A couple of questions

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

orion pax

A couple of questions

Postby orion pax » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:18 pm

So I asked for a crash course in TRO's approach to this stuff and some people very kindly pointed me in the direction of a few threads to read. As I had earlier pointed out, it can all seem a little daunting, as a lot of threads are in thedirection of people who already know about TROs techniques.

My background is in financial spreads using price action. I don't have any technical indicators on my charts, so bear with me if I am a little slow.
So, I'd like clarification on a few things. Here are my assumptions:

TRO has created a number of "plug-ins" for something called Meta Trader 4 which give indicators of a market entry. Meta Trader 4 is something that can be used in conjunction with the trading platforms that are offered by various forex vendors.

My questions:

Which forex vendor is best to register with for a demo account? I won't go in with real money yet, as I don't have the experience in this that I do in financial spreads.

Do they give the option of using Meta Trader 4, or do I need to download that from someone else?

Which are the best TRO indcators to start with and do they come with details on how they work? If not, where can I obtain such info?

Many thanks to those that can answer these. I am very interested in what TRO can offer, as we seem to share a similair philosophy that trading is simpler than "they" would have you believe.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Many brokers offer MT4, you just have to look :)

I just went through ALL of them, from the motherlodes to donational. You just keep the ones that fit your trading style and discard all the rest. In the end, I actually use very few of them. I create templates for when I specifically want to see something but not see it all the time...
Life is just a journey

orion pax

Postby orion pax » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi Pebble,

Thanks for the info. I've had a quick look around, but I am still a little confused. Is it possible to open a demo account that uses MT4?

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:10 pm

You can either use MT4 for charting, trade execution, both, one or the other, or neither (use broker charting and execution software).
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Yes, It doesn't matter if it is funded or not...
Life is just a journey

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:08 pm

Orion,
You can just use MT4 for indicator analysis, and then place your trades through your brokers platform.

Trading through MT4 seemed really awkward for me, so I just stuck with my brokers platform which I love. I use FXCM (their trading platform FXTS2.)

FXCM also has MT4 available, so you can put your indi's on the MT4 and have those prices and candles match what your trading platform says.

I am currently using Alpari's MT4, so my candles are actually different from my trading platform. But I draw my analysis from what I see on MT4 charts.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”