Other forums

everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

jimbob

Postby jimbob » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:03 pm

Trip,

since you didn't ask :) i'll tell you one of the things i like about stocks:

i can back test against a basket of equities from which i have the choice of hundreds of candidates, which assists me in avoiding the curve fitting that may accompany a more limited selection.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

jimbob

Postby jimbob » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:49 pm

sorry guys,

it looks like this is not the forum i seek...

perhaps we will meet in another life.

signing off.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:53 am

I wasn't aware that there are people who still trade stocks :wink:

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:11 pm

www.mql4.com has a forum for MT4 users.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:08 pm

MightyOne wrote:I wasn't aware that there are people who still trade stocks :wink:

In North America I am pretty sure that there are more retail stock traders than forex traders.

Around my office at work, most people never heard of Forex, and those that have think forex is some quantum physics equation with complex differential subatomic chemical reactions and stay the hell away from it.

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:19 pm

MightyOne wrote:I wasn't aware that there are people who still trade stocks :wink:

MO, If I'm not mistaken TRO trades stocks on a daily basis.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

TygerKrane

Re: Forex over Stocks

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Tripken wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:jimbob,
I started with stocks (in 2009 I moved onto Options, Penny-Increment Options, then Binary Options [2009 was a busy year :whew!!:])...after I got started in forex, I quickly realized THERE WAS NO WAY, I was going back to stocks.
Mind if I ask why you stay with stocks? ( I am assuming that you tried forex and didn't like it.)
Actually, the only way I would go back to stocks is if I'm trading penny-increment options, which was loads of fun!!

Hi Tyger, if you don't mind my asking why do you find Forex so much better than stocks? I'm very new and have been experimenting with Stocks, now working with the YM/NQ futures but have become interested in Forex. I'm only Sim trading to see what i can do or like to do now so i'm open to learning anything. Thanks

24/5 access!! Sometimes I'm too unfocused to do my daytrading and my day job, so I like being able to trade in afternoons/early mornings as well. Easy access to margin - as soon as I close out a trade, the money is available for me to trade again IMMEDIATELY, I don't have to wait 3 days or 1 day(as in stocks or options to get my money back to re-enter the market. In stocks, you need $25K in order to short stocks. Also, I hated the gapping of stock charts. You can more easily participate in economic releases that happen when the stock market is closed.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

jimbob

Postby jimbob » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:07 pm

>>Easy access to margin - as soon as I close out a trade, the money is available for me to trade again IMMEDIATELY, I don't have to wait 3 days or 1 day(as in stocks or options to get my money back to re-enter the market. In stocks, you need $25K in order to short stocks. Also, I hated the gapping of stock charts. <<

Tyger,

in day trading, when i close a trade, my money is immediately available in my account.

i agree, if you don't have $25K to risk, you shouldn't be shorting stocks...or going long either.

btw...i love to see stocks gapping...

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:55 am

Jimbob,

If your money was immediately available, then surely you had the $25K maintenance margin, right?
(I'm totally a small-time trader.)

TripKen
I also like forex in that you can be a daytrader without the $25K account, skipping the pattern daytrader rules altogether.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Return to “general”