NeoTicker and its GA availability

platform related discussion

Moderator: moderators

michal.kreslik

NeoTicker and its GA availability

Postby michal.kreslik » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:41 am

I queried NeoTicker support if there is any GA available for NeoTicker.

They replied to me:

> - is there any GA available for NeoTicker right now?

We just released the Grid Optimizer for NeoTicker for our clients to preview.
It has its own smart search, not GA though.

Grid Optimizer is different from classic trading system optimizers.
It does not even resemble what a classic system optimizer does.

> - if not, what time horizon do you expect it to be available in?

GA based model can be written as plug-ins or through other means.
We are focusing on the official release of the Grid Optimizer.
New features will be considered after that.

As far as I know, Wouter Oosthuizen is working on his GGO version for a NeoTicker, so let's see when it will be available.

Michal

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

whitmark

Grid Optimizer of NeoTicker

Postby whitmark » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:18 am

Michal,

Yes, NeoTicker has released their long awaited Grid Optimizer that features brute force, monte carlo, and smart search optimization methods. In addition to optmization of indicator parameters, you can also optimize instruments, bar intervals, trading time intervals to name a few. Pretty much any setting that can be defined on a chart can be optimized. As you might expect from the name, the Grid Optimizer can also optimize across multiple computers for maximum horsepower.

I have been using the NTGO for several days now to conduct multi-objective optimizations and its pretty impressive. One monte carlo test allowed me to generate 5.5+E18 potential combinations or cases but I was able to reach acceptable semi-optimized values in under 3 hours. Optimizations can also be suspended, allowing modification of optimization rules and ranges, and then resumed. The included graphics component allows the generation of superb 3-D surface maps that can be freely rotated for viewing and when printed, are suitable for framing.

While waiting for the Grid Optimizer, I did incorporate a Ward Systems GA to use with NeoTicker and am currently evaluating the potential to bring Wouter's GGO to Neoticker to take advantage of the WGFO. Wouter will not be developing the GGO for NeoTicker as that task will be left up to motiviated users to seek out potential solutions. Given recent enhancements to NeoTicker, the prospects look bright to include the GGO or another GA DLLs sooner than later. But until then, the monte carlo and smart search methods of the Grid Optimizer are very effective.

Regards,

Whitmark

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:06 am

Whitmark,

This sounds very promising. Yet another reason to check out Neoticker.

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

michal.kreslik

Re: Grid Optimizer of NeoTicker

Postby michal.kreslik » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:19 pm

whitmark,

thanks much for the information provided. Exhaustive optimization is dead and Tradestation will soon find out.

AmiBroker introduced a new Intelligent Optimization feature recently, too. Have you heard of it?

What do you exactly mean by smart search optimization methods? I understand you are talking about some kind of non-exhaustive AI algorithm. Which one?

It's absolutely cool the Grid Optimizer can optimize accross multiple computers. Now finally we are not restricted by a single computer power and may take the optimizations to a next level finally. This is exatly what we are going to do with the supercomputer cluster on Linux at the Brno Technical University. Of course, clustered computations are a piece of cake in Linux, so it's twice that meritable NeoTicker has made an effort to make this available for a Windows program, too.

How does the Ward Systems GA compare to GGO?

There are already fee GA libraries available as far as I know, so it should not be a great deal to make them work with NeoTicker.

Certainly the motivated users will make GA work in NeoTicker much sooner than a herd of developers in Tradestation :)

I count myself among motivated users, so I'll be happy to lend a hand in this effort if needed.

Have a very nice day, whitmark!

Michal

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “NeoTicker platform”