10:1 leverage? possible solution

everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:30 pm

rowdy wrote:I believe this will happen. Particularly with a wave of anti-bank sentiment and financial reform on the horizon. I have already started to make the transition from Forex to futures.

Fk that, I am not going to give them what they want.

The first accounts that everyone should close are Futures accounts to punish these a-holes.

If everyone closed their Futures account for a year then it would be a beautiful thing.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

rowdy

Postby rowdy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:44 pm

MightyOne wrote:
rowdy wrote:I believe this will happen. Particularly with a wave of anti-bank sentiment and financial reform on the horizon. I have already started to make the transition from Forex to futures.

The first accounts that everyone should close are Futures accounts to punish these a-holes.

If everyone closed their Futures account for a year then it would be a beautiful thing.

I know what you mean but I really dont have any other alternatives. What am I going to do, invest in mutual funds and hope that the market doesnt have a meltdown like we just now are digging out of? If they screw up futures too then I am going to give Ben Bernanke a wedgy and jump off the top of the Citigroup headquarters.
All I need is Supply and Demand

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:05 pm

rowdy wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

I know what you mean but I really dont have any other alternatives. What am I going to do, invest in mutual funds and hope that the market doesnt have a meltdown like we just now are digging out of? If they screw up futures too then I am going to give Ben Bernanke a wedgy and jump off the top of the Citigroup headquarters.

give one to Pelosi and Osama from me

:D
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

jz166

Postby jz166 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:08 am

if this get passed, I wonder what would happen to all the future contracts, like ES/YM/TF, even 6E/6B...?

bredin

Postby bredin » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:40 am

Currency Options? are they subject to the new rules? I havent actually read the proposed legislation.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:12 am

rowdy wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

Why not open an forex account offshore ... easy enough ... unless I'm missing something :shock:
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

bredin

Postby bredin » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:19 am

pablo,
the legislation may be applied to all US entities that trade, no matter where they trade or who they trade through. This is because the last bollocks they did (fifo, hedging) was circumvented by doing exactly what you proposed and they are unlikely to allow that a second time.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:51 am

bredin wrote:Currency Options? are they subject to the new rules? I havent actually read the proposed legislation.

G.

The new rules would only have an impact on an outright.

jz166

Postby jz166 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:27 am

MightyOne wrote:
bredin wrote:Currency Options? are they subject to the new rules? I havent actually read the proposed legislation.

G.

The new rules would only have an impact on an outright.

MO, why do you think they want us switch from spot to future markets?

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:43 am

bredin wrote:pablo,
the legislation may be applied to all US entities that trade, no matter where they trade or who they trade through. This is because the last bollocks they did (fifo, hedging) was circumvented by doing exactly what you proposed and they are unlikely to allow that a second time.

G.

Thanks bredin,

Ahh, so you guys REALLY are screwed if they pass this :(
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

Return to “general”