Signal Bender

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

SmokyByers

Postby SmokyByers » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:44 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:Smoke... I am in Tucson... we should talk.

By all means. Coming up any time soon? Shoot me a PM.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

gfg1

Postby gfg1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:49 pm

Smoke, are you by chance exporting MT4 data to an excel spreadsheet? If so, mind telling how you are doing that? TIA

SmokyByers wrote:I suggest adding real-time TAC. Instead of using the current high or low in the equation, you use the close. So, long RT TAC becomes Current Close - Previous Low and short becomes previous high - current close. Then compare this to the regular TAC. I do it again as a percentage. So, if you see a spike in the TAC histogram and the RT is a smaller percentage of the TAC. This tells you the you have the spike and at some point it is going to reverse, then if RT is 80% or less of TAC, then it's a good time to enter. This is equivalent to seeing a reversal indicator and then waiting for a pin bar. When you break this stuff down, it really is just 'quantitative candlesticking'.

This makes things more compex by adding more indicators, but makes it easier to define rules in the long run. This is a pretty complex system and we only have the basics. Once again, I can see why Bender gave up on trying to code this in MT4.

I hope this all makes sense.
Price closed over a line that you believed to be support and that is the first indication that something is WRONG-MO

SmokyByers

Postby SmokyByers » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:37 pm

gfg1 wrote:Smoke, are you by chance exporting MT4 data to an excel spreadsheet? If so, mind telling how you are doing that? TIA

Yes, or I used to. I'm moving away from Excel more and more. I have an EA that exports data to .csv files, and then a VBA routine in Excel to convert and parse the data. I didn't write any of it. It was developed as a group effort with some guys I was working with a little while back. We didn't sign any NDA's but still I wouldn't feel right giving it all away, but I can probably give you some clues on how to do it yourself, if you want.

I'll find it so I can remember exactly how it all works.

forexbob

Postby forexbob » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:51 pm

SmokyByers wrote:
gfg1 wrote:Smoke, are you by chance exporting MT4 data to an excel spreadsheet? If so, mind telling how you are doing that? TIA

Yes, or I used to. I'm moving away from Excel more and more. I have an EA that exports data to .csv files, and then a VBA routine in Excel to convert and parse the data. I didn't write any of it. It was developed as a group effort with some guys I was working with a little while back. We didn't sign any NDA's but still I wouldn't feel right giving it all away, but I can probably give you some clues on how to do it yourself, if you want.

maybe its the same group, but i think people around trader101 and their basket trading method did also something like that. there is thread at forexfactory. maybe there is also info on how to do it.
The highest Forex rebates: http://www.cashbackforex.info

SmokyByers

Postby SmokyByers » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:08 pm

forexbob wrote:maybe its the same group, but i think people around trader101 and their basket trading method did also something like that. there is thread at forexfactory. maybe there is also info on how to do it.

Different group, but good info.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:48 pm

Jalarupa wrote:TRO, what u think? I foresee banks being drained... :shock:

Yes, with proper application of RAT TRADING. Otherwise, the Yale Students will just make a mess of this.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

gfg1

Postby gfg1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:33 pm

Smoke, much appreciated when you find it. TY
SmokyByers wrote:

Price closed over a line that you believed to be support and that is the first indication that something is WRONG-MO

newschool

Postby newschool » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:34 pm

SmokyByers wrote:

Cool, that would be great for this project. Were you using DLLs?

gfg1

Postby gfg1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:03 pm

OK, think got it partially figured out. Go to forexfactory dot com and search for a thread named Export to Excel. On page 2 go to post 29, hanover has a indi called exporthistory. Add it to your expert indicators folder.

I used 5 min GU for this example. Open a 5 GU min chart and attach the indi. I use excel 2003 and XP, so it may differ for you. Every 5 minutes, the indi exports the Open, high, close etc. to
C:\Program Files\FXDD - MetaTrader 4\experts\files

For it to work, this file needs not to be opened.

I created what I think interprets Smokes RT TAC/TAC for short and long in an excel spreadsheet, which is attached. It fills the cells with data from the CSV file.

The only drawback, is that to propagate the tac sac spreadsheet, you need to open the GBPUSD,M5 file every 5 minutes.

There is probably a much easier way to do this, which at this point escapes me. Maybe Smoke can look at this and add his input.

gfg1 wrote:Smoke, much appreciated when you find it. TY
SmokyByers wrote:

Attachments
tac sac.xls
(30 KiB) Downloaded 222 times

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:59 pm

"Price closed over a line that you believed to be support and that is the first indication that something is WRONG-MO "

Shouldn't that be"Price closed BELOW a line that you believed to be support..."?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”