Implementing The Buy Zone in the Public Eye

trading strategies and money management discussion, code, results

Moderator: moderators

kiwiautotrader

Implementing The Buy Zone in the Public Eye

Postby kiwiautotrader » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:09 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Aj, and although i have only just signed up on Kreslik, let me assure you that i am a long time listener, first time caller!

I have taken a break from trading for the past few months, i found myself chasing my tail a little and things were getting very complicated and taking up much more of my time than i could afford to spend.

I have since come back..ready to learn, with a fresh perspective and would like to focus on a couple of TheRumpledOnes strats (with no 'improvements' of my own :).

Its time to look, listen and learn from other.

Whilst TheRumpledOne initially has suggested I look at the DrainTheBanks strat, I have decided to start simply with the BuyZone for Forex strat and maybe graduate to the DTB, all going well.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

kiwiautotrader

Purpose

Postby kiwiautotrader » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:12 am

The purpose of this thread is to simply implement TROs buyzone strat...in the public eye.

As I mentioned, I will be implementing the strat purely as prescribed by TRO. The one key difference is it will be traded automatically.

Whilst this may be undesirable to some, due to my work commitments, time zone e.t.c autotrading is the only way I have a chance at making this work.

So, please, if your interested - please feel free to tag along for the ride!

kiwiautotrader

Postby kiwiautotrader » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:15 am

Over the next day or so, i will write an autotrader in Neoticker and get the strat up and running.

I will report my daily results of the autotrading directly to this thread.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who is actively using this strategy and to hear their experiences with it.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings :)

Aj

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:20 pm

What do you mean in the "public eye"?

Are you consistently profitable trading the buy zone manually?

I would achieve success trading it manually before attempting autocode...

Best of luck
Life is just a journey

kiwiautotrader

Postby kiwiautotrader » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Hi Pebble Trader,

Sorry, I was being a little tongue in cheek re "public eye". What I should have said is I will implement it transparently on this forum so everyone else gets to see the good, the bad and the ugly.

No, I am not consistentyl profitable trading the zone,

Further to that, after a further discussion with TheRumpledOne I have decided to code the Drian The Banks strategy straight off the bat.

The reason I will autotrade it is purely to do with time constraints and lack of flexibility in other areas of my life / work e.t.c I am a firefighter and really struggle with the shiftwork to find a suitable time to trade consistently.

Also, TheRumpledOne is constanstly telling us to purely trade by the rules....my auttotrader will do that. Thanks for the advice though.

Hey is all about having an experiment, a journey. I am doing obviously because i would love to successfully trade for a living....but i am also doing it just because I can. Nothing ventured , nothing gained.

Cheers,

Aj

pika

Postby pika » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:57 am

kiwiautotrader wrote:Hi Pebble Trader,

Sorry, I was being a little tongue in cheek re "public eye". What I should have said is I will implement it transparently on this forum so everyone else gets to see the good, the bad and the ugly.

No, I am not consistentyl profitable trading the zone,

Further to that, after a further discussion with TheRumpledOne I have decided to code the Drian The Banks strategy straight off the bat.

The reason I will autotrade it is purely to do with time constraints and lack of flexibility in other areas of my life / work e.t.c I am a firefighter and really struggle with the shiftwork to find a suitable time to trade consistently.

Also, TheRumpledOne is constanstly telling us to purely trade by the rules....my auttotrader will do that. Thanks for the advice though.

Hey is all about having an experiment, a journey. I am doing obviously because i would love to successfully trade for a living....but i am also doing it just because I can. Nothing ventured , nothing gained.

Cheers,

Aj

I appreciate your idea and effort. This approach will provide more insights to the rat method and may answer some of the commonly asked questions such as how long should we wait before there is enough gap between the high and low to take a trade, what time of the day are the high and low most likely to occur, what kind of bar patterns are the high probability win trades, is there a case for switching from green to red rat, etc. We all want to drain the banks!

kiwiautotrader

Postby kiwiautotrader » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:40 am

Thanks for your coments, pika.

I will be trading the system EXACTLY as specified in the RumpledOnes posts. I will post up those rules again (as if we dont all know them!) shortly.

kiwiautotrader

Postby kiwiautotrader » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:45 am

PROGRESS Update :

I have purchased a brand new laptop to use as a dedicated machine trading this strategy.

I have opened a MT account - this is a change from my IB account.

I have also setup metatrader with TRO's DTB template (so that I can use that as a direct correlation to make sure my autotrader is behaving exactly as iit has been prescribed. This will enure when I am discussing trades with others we are comparing apples with apples.

I have nearly finished coding the autotrader. I am currently working on a set of exit rules.

After listening to a radio interview with TRO, i am creating my exit rules in a 'play book' fashion depending on what happens to the price as the trade progresses.

kiwiautotrader

Postby kiwiautotrader » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:46 am

For now though...I have been spending too much time with myself.

Best I go to the gym and sweat enough to get back into the real world...........

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:28 am

Hey kiwi,

what are you coding in? MT4? or C++? or ....

Return to “strategy trading & money management”