free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:19 am

bredin wrote:
spa wrote:
bredin wrote:HMMM...
'
I think Ive been doing this differently...

3% risk over 45 pips = $300/45pips (at 10k account)... .66 lots..
inject profit into space = $2660/45pips.... 5.91 lots

can you see that your space is still 45pips (?) but the lotsize has gone crazy :) now thats compounding!

G.

if one can string a bunch of winners on that it's awesome ..however resizing down gone be difficult

Depends on my Battle Plan :) Im im going up to a bigger chart I want extra space, if im still a bit short I'll jam the profit into a smaller charts space and increase the lotsize.

It doesnt take a big run of winners for the numbers to get stupid.

G.

Friday I scalped (Rat traded) for 7 and 8 pips at a time using 45 pips and things got pretty stupid just taking 7/8 pips and injecting that profit and upping the lot size... taking 7 pips again... now thats how I think TRO managed to make a killing on the small trades... Its madness!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

rushN4

Postby rushN4 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:29 pm

Hey guys

I have captured the Space Wars thread in pictures with all important posts.
Maybe someone find it usefull....

http://rapidshare.com/files/454843466/SPACEWARS.rar
Last edited by rushN4 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter where life takes you, you will always check the market and always want to continue being a part of it. It's like that first true love, it will always be there no matter what the distance, no matter whether they are alive or dead.

Brookmyre

Postby Brookmyre » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:22 am

Thanks a lot RushN4...

Started doing this myself and then let it lapse.

Cheers!

edit: This seems to have reached a dl limit. Is it possible to reupload please!
I've learned from my mistakes and I'm sure I can repeat them exactly - Peter Cook

rushN4

Postby rushN4 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:53 pm

Brookmyre wrote:Thanks a lot RushN4...

Cheers!

I updated the link in my last post....but i dont know how long it will work.
here is the tool i used to make the picrures:
http://www.techsmith.com/jing/
No matter where life takes you, you will always check the market and always want to continue being a part of it. It's like that first true love, it will always be there no matter what the distance, no matter whether they are alive or dead.

Brookmyre

Postby Brookmyre » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:04 am

rushN4 wrote:
Brookmyre wrote:Thanks a lot RushN4...

Cheers!

I updated the link in my last post....but i dont know how long it will work.
here is the tool i used to make the picrures:
http://www.techsmith.com/jing/

Cheers mate
I've learned from my mistakes and I'm sure I can repeat them exactly - Peter Cook

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue May 31, 2011 4:04 pm

I find it easier to think in terms of space instead of retracements.

Space is retracements inverted.
Life is just a journey

Belkin

Postby Belkin » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:55 am

Mighty One returns tomorrow.

I hope we can continue this thread!

Belkin

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:01 pm

MO,

How do you handle space management with regards to multiple pairs at the same time?

There are 2, possibly 3 main ideas that I can think of.

1.) You create a weeks worth of space and it is held within a "box". Any currency pair trade you take, it gets taken out of this single large "box". There is some planning involved here, if you guestimate you will be trading 3 different pairs at any given time, then you would use 1/3rd of the space for each trade. Any winning or losing trade is then added to or taken from the single large box containing all space. The problem I run into with this is that depending on how much is going on, the calculations tend to "bump" into each other.

OR

2.) You create a weeks worth of space and that space is then divided into 3 "boxes", (again, this takes some preplanning in knowing how many boxes you will need) each box is then independent from the others. Each "box" is then assigned to ONE currency pair ONLY at a time. So any loss or win on a currency pair is always subtracted or added to the same box. This way the calculations don't "bump" into each other, like they would within a single box.

Thoughts?

The other option which Bredin mentioned is that he only uses all his space on 1 pair at a time. But for me, I like to have a couple "smores" roasting in the "fire" at the same time in case one of them catches on fire and I need to start over :)

:?:
Life is just a journey

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:36 pm

PebbleTrader wrote:MO,

How do you handle space management with regards to multiple pairs at the same time?

There are 2, possibly 3 main ideas that I can think of.

1.) You create a weeks worth of space and it is held within a "box". Any currency pair trade you take, it gets taken out of this single large "box". There is some planning involved here, if you guestimate you will be trading 3 different pairs at any given time, then you would use 1/3rd of the space for each trade. Any winning or losing trade is then added to or taken from the single large box containing all space. The problem I run into with this is that depending on how much is going on, the calculations tend to "bump" into each other.

OR

2.) You create a weeks worth of space and that space is then divided into 3 "boxes", (again, this takes some preplanning in knowing how many boxes you will need) each box is then independent from the others. Each "box" is then assigned to ONE currency pair ONLY at a time. So any loss or win on a currency pair is always subtracted or added to the same box. This way the calculations don't "bump" into each other, like they would within a single box.

Thoughts?

The other option which Bredin mentioned is that he only uses all his space on 1 pair at a time. But for me, I like to have a couple "smores" roasting in the "fire" at the same time in case one of them catches on fire and I need to start over :)

:?:

I have one space for all pairs and a total risk of less than 5% per week.

If I have "too much" space, I add more lots or break some space off for a new pair.

If for a new pair, that pair will have to be at weekly+ extremes pointing in the direction of loss; though on occasion I do take wicks pointing in the direction of profit that a body will close over an IF/THEN.

The greatest opportunity is trading off of a yearly extreme w/ the weekly candles and going after that 1000, 2000, or even 5000 pip range expansion
with large lot sizes.

If you multiply your account by 5 or 25 every year it adds up quick; not as fast as the day traders but they never seem to keep it anyway ;)

forexjake80

Postby forexjake80 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:44 pm

So funny to see how we talk about multiplying accounts as a normal thing. I hope everyone secretly knows we are all nuts :P
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”