FOCUS

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:07 pm

newscalper wrote:Higher TF charts follow lower, not lower follow higher.

That is true but there's a little twist to that. Beacause price creates candles NOT the other way around. Of course - the lower You go - the closer You are to a real price movement. Candles are like any other indicator.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

scratty

Postby scratty » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:51 am

A failed attempt in the tf you choosed as your basic tf! Don't mix to much tfs (this is a information overdose and confuses more than it helps)
and go to the small ones only for getting into a trade (timing) when big ones give you a clear point of view. Don't go smaller than H1 for basic tf!

newscalper wrote:
scratty wrote:Hi Dragon

nice to have you back. Hope we will see some more posts from you again :oops:

FROM highs/lows and AT highs/lows is a big difference! I think that some traders here have a confusion with this two things...

:arrow: From highs/lows means the highs/lows are in past and there is a (failing) attempt to go to new high/low areas.

:arrow: At highs/lows means the highs/lows are just happening without a sign of stopping.

Do you agree with this definition dragon?

:idea: So don't just trade the opposite direction when price is hitting new highs/lows: Wait for a failing attempt. :shock:

HINT: Don't follow dragons high lotsize option until you are a timing god like dragen himself. Don't forget: Most traders (including me and you) are not that giftet, so try the small lot-size thing first :wink:

dragon33 wrote:Trade from the highs and lows from a big chart, zoom in on a small chart to catch high potential trades. If it goes wrong cut your loss fast. You can cut fast if you play high lotsize or you can trade scaling positions so you get more room or potential to win the trade

And there, w.r.t the timing problem you hit the nail on the head. A failed attempt in which timeframe? Price can be making new highs in one and yet have appeared to have made a failed attempt in a smaller timeframe. Is price still making new highs or is it reversing? Often you see a failed attempt in a smaller TF, take the trade only to get smashed to pieces later on, as happened to me several times this last week on BBs next potential area/areas on EU. Next level up proved to be profitable on Friday but I still finished the week down.
Lose professionally!

scratty

Postby scratty » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:04 am

I don't show entries, just a concept of looking at extremes. Higher tfs are always relevant :shock:

newscalper wrote:
scratty wrote:
Don't trade short "@ new highs"!

scratty wrote:Hi Dragon

nice to have you back. Hope we will see some more posts from you again :oops:

FROM highs/lows and AT highs/lows is a big difference! I think that some traders here have a confusion with this two things...

:arrow: From highs/lows means the highs/lows are in past and there is a (failing) attempt to go to new high/low areas.

:arrow: At highs/lows means the highs/lows are just happening without a sign of stopping.

Do you agree with this definition dragon?

:idea: So don't just trade the opposite direction when price is hitting new highs/lows: Wait for a failing attempt. :shock:

HINT: Don't follow dragons high lotsize option until you are a timing god like dragen himself. Don't forget: Most traders (including me and you) are not that giftet, so try the small lot-size thing first :wink:

dragon33 wrote:Trade from the highs and lows from a big chart, zoom in on a small chart to catch high potential trades. If it goes wrong cut your loss fast. You can cut fast if you play high lotsize or you can trade scaling positions so you get more room or potential to win the trade

Scratty - what you're really showing there is lower highs and lower lows in the shorter timeframe and an entry on the second lower high. No problem with that, just make the higher TF chart irrelevent for that purpose and I can personally make that work as long as I also take profit in the shorter TF, when I try to take profit in the higher TF is where I always end up getting whipsawed to death.. Higher TF charts follow lower, not lower follow higher.
Lose professionally!

scratty

Postby scratty » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:12 am

Price is the same on all timeframes.
no lower follows higher/higher follows lower :roll: it is just a representation of historical price data

paweldobkowski wrote:

That is true but there's a little twist to that. Beacause price creates candles NOT the other way around. Of course - the lower You go - the closer You are to a real price movement. Candles are like any other indicator.
Lose professionally!

scratty

Postby scratty » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:47 pm

Good that profit comes to you when FOCUSING on not losing money...

todays trade (6:1 Profit/Risk - 5Pips SL/30Pips TP):

Lose professionally!

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:51 pm

SCRATTEEEY

Nice one man!

Trading M15, H1 - "The PROs route" :wink:
im gluten free intolerant

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:24 pm

scratty wrote:Price is the same on all timeframes.
no lower follows higher/higher follows lower :roll: it is just a representation of historical price data

paweldobkowski wrote:

Exactly, so if we are discussing what is visible on a timframe chart in the form of price bars, higher timeframe price bars ALWAYS follow lower timeframe price bars. If your only concern is price you'll be looking at a line chart on the tick chart only.

scratty

Postby scratty » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:35 am

newscalper wrote:
scratty wrote:Price is the same on all timeframes.

paweldobkowski wrote:

Exactly, so if we are discussing what is visible on a timframe chart in the form of price bars, higher timeframe price bars ALWAYS follow lower timeframe price bars. If your only concern is price you'll be looking at a line chart on the tick chart only.

Higher tf bars just take more time to close. That doesn't mean they follow the small ones. Both are there @ the same time closed or not current or historical (different tfs bars are just another representation of Price and TIME) :roll:
Lose professionally!

scratty

Postby scratty » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:07 pm

Depending on past time a trade can look ok first after exit ...

... but after some more time it looks like shxxx :lol: Future is unknown - thats trading!

Lose professionally!

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:00 pm

scratty"]Price is the same on all timeframes.

[quote="paweldobkowski wrote:

[/quote]

Where have I heard THAT before? LOL!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”