Bombora Trading Journal

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Bombora

Bombora Trading Journal

Postby Bombora » Tue May 18, 2010 8:56 pm

Alright, I've been demo trading with a few of TRO's strategies.

Here is where I'm going to record my trading, post my findings, upload my templates, request feedback, and celebrate with the community while hopefully providing some encouragement as well.

Over the next day or two I will be posting my template for MT4, as well as a ZIP file of the indicators I am using (TRO if this isn't alright just let me know). As a heads up, all of the indicators are available on here this website and I have not made a donation, yet I do plan to and I'm incredibly thankful for TRO's work.

First of all, let me say this - I'm choosing to be a red rat. Hold me to that.

I'm going to be using one template that will allow me to trade a semaphore strategy, the rat strategy, and the psychology level strategy. All based on priced action. Also, there will be inside bars on the template. I love playing these with my rat rules and also find them useful for exits in regards to momentum on large runs.

I wanted to tell a bit about myself, but for those who just want the meat skip this.

I'm trading every morning from 9:00am to 12:00pm. I live on the east coast so that's -5 GMT. I've been trading for one year. I was playing around on a stock simulator one semester, as I'm a college student, and found a website to trade binary options. These are high risk, and I had no idea what I was doing. You simply call or put based on current price, if by the end of the hour price is above that price and you called, you make a 75% return on your money. If not, you lose it all.

In a matter of 3 weeks I turned $100.00 into over $10,000.00. I know, I don't even believe it. But it was dumb luck. Once I learned enough to realize I was stupid and lucky, I moved to futures where I systematically managed to lose it all just as quickly. Haha...

Now I'm here, and we will see how it goes. I see about 100 pips of profit on my chart for today, I'll post it later.

More to come soon.
Bombora

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Bombora

5-18-10 5M Red Rat Overview

Postby Bombora » Tue May 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Alright, I'm going to do my best to document the trades by arrow number. The image is attached.

I play the 5M chart. At the break of a previous red candle's low I enter. I have a 5pip take profit. My session is shown by the darker background. My stop loss is really still being tweaked. I will assume the worst for the recap though. I'm assuming I will wait until the bar closes and exit. I am normally pretty good at managing out and at least covering commissions. If an inside bar also triggers short I would add an extra entry to the position as the probability for profit increases, however those are not calculated here.

1. Broke the low of the previous red candle. +5 pips.
2. Broke the low of the previous red candle. +5 pips.
3. Broke the low of the previous red candle. Eventually came back down, however we will assume I exited at the close of the candle. -5 pips.
4. Broke the low of the previous red candle. +5 pips.
5. Broke the low of the previous red candle. +5 pips.
6. Broke the low of the previous red candle. +5 pips.
7. Broke the low of the previous red candle. +5 pips.
8. Marked incorrectly on chart. No trade as the previous candle was blue.
9. Broke the low of the previous red candle. +5 pips. I especially like this setup because of the inside bar (shown in yellow).
10. Broke the low of the previous red candle. This is the beauty of the rat, I would have gotten whipsawed and beaten by the rate had I not been "turning left only." +5 pips.
11. Broke the low of the previous red candle. +5 pips.
12. Broke the low of the previous red candle. Loss though. I'm assuming I manually closed at the candles close. -11 pips (ouch!)
13. Broke the low of the previous red candle. +5 pips.
14. Broke the low of the previous red candle. +5 pips.
15. Broke the low of the previous red candle. +5 pips.
16. Broke the low of the previous red candle. +5 pips.
17. Broke the low of the previous red candle. +5 pips.
18. Broke the low of the previous red candle. +5 pips.
19. Broke the low of the previous red candle. +5 pips. This was a close one though.

Also, I'm assuming I am adding on each signal if the previous one hasn't closed yet.

This is a bit different than TRO's, yet as you can see it still works.

1H and 15M charts coming soon.
Attachments
5-18-10 5m rat.gif
Arrows represent trades. Thumbs represent profit or not.
5-18-10 5m rat.gif (53.7 KiB) Viewed 2483 times
Bombora

Bombora

5-18-10 15M Red Rat Reversal

Postby Bombora » Tue May 18, 2010 9:34 pm

Edit - I apologize but I posted the wrong chart. This is for yesterday's session. However, there were only two short triggers today anyway. That would be plus 10 on them. Nearly no drawdown.

This strategy is harder to show. What is important is that it reversed enough to make me easily profitable, independent of where I entered on the 15M bar. As a mental note though, I normally wait for the bar to run up quite a bit before averaging into the trade and I want to see a 3 semaphore.

1. I entered short at the purple dots.
2. I entered short again most likely in the middle to upper third of this bar based on my past performance.
3. I entered one last time again in the upper third.

Finally I take a good 5 pips on the trade. The drawdown was bad though. TRO, any suggestions? I couldn't have seen the breakout coming before I placed my order. This seems to happen a lot with this strategy.

This brings the total to nearly 70 for the 3 hour session.
Attachments
5-18-10 15m reversal.gif
5-18-10 15m reversal.gif (55.05 KiB) Viewed 2476 times
Bombora

Bombora

5-18-10 1H Psych Level's

Postby Bombora » Tue May 18, 2010 9:46 pm

Alright, this one is definitely harder to show.

Arrow one I just looked at, it never broke the low. Had it, I would've had a loss. Let's go ahead and count it. -10.

Remember, I'm only a red rate. I only trade short when the H1 candle color is short.

Arrow two, easy profit. After some screen-time I can imagine I'd let these run. Either way, +5.

Three and hour are the same it would seem.

I understand this is a rough test, I don't put much weight on it. Just trying to give an explanation.

Today was a good day for the red rat. Nearly 100 pips by the looks of it.
Attachments
5-18-10 15m psych levels.gif
5-18-10 15m psych levels.gif (65.63 KiB) Viewed 2467 times
Bombora

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”