Trading Contest 1-01-10

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

bredin

Postby bredin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:57 am

just out of curiosity how many mt4 brokers will offer demo accounts lasting long enough for the contest? Im no broker expert, but I cant think of any off the top of my head.

Not trying to be negative, would love to play.

Cheers
G
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Kenyuki

Postby Kenyuki » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:02 am

Alpari UK offers unlimited demo accounts.

http://www.alpari.co.uk/en/trading_plat ... ader4.html

rowdy

Postby rowdy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:40 am

Patch wrote:rowdy

Are EAs allowed in this competition. If so I am definitely in.

Patch
In VA

EAs are just fine. I am glad you are in.
All I need is Supply and Demand

rowdy

Postby rowdy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:44 am

Shinobi-X wrote:just a little suggestion here for all who intended to do this...

if the participation is in demo account why not:

1. use the same broker (MT4) for all participants
2. give away the account number and read-only investor password so the people will benefit from true real-time trading (it's easier to check different accounts using the same broker).

I'm sure many visitors and other traders will be interested/ frequent this thread and bring more people to our home site kreslik.

@Patch
and maybe add another contest that ONLY use EAs. I've seen sites that compare EAs (affiliate sites) and it will be good to bring similar thing here.

this topic will be great to discuss for months to come due to the diversity of traders and EAs.

Good trading to all!

Thanks for the input. I would like to let everyone use their broker of choice. The fees and commissions are handled differently. Plus, some brokers have a more reliable MT4 feed than others.

RicG

Postby RicG » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:44 pm

rowdy wrote:
Shinobi-X wrote:just a little suggestion here for all who intended to do this...

if the participation is in demo account why not:

1. use the same broker (MT4) for all participants
2. give away the account number and read-only investor password so the people will benefit from true real-time trading (it's easier to check different accounts using the same broker).

I'm sure many visitors and other traders will be interested/ frequent this thread and bring more people to our home site kreslik.

@Patch
and maybe add another contest that ONLY use EAs. I've seen sites that compare EAs (affiliate sites) and it will be good to bring similar thing here.

this topic will be great to discuss for months to come due to the diversity of traders and EAs.

Good trading to all!

Thanks for the input. I would like to let everyone use their broker of choice. The fees and commissions are handled differently. Plus, some brokers have a more reliable MT4 feed than others.
Hi Rowdy,

Which broker do you feel has the most reliable MT4 feed? I'm always looking for ways to upgrade my trading system.

Thanks,
Ric

PS - I see we are neighbors.
(Disclaimer - This post is for educational purposes only. Always consult a licensed investment professional before taking any trade. Any trade you take is at your own risk.)

rowdy

Postby rowdy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:55 pm

RicG,
Try Alpari. They seem to be very reliable.

Shinobi-X

Postby Shinobi-X » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:06 pm

bredin wrote:just out of curiosity how many mt4 brokers will offer demo accounts lasting long enough for the contest? Im no broker expert, but I cant think of any off the top of my head.

Not trying to be negative, would love to play.

Cheers
G

I understand your concern. taken positively here.

Alpari UK has been my broker for live account and I believe their demo account is unlimited just as Kenyuki said. MBT also offered unlimited MT4 demo account.

@rowdy
why not limit them down to 2 brokers to ease the process of judging timely result. those who trade live with ECN type broker can use MBT and those who trade live and love (and know how to use) great leverage can go with Alpari UK. it's not practical to have more than two brokers to check and I believe that most people here on kreslik trade live using either MBT or Alpari UK. just a suggestion though.
aside of that, I like your idea regarding this competition (although in a demo environment). truly creative and I believe it will bring more interest in visiting this site (for people who has not frequent this site yet) because we have a deep pool of great traders here.

it's good to see what TRO has to say about this.

Good trading to all!
The gap between reality and dream is called action.

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:14 am

I predict PRO will win judging from his recent trades, though Megan Fox introduced into his household will likely to get himself killed from wifey lol :)
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

rowdy

Postby rowdy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:40 am

pablo101 wrote:I predict PRO will win judging from his recent trades, though Megan Fox introduced into his household will likely to get himself killed from wifey lol :)

He should just tell her that there is nothing wrong with a little snack in between meals.

Seriously, if anyone here wants to donate something for prizes let me know. It doesnt need to be anything expensive. The finishers at the top of the list would get the respect and admiration of everyone here in this forum. When they post, people will listen. That is worth more than any material prize IMHO.

dchappy

Postby dchappy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:46 pm

RE-TEST Image

Rowdy , Is this acceptable ? I can't seem to get my username to display
as your's does in the example .

Thanks ......

Return to “TheRumpledOne”