Converting from TS to NeoTicker and EFX group

platform related discussion

Moderator: moderators

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:04 am

michal.kreslik wrote:actually I am working on presenting a sample C# code for Neo here that not only controls a simple indicator that's displayed on the chart, but also has its own control panel window which communicates with NeoTicker back and forth realtime. This really works cool.

There are myriads of methods and properties exposed in the NeoTicker interop library for the programmer to work with. Essentially, if you can do it in NeoTicker some way, you can do that from within your indicator, too! Forget the frugal EasyLanguage!

I hope it will be ready to post here this week.

I won't make it this week since today I'm going abroad. Will be back next week Tuesday and will post the example as soon as it's ready. It's no good posting unfinished work.

Michal

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aspTrader

Postby aspTrader » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:14 pm

JPT wrote:I have followed your conversion from TS to NT. I seem to remember that you live somewhere in the Bay Area. Am I correct or am I confusing you with someone else. If so, then maybe we can get together face to face, of course after I try to bust my pick myself, and grow together. I really like the capabilities of NT but change is difficult at best.

Hi JPT,

I do live in the San Francisco Bay Area in Walnut Creek. PM your email address.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:15 am

A simple tool to convert / modify data from the above mentioned Tradestation tick exporter for NeoTicker:

Executables and C# source code attached below.

Michal
Attachments
TickDataConvertor.zip
(323.79 KiB) Downloaded 229 times

Oli

Postby Oli » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:40 pm

Michal said:

"actually I am working on presenting a sample C# code for Neo here that not only controls a simple indicator that's displayed on the chart, but also has its own control panel window which communicates with NeoTicker back and forth realtime. This really works cool.

There are myriads of methods and properties exposed in the NeoTicker interop library for the programmer to work with. Essentially, if you can do it in NeoTicker some way, you can do that from within your indicator, too! Forget the frugal EasyLanguage!"

I would like to see the C# code for this....

right now I am very confused with NeoTicker - but it will pass... I am having troubles understanding the way in which C# code runs in NeoTicker and I need to understand this.

EG: in eSignal there is a EFS2 code library written in JavaScript. All custom EFS2 scripts are INTERPRETED (as opposed to compiled) and attached individually to chart windows which provides them their context. The EFS library is great, giving really simple functions (methods) like:
close()
high()
sma()
etc....

Can someone who knows translate this architecture overview into NeoTicker + C# for me? It would really help my head out. What would be better than anything is C# code that shows clearly the methods communicating with and manipulating incoming data and the NT libraries...

Peace,
Oli

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:45 pm

Oli wrote:Michal said:

"actually I am working on presenting a sample C# code for Neo here that not only controls a simple indicator that's displayed on the chart, but also has its own control panel window which communicates with NeoTicker back and forth realtime. This really works cool.

There are myriads of methods and properties exposed in the NeoTicker interop library for the programmer to work with. Essentially, if you can do it in NeoTicker some way, you can do that from within your indicator, too! Forget the frugal EasyLanguage!"

I would like to see the C# code for this....

right now I am very confused with NeoTicker - but it will pass... I am having troubles understanding the way in which C# code runs in NeoTicker and I need to understand this.

EG: in eSignal there is a EFS2 code library written in JavaScript. All custom EFS2 scripts are INTERPRETED (as opposed to compiled) and attached individually to chart windows which provides them their context. The EFS library is great, giving really simple functions (methods) like:
close()
high()
sma()
etc....

Can someone who knows translate this architecture overview into NeoTicker + C# for me? It would really help my head out. What would be better than anything is C# code that shows clearly the methods communicating with and manipulating incoming data and the NT libraries...

Peace,
Oli

Oli,

have a look at my FPI framework code published in the "FPI" thread here at kreslik.com. It does all sort of gymnastics with NeoTicker object library, chart data processing etc.

Michal

Patch

Postby Patch » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:17 am

Michal

Do you know where I can download the EFX Group tick data? I could not find a link on their website this afternoon. I am interested in running statistics on crosses of TRO's favorite horizontal lines, 00, 25, 50 and 75.

Jeff in VA
It was good to be in AZ
& it is good to be home
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:29 am

flash9911 wrote:Michal

Do you know where I can download the EFX Group tick data? I could not find a link on their website this afternoon. I am interested in running statistics on crosses of TRO's favorite horizontal lines, 00, 25, 50 and 75.

Jeff in VA
It was good to be in AZ
& it is good to be home

Jeff,

historical EFX tick data is not available. In the kreslik.com discussion, Jon Floyd said that they will offer such data for their clients in the future:

michal.kreslik wrote:7. do you provide any tick history for the major FX pairs? The trouble with the third party history data is that it often doesn't match the broker's data and thus the strategies don't work precisely the same

jon.floyd wrote:In the coming weeks we will be providing complete tick history on all major FX pairs. Data will be our data and thus will match and solve any issues of precision.

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=629#629

Go ahead and ask Jon Floyd when that data will be available.

Michal

Return to “NeoTicker platform”