Shin Kaizen.

links and discussion on trading-related learning resources

Moderator: moderators

Shinobi-X

Shin Kaizen.

Postby Shinobi-X » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:32 am

much of the knowledge related to trading can be found throughout kreslik. it might seem too simple that many often ignored and it might also seem too hard that people don't pay attention. the purpose of this thread is to take ideas and really apply them or combine them with your current trading method (if you don't have one you really should do your homework and find one that suit you).

Shin Kaizen.
this is not a trading method. it's merely an idea that you need to constantly improve your trading to a better level or learn new technique(s) to cope with the latest market development.

now for my extended scalp trade i take the simplest methods such like candlestick or western patterns with additional view point such as dragon33's and es/pip's or TRO's rat and then zoom out just like MO said. for example, take my last extended scalp trade...

here is what it looked like (post-trade pic)...

ScreenHunter_03 Feb. 21 00.02 by Shinobi-X, on Flickr

Mind where you are.
the extended scalp - the trade was a regular scalp trade that nearly got SL-ed minutes after entry. the SL was 5 pips. the most important factor is to know where your position sit on the higher TF (in my case i watch H1 and D1). when the H1 bar closed it formed a morning star. the pattern is not the exact same morning star that you'll find in books because you'll see variations and small differences here and there. and what's more is the position was very near the bottom of D1 candle so this also qualifies as green rat entry. when D1 candle closed it also formed a morning star (you can see my post in TygerKrane's Sema Seminar for the D1 candle). the entry for regular scalps can be from any trading method that is tuned for scalping. you just have to be there when the opportunity present itself.

ScreenHunter_04 Feb. 21 00.07 by Shinobi-X, on Flickr

Let your profit run.
this is important. the above trade resulted in 1:39.42 RR for 2% 5p SL :). if your entry is located at such a great position why let the market take it to a greater height? i believe "let your profit run" has been mentioned many times before by MO, Peter Crown of FF and other traders both online and offline.
the regular scalp - this type of trade comes only after "the possible extended scalp". which means that you don't close the lowest active position, only close the second or third and so forth positions for lower RR to protect you from the possibility of the failure of the the first trade (the risk that the first trade will turn out BE). this way you will benefit on both trending market and trendless market. if the market is forming a diagonal channel (trending) you will benefit from gigantic pips from successful extended scalps plus smaller frequent profit from the regular scalps. if the market is forming a horizontal channel (trendless) you will benefit from more frequent profits from the regular scalps. so profit will come regardless of the market condition :). the market SL can vary according to market conditions; some scalps can survive with 2p SL (if the broker offered very low spread) some requires 8 or 10p. RR also vary starting from 1:0.5.

it is important to note that i only use what i outlined above on EUR/USD and Alpari UK as my broker. as with anything else it might work in other pairs using other brokers through modifications. scalping involves tight spread and price feed have a great impact so the strategy might give different result on different pair and different broker.

There are ways to trade the market. if you have trade ideas or questions please feel free to post them here. Great trading method usually comes from a good discussion :)

Have a great trading week!
The gap between reality and dream is called action.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Thanks alot!

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Shinobi-X,[font=Comic Sans MS]
This thanks is lo~~~ng overdue.[/font]

Your post back in early Nov 2010 in the Sema-Seminar was a great help to me in learning 'to see' what the sema's where 'indicating'.

Additionally, I've taken your other post to heart and watching the dynamics of how consolidations are respected or broken through on even the M1 chart and it has been a GREAT GUIDE as far as developing some intuition (and therefore, CONFIDENCE) in the process of watching order creation & destruction and the psychology it represents. :idea:

Thanks Again! :smt071
~Krane

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Shinobi-X

Re: Thanks alot!

Postby Shinobi-X » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:33 am

TygerKrane wrote:Shinobi-X,[font=Comic Sans MS]
This thanks is lo~~~ng overdue.[/font]

Your post back in early Nov 2010 in the Sema-Seminar was a great help to me in learning 'to see' what the sema's where 'indicating'.

Additionally, I've taken your other post to heart and watching the dynamics of how consolidations are respected or broken through on even the M1 chart and it has been a GREAT GUIDE as far as developing some intuition (and therefore, CONFIDENCE) in the process of watching order creation & destruction and the psychology it represents. :idea:

Thanks Again! :smt071
~Krane

glad if my post(s) can be of any help :)
i hope they can be useful for traders here too.

just drop by to show my new toy...

i don't know how TRO came up with this or how he got the idea but this simple indicator is something useful. the name of the indi is called TRO_OPENS. in a way this can be used as custom candle. instead of seeing the body of the candle you see the "content" of the custom candle. and if you're wondering about how to see the body just go back to candlestick construction where the open of the current candle = the closing of the latest candle so if the current open is higher than the last open then it means the custom candle closed green. it's also useful because you can see the opening price "ladder".

ScreenHunter_74 Mar. 01 10.09 by Shinobi-X, on Flickr

the only thing lacking from this indi is the lack of customization. for example instead of putting M1, M5 to MN probably TRO should offer choices regarding which TF (calculated in minutes) we would like to show on the chart. that way we could have 9 customizable TFs using one indi. also it would be great to have the ability to shift those TF.

i hope TRO would consider this :)

Shinobi-X

Another Perfect entry but SUCKY result...

Postby Shinobi-X » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:46 pm

Hey guys, i haven't been posting anything recently. it's due to the fact that i'm focusing on something else not related to trading.

during the week just ended there have been several trades on my end. they don't meet the target i set. disappointing... every trader experienced this. i visited es/pip's thread a few days ago and read that he was frustrated because of the market while i was also banging my head because of my trades LOL

so i decided to post some charts with a lil' bit more drawing (because i have free time now). for the most part i put the explanation on the chart so i guess i don't need to write anything else...

ScreenHunter_10 Mar. 12 12.52 by Shinobi-X, on Flickr

ScreenHunter_11 Mar. 12 12.53 by Shinobi-X, on Flickr

ScreenHunter_17 Mar. 12 12.56 by Shinobi-X, on Flickr

ScreenHunter_13 Mar. 12 12.54 by Shinobi-X, on Flickr

another post-trade scene...

ScreenHunter_18 Mar. 12 13.04 by Shinobi-X, on Flickr

ScreenHunter_19 Mar. 12 13.04 by Shinobi-X, on Flickr

ScreenHunter_20 Mar. 12 13.05 by Shinobi-X, on Flickr

ScreenHunter_21 Mar. 12 13.05 by Shinobi-X, on Flickr

i recently browse the internet and found a trading method called Kaizen. well...i am not in any way affiliate with that trader. Shinobi-X is kreslik-exclusive and Shin Kaizen is born out of kreslik and i have no commercial interest here.

Shin Kaizen is not a trading method. it is merely an idea to show the possibility of combining a trading method with some of the greatest advices regarding trading.

i almost forgot... all of those trades used the same trading set: 2% 5p SL.

Have a great weekend! :)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “learning resources”