Trading Contest 1-01-10

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

newschool

Postby newschool » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:47 pm

Hi rowdy, could you explain what are the glitches you encountered with mt4stats? I use it and I found it quite stable.

Also for the next contest why not share investor passwords with the organizator, who will post the progress in the forum once a week.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:49 am

rowdy wrote:
tmanbone wrote:Dear tmanbone,

Due to a series of updates and upgrades, we will be deleting all MT4 DEMO accounts at rollover today (before 5 pm EST). This will require you to obtain a new MT4 demo account, which is a two-step process. You will need to generate a new MT4 demo account through the MT4 software. This account will then be activated automatically by our team during the next 24 hours and should be available for you to trade after rollover on Tuesday (5 pm EST again). You will not be able to trade in the new Demo account until after the next rollover. We apologize for the inconvience, but we believe that the new Demo environment will be extremely stable and allow you to test your strategies with minimal interuptions versus what you have seen to this point. Thank you for your coopration.

Best Regards,

MB Trading Futures, Inc.
1926 East Maple Avenue
El Segundo, CA 90245
www.mbtrading.com

See you all in the next one. Enjoyed it. Thanks,

Tmanbone,
I am very sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, this contest has turned out to be
less than perfect. Between this and the glitches with mt4stats, I realize that
it is difficult to come up with a way of making this fair for everyone. It is
quite possible that any of us could face the same problem before the end of March.

Again, I am very sorry and I wish you the best in your trading in the future.

Thanks for participating.

Thanks Rowdy, I appreciate it. Good trading to all.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

rowdy

Postby rowdy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:34 am

newschool wrote:Hi rowdy, could you explain what are the glitches you encountered with mt4stats? I use it and I found it quite stable.

Also for the next contest why not share investor passwords with the organizator, who will post the progress in the forum once a week.

A couple of weeks ago a few accounts here showed little or no trades. It happened after a week of huge losses by me and Lukx so I was thinking that maybe they had blown their accounts. Thankfully that wasnt the case.

As far as Tmanbones situation, in hindsight I should have made it a rule that everyone use Alpari as the demo broker. They have the most reliable demo accounts of anyone I have seen so far. I didnt want people to have to use a broker they were not comfortable with and I wanted people to have freedom of choice in this regard.

I am not sure what you mean by "investor passwords". If you are talking about the actual user name and account passwords, I would not make that a rule because some accounts may be live.

As far as a "next time", I will not be the contest admin. If someone wants to
try this again please feel free to take over that responsibility. I may
consider being just a participant depending on the rules. I know that you
have expressed interest in a live account contest. I am curious how you
can be sure that the account is really live versus demo.
All I need is Supply and Demand

retireme

Postby retireme » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:52 am

newschool wrote:Hi rowdy, could you explain what are the glitches you encountered with mt4stats? I use it and I found it quite stable.

Even now when you look at Flinux trades versus his graph, where is the loss in the trade. The graph is showing a massive dip, yet there is no trade to match it. This may not be the fault of MT4Stats but there is definitely something amiss somewhere.

Rgds
Retireme

flinux

Postby flinux » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:16 pm

retireme wrote:

Even now when you look at Flinux trades versus his graph, where is the loss in the trade. The graph is showing a massive dip, yet there is no trade to match it. This may not be the fault of MT4Stats but there is definitely something amiss somewhere.

Rgds
Retireme

The trades you see in the chart, were closed in positive! And to confirm this, just look at the swap, the opening and closing the position. While I was at a loss, in the meantime I have gained thru positions with equal sign and / or opposite.
So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:13

retireme

Postby retireme » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:59 pm

flinux wrote:
retireme wrote:

Rgds
Retireme

The trades you see in the chart, were closed in positive! And to confirm this, just look at the swap, the opening and closing the position. While I was at a loss, in the meantime I have gained thru positions with equal sign and / or opposite.

Flinux, I think you may have misunderstood my last posting. I am not suggesting anything. Please see the graph that I am seeing on your MT4stats page, there are two losing trades showing on the graph and none in the trade stats.
Attachments
flinux.jpg
flinux.jpg (232.97 KiB) Viewed 3775 times

dchappy

Postby dchappy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:26 pm

If I'm thinking right ...

The graph may be showing some hedged positions ..

While the trade was open the hedged trades were in draw-down .

But when the final position was covered /closed, the trade was in profit .

Thus the graph is showing each trade but not taking into account the off-setting position ..

I could be way off...I'm just guessing .

btw , flinux ..47 wins in a row ..can I send you an account to manage for me ? :lol: :lol: fantastic !!!

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Yes Flinux is doing a very nice job. I would be interested in taking a class.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

retireme

Postby retireme » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:45 pm

Ahhhh, now I understand!

One last question then: does this mean that MT4 report and MT4Stats, display differently?

If you look at the pdf of the MT4report (page 10), there is no dip or drawdown showing.

Rgds
Retireme

dchappy

Postby dchappy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:00 pm

retireme wrote:Ahhhh, now I understand!

One last question then: does this mean that MT4 report and MT4Stats, display differently?

If you look at the pdf of the MT4report (page 10), there is no dip or drawdown showing.

Rgds
Retireme
Hmmm.. I think those negative charges under 'SWAP' are the brokers fee for

closing the hedged positions at the end of the day .

So although you don't see an actual drawdown , it was there, in the report, but just offset by profit from the original trade entry ( man that sounds confusing ..does'nt it ..haha )

There are a couple brokers here , maybe they can give a better answer.. :)

Return to “TheRumpledOne”