Going back to Demo

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

SignalBender

Re: T-D-M-P

Postby SignalBender » Thu May 27, 2010 6:49 am

cosmoe1 wrote:
SignalBender wrote:You are more than welcome. :)

Signalbender,

I think I'm starting to understand. I loaded Tro's TCD indi, Tro_Range indi, also a stochastic set at 6-5-4. I watched it for about 3 hours to see how it behaved. decided to take a buy on E/U and picked up 20 pips in less than 5 minutes. NICE.

thanks again,
cosmoe1

Good work! Play with the Input called "AveBars." If you set that one correctly and learn as much as you can about TCD behavior, you should be able to augment your trading by adding the TCD Indicator to your box of tools.

Price has structure. That's TCD Lesson number 1. ATR measures only one dimension of the Price Structure. The TCDs fills out the picture and shows you WHY the structure is what it is. You can use this Indicator for a number of different things. You can zoom out fully and wait for what I call a Black Hole to appear on screen. If you are fully zoomed out, one side of the Indicator will spike and jet out well beyond the TCD Average (either Long or Short). This will typically indicate the need for a pull-back of some duration. This is NOT always an indication of a long-term reversal in direction - but it does not have to be for the stealth Trader. As a stealth Trader, you are interested in collecting pips, on a consist basis and using methods that are mathematically verifiable, quantifiable, measurable and historically reliable.

Remember, this Indicator has its limitations and it was created a very long time ago, when my system was still very young. I have since developed an entire system that goes well beyond TCDs, but the core TCD concept is still an integral component of the system. Even so, there are some very nice Tactical things you can do with this Indicator, after you learn how it behaves in multiple time-frames.

Cheers!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

cosmoe1

Guess where I got in

Postby cosmoe1 » Thu May 27, 2010 2:10 pm

Timing-Direction-Magnitude-Probability
And Just yesterday I couldn't pull the trigger.

cosmoe1

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Thu May 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Try: Right Click, Save As Picture, 1000 x 600 or 800 x 300 (you will need to play with the resolution based on your video driver settings to find the optimal fit).

Can't read the chart. But, I hope you are getting the hang of it.

gfg1

Re: Guess where I got in

Postby gfg1 » Thu May 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Nice going cosmoe, out of curiosity, what is the name of the indi, you have on the bottom of the chart?

cosmoe1 wrote:

cosmoe1
Price closed over a line that you believed to be support and that is the first indication that something is WRONG-MO

cosmoe1

Postby cosmoe1 » Thu May 27, 2010 6:10 pm

gfg1 wrote:Nice going cosmoe, out of curiosity, what is the name of the indi, you have on the bottom of the chart?

cosmoe1 wrote:

cosmoe1
TRO_RANGE It must have come with one of his motherloads.

Cosmoe1

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Thu May 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Cosmoe1,

There are so many different ways to trade these TCDs. That is because they represent all price action and all price behavior. You cannot control them, but you can learn their Signature and develop methodologies to take advantage of what they offer on just about any chart time-frame. Take a look at the M30 - should not matter which pair you use.

On the M30, set the "AveBars" on the Indicator to 17. This time, zoom out so you can see gaps between the Histogram TCD bars. Set two Levels in the Indicator, one +75 and the other -75. Both 17 and 75 will vary with the market conditions (a secret that I'm not yet ready to divulge).

Now, snoop around the charts minding your own business. Looking here and looking there - until - wait a minute. You think you see one of those *useless some have called them in private conversations* TCD-Long-Abs moving up beyond the +75 level, where the TCD-Long-Ave value is > TCD-Short-Ave value. Hmmm, you wonder to yourself as you have a light bulb moment: 'I wonder what happens if I wait patiently until the TCD-Short-Abs value moves below its TCD-Short-Ave level.....could I go Long at the Close of that TCD-Short bar?'

So, with your *useless TCD idea* (cause who needs this stuff anyway) you do just that. Down goes the TCD-Short-Abs to its TCD-Short-Ave value and then it closes Short. Well, you say to yourself: I've got nothing to lose, this is just a demo trade anyway, so why not. You then enter the market Long on the close of that bar. Sometime within the next 30 minutes to an hour or so, you've pocketed between 20 to 75 pips. On the way to doing it, you notice this rat jumping in the position behind you carrying his portion of the cheese that you had no more room to carry in your mouth. Eventually, both you and the little rodent exit the position somewhere in the same neighborhood.

After both of you catch your breadth, the little rodent looks at you and says: How did you know? You then turn to the rodent and say: "I picked up the Signature Brand of Cheese on Sale at Walmart!" The rat smiles and says: "Hey, let me know when the next sale is on, so I can join you." You return: "Smart rat!"

