Buy Sell Zone on the Russell

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

eudamonia

Buy Sell Zone on the Russell

Postby eudamonia » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:51 pm

I've had a request from a couple of people to show my setup for the Buy Sell Zone on the Russell. The settings I use are .5, 1, 1 for the BuyZone, BuyZoneHI, BuyZoneLO inputs.

Today was a very straight forward day and you could have easily bagged +1.5 points. I'm looking to enter the zone for a buy zone trade this morning at 776.2 and exit at 776.7 (five ticks or $50/con). On the sell zone I'm looking for an entry at 775.2 and exit at 774.7. If things go wrong I look to exit at 6 ticks (5 tick stop market order).

So here is my expectancy with a with an 80% win ratio:

5 ticks * 8 trades (40 ticks) less 6 ticks * 2 trades (12 ticks) = Net 28 ticks or about 2.8 ticks per trade.

With an average of about 3 trades per day I can expect to net about +8.4 ticks per day or about $80 per day per contract. Trade this with 5 contracts and you're looking at $400 per day. Easy.

So you might be wondering where I'm getting my "statistics". Simple, this has been my observation so far. It isn't statistically significant (yet) with a mere 15 trades (need at least a minimum of 30 to be significant). So if you decide to use this - use your head first and paper trade it!

BTW, this is certainly not the only way or even the best way, it's simply one way of looking at the Buy/Sell zone on the ER2. I haven't even bothered to use Avery's statistics in Radar. So if you think your way is better, then please post it and let me know. Thanks.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Patch

Postby Patch » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:21 pm

eudamonia

Congratulations on having a great week, great profitable week trading. Would you make a screen shot each day and write in notes about what happened when.

Thanks
Patch the Pirate
in VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

bh_trade

Postby bh_trade » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:52 pm

Edward:

Thanks for that post. Know you are a Phil McGrew fan, I worked with Phil out East when he was a real-time power trader - great guy.

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:51 pm

Jeff,

I already post one of my Russell setups at my blog everyday (and I shared how I use this setup at the pirate meeting), so sorry but I have to decline on this one. How about you post a setup of how you would trade the Buy/Sell zone Russell? I strongly encourage to do your own setups and homework. After all my trading successes and failures won't help you become a better trader unless you do your own homework and your own trading!

bh_trade,

I'm glad you liked the post.

Everyone else,

I still would like to hear from you about how YOU would trade the Buy/Sell zone on the Russell (or anything else for that matter).

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

Patch

Postby Patch » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:14 pm

Hi Edward

No problem.

May I ask where to find your blog?

Thanks,

Patch the Pirate
In VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:19 pm

Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

hans-ulrich.rudel

Postby hans-ulrich.rudel » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:59 pm

Hm... TradeStation charts.....

Patch

Postby Patch » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:22 am

Hi Hans-U.R
Welcome to Kreslik, the single best trading forum I've ever found on the net.
Patch

Hi Eudamonia

I am wondering what futures broker you use and like the most?

Thanks,

Patch the Pirate
VA, USA

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:27 pm

I use MBtrading and have been very happy with them. They are a sister company to EFX.

hans-ulrich.rudel

Postby hans-ulrich.rudel » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:12 pm

Patch wrote:Hi Hans-U.R
Welcome to Kreslik, the single best trading forum I've ever found on the net.
Patch
<SNIP>

Yes this site is good. But I like www.traderslaboratory.com better.
You should visit it esp. if you are a tradestation user.

Hope I don't get banned for this :D

Return to “TheRumpledOne”