Newbie - Waiting on the "Duh" moment

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

1steve1

Newbie - Waiting on the "Duh" moment

Postby 1steve1 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:00 pm

I have been reading / learning about forex for about 4 months now and I am still not consistently winning my demo trades. I studied Option for 2 or 3 years. I guess i would say, I am still waiting on the 'Duh" moment where all of this clicks.

I have been reading a lot on this forum and reading a lot of TRO's Never lose again threads (thanks TRO). I have been doing best with the strategy on waiting for 3 or more 1 Hr candles in the same direction and then trading the reversal based on 1 closing candle on the 5 minute chart. My TP is to take what I can and the SL is usually 20 pips. I am trying to look at just price action and checking out TRO's indicators (I donated, also) but I don't have it figured out yet. I can pick up a few pips here and there, but then one reaches my stop and wipes out a days worth of gains. I am trading the evening session (I have a day job as a computer administrator / programmer in the midwest).

How long did it take other people for everything to finally click and you made money consistently (6 or 7 out of 10)? Any input would be appreciated. I am looking to improve my win ratio and be a consistent trader.

Thanks,

Steve

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Cmoss

Postby Cmoss » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Go Steve! Im in a similar boat with some serious waves while waiting for my duh moment. the 0-70k thread is pretty interesting to read for a newb if you can look past all the opposing opinions.

Return to “beginners forum”