What do you think is the WORST course material out there?

everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

adaseb

What do you think is the WORST course material out there?

Postby adaseb » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:40 am

I started trading stocks originally back in April of this year when stocks were cheap and I figured "how hard can it be to be rich in stocks".

That dream was short lived when I lost a few dollars here and there. Then I decided to get some material to help me trade.

So I decided to go watch "Trading the Nasdaq ETFs" by Darllene Nellson.

When I first watched her DVDs I was so excited that I was going to be a millionaire because "she said so". She said trading the Q's is easy and what you learn here you can use for any stock.

Now back then I didn't know squat about trading. I had no idea what options were, no idea what shorting was, no idea what head and shoulders, double tops, double bottoms were. So everything that came out of her month amused me.

Now fast forward a few months and replaying her DVDs I came to a very important decision. She is so damn full of s**t its not even funny.

Here is a clip off Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SeJyVJ2_bA

Basically if you look around the room that the material was filmed in you see nothing but pensioners. People who worked their asses off scrubbing toilets for a living to put a buck or two in their savings account. Then she publishes this course for around $5K plus extra for additional software which will guarantee them financial freedom.

You can tell her students absolutely don't know s**t about trading simply due to the fact that they believe her ridiculous facts.

- Trading the QQQQs is all about the double/triple tops and bottoms. That's all you need to succeed in trading the Q's.

-You don't even need a computer to trade. Simply call your broker and ask "What price did the QQQQs close yesterday, what price did it open, is the price going up? is it going down? If the price was going up and then reversed and is going down, tell your broker that you want to short.
(I am not kidding on this one)

-All you need is the QQQQs to go up by 10 cents. With only $5K you can buy 100 in-the-money option contracts and get $500 once it hits 10 cents. (she forgets to mention that to buy/sell options you need to pay a shitload in commissions)

-"Know I know what some of you are thinking, your thinking yeah I can make $500 a day but what if I am wrong".
Her reply "Then just don't be wrong."

-If you buy some QQQQs contracts and price goes against you. Wait until it stops going down and then double your position and this way you will make $1000 instead of $500
(She forgets to mention what if price never goes towards you again)

She says the secret to finding tops and bottoms in the QQQQs are pivot points. She says the pivot formula is a secret formula and "she shouldn't even be telling us this because she can go to jail due to its accuracy". She then says you should go to my son's website and pay $5 or $10 (I forgot the amount) to get your own Pivot Point calculator. Can you believe that? She already stole $5K from these pensioners and now she wants to steal another $5 from something you can find for free on Google.

So at this point I was confused. So I decided to Google her and found out quickly that her whole course is a big scam. She even goes thru the trouble of hassling people not to re-sell her DVDs on eBay. Think about this for a minute. If she actually was making millions trading option contracts on the QQQQs why the hell would she waste her time surfing eBay everyday to prevent people from reselling her DVDs. ?

There are numerous pensioners who lost their entire savings accounts because of her.

My point for this thread is that I have come to the absolute conclusion that all these courses are NOT going to teach you enough to trade successfully. They only want your money.

It should of occurred through by dumb brain that "Why the hell would these turkeys be releasing their secrets of trading and go through the hassle of writing the course material, publishing, advertising if they can make much more money trading on their own?"

The answer is simply because they don't know how to trade. They are fakes. If they were real professional millionaire day traders they would keep their tactics tighter than an Asian vagina because if their tactic got spread it might not work anymore and keep them out of business.

There are people out there that are willing to help however;they are hard to find though. People such as TRO, MO, 3clipz, etc. You can tell these people want to help because they want nothing in return. They don't ask for money, gifts, sex, etc.

That's why I started this thread to thank TRO, Kreslik, MO, etc for not being greedy and teaching how to trade "properly".
:wink:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

jz166

Postby jz166 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:50 am

LOL
:D

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:23 pm

"The answer is simply because they don't know how to trade. They are fakes. If they were real professional millionaire day traders they would keep their tactics tighter than an Asian vagina because if their tactic got spread it might not work anymore and keep them out of business. "

That is a MYTH.

The more people that trade my methods like the BUY ZONE or RAT REVERSAL the better. Why? Because, I am NOT trading thinly traded instruments. If I am buying, then I want more people to buy. If I am selling short, then I want more people to sell short. This puts the "pressure" in my direction.

But you do have to wonder why there are not enjoying the beach in places like Cabo San Lucas with the rest of us pirates!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:24 pm

"They don't ask for money, gifts, sex, etc. "

Sex? LOL!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

rowdy

Postby rowdy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:17 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:"The answer is simply because they don't know how to trade. They are fakes. If they were real professional millionaire day traders they would keep their tactics tighter than an Asian vagina because if their tactic got spread it might not work anymore and keep them out of business. "

Gee, I am getting an Asian girlfriend like, TODAY!!!!
All I need is Supply and Demand

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:52 am

I am still convinced that Raghee Horner is worse... :wink:

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:18 am

Asian Vagina??? WTF !
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

Kenyuki

Postby Kenyuki » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:37 am

MightyOne wrote: I am still convinced that Raghee Horner is worse... :wink:

What's wrong with her, MO?

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:13 am

Kenyuki wrote:

I was torn between throwing her books in the trash or the fire.

If it were possible to flush them then that would be the obvious choice.

Kenyuki

Postby Kenyuki » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:57 am

MightyOne wrote:
Kenyuki wrote:

I was torn between throwing her books in the trash or the fire.

If it were possible to flush them then that would be the obvious choice.

Thanks, MO. I meant what was wrong with her,
not how you felt about her :lol:
Is her trading approach crap? I'm just curious, did not take the time to
review her stuff. Just read excerpts from her book and it bored me to tears.

Cheers,
Ken.

Return to “general”