Blind Mouse Strategy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

flinux

Postby flinux » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:44 am

EUR/JPY - OPPORTUNITY
So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:13

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

flinux

Postby flinux » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:25 pm

EUR/JPY - RESULT !!!
So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:13

flinux

Postby flinux » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:31 pm

Actually the best result could be obtained using the sell signal came out yesterday.

newark18

Postby newark18 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:30 am

Hello all, what's up?

Well, I'll tell you what. I feel like my being successful is so close yet so far. I really haven't figured out the problem yet. Maybe I have to stick to one strategy at first and see how that plays out. I've been trying different methods (entry at daily+ extreme, blind mouse at reversal, continuation of price after prices crosses an S&R line, longer term versus short term holds, and etc). And I am getting really mixed results.

I moved my leverage down and increased my SL. I got 350 pips in my best stretch yet. I was focusing on the S&R lines on D3 CCs and playing them as continuations or reversals based on where price closes. I used the next S&R line as my potential exit. And I waited to see how price reacted to the next S&R line before I exited. So I was pumped but didn't know whether the success was due to decreased leverage or different trading method.

Then I start trading today. I didn't see many opportunities (although I noticed I missed some in hindsight). I decided to try entering off daily+ extremes but got run over a bunch of times. I definitely had less conviction today for some reason. I made some trades that I closed too early only to see it go in my direction. I think getting run over those few times got me scared.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent. I know that I will figure this out sooner or later. I am just frustrated. I am also finding trading to be a lot more stressful than I thought it was. I know, I know...wah wah, yes, please give me some cheese with my whine. But I smoked and I tend to have diarrhea of the mouth when I am high. (I didn't know how to spell diarrhea and it took me 10 mins to type that word into this message after looking it up. The word still looks like it is spelled wrong). So give me a break.

Later!
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:56 am

newark18 wrote:Hello all, what's up?

Well, I'll tell you what. I feel like my being successful is so close yet so far. I really haven't figured out the problem yet. Maybe I have to stick to one strategy at first and see how that plays out. I've been trying different methods (entry at daily+ extreme, blind mouse at reversal, continuation of price after prices crosses an S&R line, longer term versus short term holds, and etc). And I am getting really mixed results.

I moved my leverage down and increased my SL. I got 350 pips in my best stretch yet. I was focusing on the S&R lines on D3 CCs and playing them as continuations or reversals based on where price closes. I used the next S&R line as my potential exit. And I waited to see how price reacted to the next S&R line before I exited. So I was pumped but didn't know whether the success was due to decreased leverage or different trading method.

Then I start trading today. I didn't see many opportunities (although I noticed I missed some in hindsight). I decided to try entering off daily+ extremes but got run over a bunch of times. I definitely had less conviction today for some reason. I made some trades that I closed too early only to see it go in my direction. I think getting run over those few times got me scared.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent. I know that I will figure this out sooner or later. I am just frustrated. I am also finding trading to be a lot more stressful than I thought it was. I know, I know...wah wah, yes, please give me some cheese with my whine. But I smoked and I tend to have diarrhea of the mouth when I am high. (I didn't know how to spell diarrhea and it took me 10 mins to type that word into this message after looking it up. The word still looks like it is spelled wrong). So give me a break.

Later!

This is good, you've reached the point that every successful trader has to go through. The journey is the best part. None of us will ever arrive. If there wasn't always something to contend with, to grow in/towards, the journey would be over and we all know what that means. Cheers,
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:02 am

flinux wrote:Image

EUR/JPY - RESULT !!!

Very nice and well done Flinux :shock: :wink:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:39 am

newark18 wrote:Hello all, what's up?

Later!

In the Google search tab type "define:wordhere" or "define wordhere" &, if it is wrong, it will say "did you mean _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _?"

It would help you if you asked yourself what I would see and do:

What is the smallest chart MO would be looking at?
:arrow: The 8H daily CC

Oh, so the Wick Doll is the daily+ extreme that MO is talking about.

What if I missed the daily MOMO or daily close over a line?
Looking...looking...errmm...oh, I would trade the daily extreme that is in the direction of loss based on some previous PA (daily close over a line?).

Remember:

Large stops do not help your trading, they simply make recovering from a loss a daunting task.

A large stop with a small position size, say 1/4, is still a small stop if you are going to be adding the other 3/4 later.

Successful trading is not achieved through skillful trading so much as it is achieved through skillful waiting.

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:34 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
pablo101 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:Image

[s]Hi MO, is you AVRG calculation the halfway mark of that orange CC?[/s]

EDIT: NVM, I got it :([hr]

TELL ME!!! PLEASE!!!

The way I understand it is the BO from a point, then retrace and you take a trade from the average of those two areas/levels. ESPIP discussed it around page 10 I think.

flinux

Postby flinux » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:30 am

GBP/JPY OPPORTUNITY
(Unfortunately I have not had time to post this before now)

spa

Postby spa » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:36 pm

4h rules the smaller timeframes? ..the 4h setup is in development
Attachments
gu 4h.gif
gu 4h.gif (8.43 KiB) Viewed 3843 times
gu 1h.gif
gu 1h.gif (12.77 KiB) Viewed 3843 times
gu 15min.gif
gu 15min.gif (13.64 KiB) Viewed 3843 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”