Opened Tradestation 8.2 & all indicators,etc deleted ?!?

Moderator: moderators

Patch

Opened Tradestation 8.2 & all indicators,etc deleted ?!?

Postby Patch » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:24 pm

My computer just hung up with TS 8.2 open. I turned off the CPU and back on and opened TS. The event log window came up and showed each indicators, show me etc being deleted. The insert analysis technique window is empty of indicators, show me's, paintbars, etc. Does anyone know why this happened and if there is a backup of the file storing the uploaded indicators, etc?

We have ice and snow in DC area today and I was planning on a whole day of Forex study.

Thanks
Jeff in VA

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

rrobin

Postby rrobin » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:14 pm

Go to Kreslik Home page
Bottom left motherlodes
downlode into TS

BC

3rd party data

Postby BC » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:22 am

Flash do you have any clue as how to get an exchange listed into TS 8.2?
I created the custom exchange.txt and put it in the cal directory, bu TS will not show anything in the exchange box
Attachments
TS8.jpg
TS8.jpg (133.63 KiB) Viewed 8748 times

Patch

Postby Patch » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:07 am

Hey BC

Welcome Kreslik.

I see you are from Tucson, you will have to be in charge of the tourist part of our next Pirate's gathering, sorry you missed the one we just had. I love AZ and want to come back for another Gathering of Pirates at Pirate Cove really soon.

I've never done anything with listing exchanges. Check the help files in TS and see what that has to say. One of the TS ringers that's here will likely know. In the mean time, maybe do it right now, send off an email to TS support and see how responsive they are.

Jeff in VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Patch

Postby Patch » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:09 am

BC

PS very important. After you get you indicators, etc loaded, be sure and back up all your stuff using the TS backup option, and I suggest setting it to weekly automatic after you do your first backup.

Jeff in VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

BC

Postby BC » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:47 pm

Thanks Jeff, I've been using TS 2000i, just thought I would give version 8 a try

Patch

Postby Patch » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:20 pm

BC

So you are familiar with TS then. 8.2 is a lot like 2000i. Though I don't think ELDs work with i. How long have you been trading? Are you trading profitably? How did you find this forum?

After talking with Michal K at the Pirates rampage last weekend, I fell in love with AZ when the scorpions are sleeping, I've decided to move over to Neo Ticker and I would like to become a sales rep with them also in the US. Check out EFXGroup http://www.efxgroup.com/ and consider moving you forex brokerage to them. They are in Scottsdale and have 2 and sometimes one pip spreads on the pound. If you do move over, tell Phil or Ryan to give you a tshirt.

The pound had a nice move that started at 5am est this morning for the early bird Pirates.

Jeff in VA

Jeff in VA

BC

ts 8.2

Postby BC » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:46 pm

Yes I posted a photo of the GBP in another thread. I've been thinking about neoticker for sometime now, but as for efx, I'm not sure about them. Did you know the guy has several web sites? Some are linked to EFX, some to other brokerages.

BC

ts 8.2

Postby BC » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:47 pm

Yes I posted a photo of the GBP in another thread. I've been thinking about neoticker for sometime now, but as for efx, I'm not sure about them. Did you know the guy has several web sites? Some are linked to EFX, some to other brokerages.

BC

TS8.2

Postby BC » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:50 pm

I forgot the latest photo, this is in Metatrader the indicator has been working well
Attachments
gbp2.png
gbp2.png (31.06 KiB) Viewed 8714 times

Return to “Tradestation”