You will have to play around with both the "AveBars" and the "Levels" - depending on which chart you use and depending upon what's going on with Omega (just use ATR) and both TCD-Ave values. There are some things that I need to keep under wraps, but it is not too difficult to figure out what to do with these two settings.

oh, BTW. The "Range" that you have loaded into MT4, is ironically just like my Omega-F%. It was the very first variable indicator that I began talking about years ago. However, my Omega is a slightly different calculation than the ATR calculation you now have loaded. It shows the percentage of the range that has been completed, or what I call, "Filled, or F%." What a coincidence! Who would have 'thunk' it.

Learn it - get used to it - profit from it.

Cheers!

gfg1

Postby gfg1 » Thu May 27, 2010 7:58 pm

signalbender, tried what you suggested on a EU 30 min chart. Is this the way you explained it? TIA

SignalBender wrote:Cosmoe1,

There are so many different ways to trade these TCDs. That is because they represent all price action and all price behavior. You cannot control them, but you can learn their Signature and develop methodologies to take advantage of what they offer on just about any chart time-frame. Take a look at the M30 - should not matter which pair you use.

On the M30, set the "AveBars" on the Indicator to 17. This time, zoom out so you can see gaps between the Histogram TCD bars. Set two Levels in the Indicator, one +75 and the other -75. Both 17 and 75 will vary with the market conditions (a secret that I'm not yet ready to divulge).

Now, snoop around the charts minding your own business. Looking here and looking there - until - wait a minute. You think you see one of those *useless some have called them in private conversations* TCD-Long-Abs moving up beyond the +75 level, where the TCD-Long-Ave value is > TCD-Short-Ave value. Hmmm, you wonder to yourself as you have a light bulb moment: 'I wonder what happens if I wait patiently until the TCD-Short-Abs value moves below its TCD-Short-Ave level.....could I go Long at the Close of that TCD-Short bar?'

So, with your *useless TCD idea* (cause who needs this stuff anyway) you do just that. Down goes the TCD-Short-Abs to its TCD-Short-Ave value and then it closes Short. Well, you say to yourself: I've got nothing to lose, this is just a demo trade anyway, so why not. You then enter the market Long on the close of that bar. Sometime within the next 30 minutes to an hour or so, you've pocketed between 20 to 75 pips. On the way to doing it, you notice this rat jumping in the position behind you carrying his portion of the cheese that you had no more room to carry in your mouth. Eventually, both you and the little rodent exit the position somewhere in the same neighborhood.

After both of you catch your breadth, the little rodent looks at you and says: How did you know? You then turn to the rodent and say: "I picked up the Signature Brand of Cheese on Sale at Walmart!" The rat smiles and says: "Hey, let me know when the next sale is on, so I can join you." You return: "Smart rat!"

You will have to play around with both the "AveBars" and the "Levels" - depending on which chart you use and depending upon what's going on with Omega (just use ATR) and both TCD-Ave values. There are some things that I need to keep under wraps, but it is not too difficult to figure out what to do with these two settings.

oh, BTW. The "Range" that you have loaded into MT4, is ironically just like my Omega-F%. It was the very first variable indicator that I began talking about years ago. However, my Omega is a slightly different calculation than the ATR calculation you now have loaded. It shows the percentage of the range that has been completed, or what I call, "Filled, or F%." What a coincidence! Who would have 'thunk' it.

Cheers!
Attachments
eu30.gif
eu30.gif (21.16 KiB) Viewed 3619 times
Price closed over a line that you believed to be support and that is the first indication that something is WRONG-MO

cosmoe1

better pic

Postby cosmoe1 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:17 pm

Cheers!

Hello signalbender,

for some reason my computer wont upload new picture into thread.
Thanks for the advice, will try it out.
BTW-I only trade on live account. Do not believe in practice account. Can not train the brain proprely on demo.
Cos

cosmoe1

Postby cosmoe1 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:23 pm

gfg1 wrote:signalbender, tried what you suggested on a EU 30 min chart. Is this the way you explained it? TIA

Cheers!

Nice one GFG Looks like about 60pip potential
cos

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Thu May 27, 2010 8:46 pm

gfg1 wrote:signalbender, tried what you suggested on a EU 30 min chart. Is this the way you explained it? TIA

Hmmm. Stocking up on some premium cheese, I see. :) Got in the store just before the sale had ended, too.

One more thing about this. Depending on how you set the AveBars and Levels, you will be trading near reversal levels at times. So, don't get greedy. This method of trading TCDs is not the H-Grail. Or, the be-all-end-all. But, if done properly, it should dramatically boost your accuracy to a specified target. It is a total niche play, so don't read too much into it. Like I said, if you study TCDs carefully enough, you will see many different ways to use them to your advantage - not just one.

Study, is the key.

Cheers.

Return to “beginners forum”