIRST you cant be a freak, have fear of losing your paltry 2% initial risk(or whatever it is), and you need to understand the basics of price channels/sup/res

That last part of the statement may not even be true, just find a target and get there by way of the biggest lots possible.

MY OPINION IS THAT PEOPLE WHO TRADE "SPACE" HAVE A STRONGER NEED TO BE RIGHT THAN MOST, THE LONGER THE TIMEFRAME YOU TRADE THE MORE INGRAINED YOUR NEED TO BE "RIGHT".

They will answer with YEARS because that's how long it's been since they have lost their initial "space".
It's a BRAIN thing but it's also VERY PROFITABLE, which is why we are suppose to be trading anyway. right?

BTW,
I should be trading a chart with 5yr candles.
;)
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:56 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
i dont get space at all
i thought i did

So in review,

Have a TARGET.
Commit to the TARGET.
I'll say it again.

It's a BRAIN thing but it's also VERY PROFITABLE, which is why we are suppose to be trading anyway. right?

BTW,
I should be trading a chart with 5yr candles.
;)

I reduced my largest chart to the quarterly and increased my weekly chart to 9 days.

The last time I 'lost'? I lost my space one time in 2011.

It is not so much a need to be 'right' as it is a need to get her done
in as few strokes as possible ;)

Return to “beginners forum”