Data Source

data feeds & order interfaces discussion

Moderator: moderators

BC

Data Source

Postby BC » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:38 pm

I see quite a few questions about data feeds for neoticker. I'm still thinking about trying it but cannot seem to find a good reason, not being a programmer it would be another roadblock for me.

If Neoticker is able to take ASCII data then here is a good source
The file is too large to be posted here, so it is on a filesharring server

http://www.mediafire.com/?00o4nyyzzzi
enjoy

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TomKeough

Postby TomKeough » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:32 pm

Thanks BC,
I use NeoTicker and ASCII imports are possible. Will check out your data source after work.
Thanks,
Tom
"We either make ourselves miserable,
or we make ourselves strong.
The amount of work is the same."
- Carlos Castaneda

Patch

Postby Patch » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:47 pm

BC

One thing I love about NTic is that you can playback the day or you pick the time frame, tick by tick, and you pick the playback speed also. This is not back testing, but show what really would have happened.

When I was a newbie, I was show blown away and impressed with TS and their back testing, until I started trading and found out the expensive way, how live trading has nothing to do with static, finished bar analysis, which is what backtesting is all about.

Neo Ticker is awesome, though I would say it is not for everyone, it is for serious traders who are here to stay and going to stay around until they find out how to trade profitably.

Also, check out www.paltalk.com (the free version) and look up " Two Percent Club ". It is type and audio with Avery et al

Jeff in VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

BC

Postby BC » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:51 am

Your welcome Tom, you will need to give out your email address as you register, and they will send a registration # which you will copy and paste into the program. After that you will have free data, (and charts) with news(in Russian) also you will not have to go to any web site to see upcomming news events, you will have them updated in the program (English)

Jeff I looked at the rooms in Paltalk but did not see the two percent club, is it under Business and Finance?
Yes I agree on the backtesing as it is a waste of time I started trading almost 8 years ago, now adays it is a confirmation of my entry and a flip of the coin.

I've downloaded the Neoticker demo 2 times not but have not installed it, when I look at what was involved int the few indicators on this forum that was programmed for it, I feel the programming language is way beyond me.

Bob

Patch

Two percent club and yahoo TheRumpledOne

Postby Patch » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:23 am

BC

I am about to sign off my computer for the evening. I will be back at 5am EST on PalTalk. When you sign on, I think there was a search line somewhere, and enter " two percent club " (ie cut and paste) and I think this took me to the right TRO talking group. It may have been under business and or finance, as I also logged on and saved url to TRO on yahoo today. Be sure to save each on your bookmarked favorites.

TTFN
Patch the Pirate
Jeff in VA

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “NeoTicker data feeds & order interfaces”