MO's MBT Micro

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

newark18

Postby newark18 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:11 pm

What is the point of the 45* angle? If speed increases 2x and decreases by half, then I am not sure how 45* comes into play.
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:16 pm

newark18 wrote:What is the point of the 45* angle? If speed increases 2x and decreases by half, then I am not sure how 45* comes into play.

Just like 2x body sizes for momo, the rule is a good approximation but isn't quite what we are looking for.

You have to start somewhere...

newark18

Postby newark18 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:34 pm

GU, about to increase its speed to 60*? let's see...

newark18

Postby newark18 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:38 pm

I know people generally dismiss volume but I'm finding that it can show the start of a trend or reversal. When price is moving in one direction and then there is a sudden spike in volume to slow that trend, it may signal a reversal. Or is price is standing still and there is a sudden spike in volume, it may signal the start of a trend. I will have to keep my eye on it. But I've noticed this the past few days. Why is there a sudden spike in volume? Who wants price to start or stop?

bredin

Postby bredin » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Of course theres a volume spike at those points: thats where price is hitting the order stack and orders are being filled.
Think about the opposite (since we get conditioned in school to look for spikes and stuff and focus on what happens there) for a moment: what is happening on the chart when volume dips?
Remembering that you will need to filter for the background volume from session to session...

:idea:

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Humble

Postby Humble » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:56 am

noone22 wrote:what is the actual point to enter in reverse direction?

I've been thinking about this (assuming you mean reversal of trade direction, rather than a point of entry) since the posts on hedging. I could not see from the chart as to when MO liquidated and when he hedged. My view was that he hedged from the chart (t/f) he was trading and got the liquidation signal from a higher t/f chart.

Sometime ago MO posted a chart on how he marks the top of a range. As no questions followed the subject died. However he has started marking these lines on charts posted in answer to other questions.

MO also answered this question by expanding the x, y bar concept to x,y,z. I'm wondering if this is still his current thinking - MO?

MO also answered the question by referring to a memo bars body that is not in the MO Zone. This being the opposite have of the body, referred to as a wait and see zone. He also said a zl through this wait and see zone was a possible reversal zl.

He gives another hint by telling us when to exit a trade. I mean why exit unless there is a chance the direction is going to reverse.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

noone22

Postby noone22 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:01 am

newark18 wrote:GU, about to increase its speed to 60*? let's see...

It's an assumption, isn't it?
How do you know anyway?
And what you're going to do, knowing this?

I still have no clue at all about these angles,
cannot undertand, if I don't know, what
I have to understand.

noone22

Postby noone22 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:04 am

Humble wrote:I've been thinking about this (assuming you mean reversal of trade direction, rather than a point of entry) since the posts on hedging. I could not see from the chart as to when MO liquidated and when he hedged. My view was that he hedged from the chart (t/f) he was trading and got the liquidation signal from a higher t/f chart.

Sometime ago MO posted a chart on how he marks the top of a range. As no questions followed the subject died. However he has started marking these lines on charts posted in answer to other questions.

MO also answered this question by expanding the x, y bar concept to x,y,z. I'm wondering if this is still his current thinking - MO?

MO also answered the question by referring to a memo bars body that is not in the MO Zone. This being the opposite have of the body, referred to as a wait and see zone. He also said a zl through this wait and see zone was a possible reversal zl.

He gives another hint by telling us when to exit a trade. I mean why exit unless there is a chance the direction is going to reverse.

This seems to be a useless task - to compile whole big picture
from small jigsaw pieces, especially, if you have
2 or more sets of different sets mixed together,
and moreover - if some parts are missing.

newark18

Postby newark18 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:34 am

I didn't know for sure and it didn't go that direction anyway. I was just putting my bet in. I felt it was going to speed up because of what price failed to do (move towards the bottom of the 30* channel).

I still don't know what I am doing but I am learning something because I am trying to do it myself. Just reading MO's charts only does so much. You see so much more when you draw the lines yourself and see price action live.

I think DOP may be, like others have said, just a piece to the puzzle or tool in your belt. If you can get some advantage from it (5-10 pips per trade) then it is worth learning. I think it can do a whole lot more than that but I don't know for sure yet.

Like MO said, feel free to ignore my posts if you don't like what you are reading. I was just trying to stir up discussion.
Last edited by newark18 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

cwn6161

Postby cwn6161 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:35 am

noone22 - from what i've gathered, the higher the angle, the greater the opportunity for a reversal. 30 degrees seems to be the "norm" (that is, switching between a up trend and down trend, both with 30 degree angles). if price moves out of a 30 degree channel, one could look to see if a higher degree angle is forming. you can try to profit on the higher angle (going with momentum) or wait for things to settle (taking a reversal)

does that help at all?

Return to “TheRumpledOne”