2009.09.10 DRAIN THE BANKS - LIKE A RAT

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

skivers

Postby skivers » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:21 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:Image

The first 2 green rat reversals were losing entries.

Do you see a reason not to enter those trades?

Hints: There are at least 2 reasons. Use your eyes to see - do not think about it.

Well, in spite of TRO saying "if the rules do not mention it , it is of no concern".

He also posted this :)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

ajaymein

Postby ajaymein » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:25 pm

Maybe a rule #8 that says DO NOT THINK, USE YOUR EYES would help

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:34 pm

A sixth sense do NOT necessarily make you a YALE Student.

Let's clear things up:

1) To trade like a RAT is to ALWAYS trade in ONE DIRECTION - either LONG or SHORT. Once you pick a "team", you can't switch.

2) The "within 20 pips of the daily high/low" is the BEST possible entry to get the maximum run.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:35 pm

ajaymein wrote:Maybe a rule #8 that says DO NOT THINK, USE YOUR EYES would help

Haven't I said that enough already? LOL!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Even if you don't have a 6th sense you can always fall back on simple observation:

Trade 1: I'm surprised this was even a valid trade. Momentum went immediately against you. Even if you didn't have a spidy sense you could have exited after a couple of minutes when price never went 1 pip in your favor. Loss = bid/ask spread (maybe 3 pips with slippage)

Trade 2: After a large green candle the trade entry candle barely closes above its open. Can we say lack of momentum? Exit at scratch

Trade 3: Honestly this trade was barely better than the first two. Once we start losing momentum I would be out by the middle of that 2nd red candle for probably -4. I would then have re-entered as bears fail to push us to new lows (if they can't go one way they have to go the other). Probably re-enter at the same price in the 1st third of that large green candle. Take my 10-15 pips and get out of dodge.

My largest loser is no more than 5 pips and I made 3-6 pips. Not bad considering there were a lot of fakeouts going on in that move.

Obviously not "pure" rat trading - but that's just how I would have taken the trades (and did take very similar trades on the Eur/Usd)
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

pika

Postby pika » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:16 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:A sixth sense do NOT necessarily make you a YALE Student.

Let's clear things up:

1) To trade like a RAT is to ALWAYS trade in ONE DIRECTION - either LONG or SHORT. Once you pick a "team", you can't switch.

2) The "within 20 pips of the daily high/low" is the BEST possible entry to get the maximum run.

Hi TRO,
On point (1), do you mean always trade in one direction for ALL pairs? Can I choose to be always green for some pairs and always red for others, and I won't switch the colour of each pair after I have decided on their colours? You will probably quote the experiment where the rat beat Yale students by committng to one direction, but I still cannot fully understand this.

skivers

Postby skivers » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:29 pm

pika wrote:

Let's clear things up:

Hi TRO,
On point (1), do you mean always trade in one direction for ALL pairs? Can I choose to be always green for some pairs and always red for others, and I won't switch the colour of each pair after I have decided on their colours? You will probably quote the experiment where the rat beat Yale students by committng to one direction, but I still cannot fully understand this.

Here's my take on it.

The market is random - It can go up - It can go down.

If you choose to go long AND short - YOU are being random.

Or you can choose to be consistent and trade ONE DIRECTION.

Now you have a true 50/50 chance of being right - All you need now is a little edge to tip that balance.

ajaymein

Postby ajaymein » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:30 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
ajaymein wrote:Maybe a rule #8 that says DO NOT THINK, USE YOUR EYES would help

Haven't I said that enough already? LOL!!

Lol its been engrained in my head!!! It goes in most newbies ears and out the other cause a lot of them don't TRULY know what it means to SEE/OBSERVE vs. THINK/INTERPRET. :lol:

pika

Postby pika » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:23 am

skivers wrote:
pika wrote:

Let's clear things up:

Hi TRO,

Here's my take on it.

Now you have a true 50/50 chance of being right - All you need now is a little edge to tip that balance.

Hi skivers,
Thank you for your response. I can fully understand the point you are making. This is where I do not differ from the point that once a colour has been selected, I do not switch it. The question I am asking is whether I can choose different colours for different pairs and stick to them. The rules do not mention this, so does it mean this approach is of no concern and I can do it without compromising the edge?

ajaymein

Postby ajaymein » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:40 am

Hey pika...why don't you try multiple colors for different pairs for a week and see how you do. That will give you a true answer that you will actually experience.
pika wrote:
skivers wrote:
pika wrote:

Let's clear things up:

Hi TRO,

Here's my take on it.

Hi skivers,
Thank you for your response. I can fully understand the point you are making. This is where I do not differ from the point that once a colour has been selected, I do not switch it. The question I am asking is whether I can choose different colours for different pairs and stick to them. The rules do not mention this, so does it mean this approach is of no concern and I can do it without compromising the edge?

Return to “TheRumpledOne”