What happens when you start to earn big time?

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

leonyde

Postby leonyde » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:54 am

michal.kreslik wrote:one unnamed retail broker once made me wait for 5 minutes before I got a MARKET fill.. these things are hard to believe.

Yes, but why?

How do they know that delaying an order will be at their advantage? They supposedly don't know the future, unless they manipulate it. (that's a real question, I really want to know!)

I am thinking how would it be technically possible to follow every single trader, and "make them loose" individually - to say it in simple words. I mean it would take an unimaginable amount of calculating power to audit every single account, try to "guess" their next moves, etc

Or is it reasonable to think that they just generate those issues on a random basis to the masses, to make trading more difficult and random - to their advantage in the end...?

Technically it would be possible to audit all the accounts and separate trader in different pools: scalpers, day traders, etc. And then redirect them to a different server or whatever, and generate a set of issues specifically made to impel on their trading.

What do you think?

For example I had an account with FXCM, and I encountered some "suspicious" glitches time to time (Though I have to stay that I was very happy with the stability of their platform). The most common issue I had was "slippage". Orders get opened - but strangely not where the price is, a few pips above the spread - for no apparent reasons. The same occurred when closing trades, even more difficult to spot. However those issues appeared on a completely random basis, very difficult to track, and sometime to my advantage... so I can't say for sure. But I still get this feeling that they artificially inflate the spread to their advantage.

(Just to be precise, I was trading on their UK server, from a nearby country on a 100mbit optical fiber connection - so there was absolutely no lag on my side.)

All those strategies to manipulate the odds in the favor of broker are very complex, and require a lot of resource (personnel, computing power, etc). All this, when they could simply play the statistics if 95% of traders loose, as Adaseb stated before... So what to think?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Pro Trader

Postby Pro Trader » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:58 am

Dragon

I've just been having a look at Dukascopy and I like some of the features they offer like being able to have the account in the currency you choose. Im with MBT at the moment so everything is in USD. Also the fact that you can have a private bank account liked to your trading account using their Swiss Custodian Banking Services. Do you use this feature? If so do you find this beneficial? I wouldn't be at the required level immediately but it looks like a good feature for the future in any case.

I would also like to know which platform you would recommend from their options available.

With thanks and regards

Tresor

Postby Tresor » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:27 pm

Pro Trader wrote:I would also like to know which platform you would recommend from their options available.

I demo tested both JForex and MT4 by Dukascopy.

Duka's MT4 problem was: ''order is process'' which I encountered only once but could not close my demo position for 2 hours.

Duka's JForex is a stone age application as far as charting goes, e.g. incorrect bar spacing on any time resolution I tried resulted in trendlines' concept being massacred.

But the biggest problem I had with JForex was the handling of volume, e.g. there were unexplained volume spikes, e.g. on 1 hour resolution one could observe no volume spike, but on a 2h resolution you could observe an enormous spike in volume.

I am posting two screenshots so that you could get an idea of the problem. The daily volume on 5 minute resolution for AUDNZD was in region of 50 thousand and the daily volume of 15 minute reolution for AUDNZD on the same day was in region of 1.5 million.

Recently I have asked MultiCharts to try to connect its platform to Duka's real-time data feed so that I could check ifit is Duka's platform or data feed issue.

I am aware of the fact that my post does not answer the questions of the thread initiator. I am trading a rather successful strategy, and I too would like to know when my broker decides when to copycat my entries and exits.

Regards
Attachments
AUDNZD 5 min volume.png
AUDNZD 5 min volume.png (33.43 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
AUDNZD 15 min volume.png
AUDNZD 15 min volume.png (29.11 KiB) Viewed 3007 times

leonyde

Postby leonyde » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:51 pm

Pro Trader wrote:Dragon

I've just been having a look at Dukascopy and I like some of the features they offer like being able to have the account in the currency you choose. Im with MBT at the moment so everything is in USD. Also the fact that you can have a private bank account liked to your trading account using their Swiss Custodian Banking Services. Do you use this feature? If so do you find this beneficial? I wouldn't be at the required level immediately but it looks like a good feature for the future in any case.

I would also like to know which platform you would recommend from their options available.

With thanks and regards

Check this topic: http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

:)

leonyde

Postby leonyde » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:04 pm

Tresor,

How long did you experiment with Dukascopy MT4?

I would be interested to know your opinion about the quality of their feed.

2 years ago when I checked them out, I kept a relatively negative opinion. But it seems there are people quite happy with them... so I might have overlooked some aspects...

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:08 pm

michal.kreslik wrote:one unnamed retail broker once made me wait for 5 minutes before I got a MARKET fill.. these things are hard to believe.

I'll name one, FXCM.
Stops slipped for 10min while 40% of account drained.
Market entries you could count for 30 sec before fill on entry many times as of late.

I loved them at first, instant execution and never slipped stops.
NOT now.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Tresor

Postby Tresor » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:00 pm

leonyde wrote:Tresor,

How long did you experiment with Dukascopy MT4?

I would be interested to know your opinion about the quality of their feed.

I experimented with Duka's MT4 for only 1 week. It was half a year ago. Their feed was working well on MT4, but was a disaster with JForex.

A few days ago I visited their website again and started the account opening procedure. When I completed the procedure, and got my passport autheticated by the public notary, I noticed that their MT4 was still in beta stage so I put my opening the account at Duka on hold.

I know it's silly of me not to having checked this before :lol:

Return to “beginners forum”