Jeez there is a lot of info here, where to start?

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

forrestang

Jeez there is a lot of info here, where to start?

Postby forrestang » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:02 am

Howdy. I've been lurking for some time.

I started live again a few weeks ago after about a year layoff from trading. Since starting live again, after a slight DD, I've been on a tear in the ES lately. And it all started for me since I simplified my trading, with one simple setup. I've been only taking one trade per day, and that's it!!! And I've recouped all losses and then some by a bit.

But, back to TRO...... I'm interested in trading small FX, since I now have so much time on my hands since simplifying my trading approach. I have created another journal, and things I have to figure out are when, what and for the purposes of this post, HOW to trade?

I have loaded up BZFD, and have yet to observe it live as everything was close by the time I got it setup. It seems the choice for me is going to be between that and DTB.

I have completely read all 35pages of the BZFD thread, and still not into the DTB thread, but there are several.

Any suggestions as to which would be easiest to catch onto for trading one particular setup first?

Thanks,
Forrest

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

jacal1

Postby jacal1 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:43 am

forrestang welcome aboard!! you have probably already noticed how everyone here lays it straight yet keeps it civil its one ....correction it is the best site for unbiased and untainted sites in the forex world notice the lack of advertisement it one of the first things I noticed how free of the shackles this forum really is well enough of my cheer.

As for your question, there are many indicators on this site free and donational all helpful and very effective what it really falls to is what fits you! If the shoe fits wear it, buyzone (bz_everyhour_g) I have is simple and effective and easy but it is something I use when I have nothing better to do than trade very small lots (get trading fever out of system).

My primary system is DTB V8 I have found this to be my bread and butter to reversal trading and slowly trying to read into breakouts as well.

But that is my success, now if you are already finding success in a system you are using without external help good for you, my suggestion dont change a thing! TRO and the big boys here are helpful but they always remind the rest of us that if it aint broke dont change it.

Good Luck to you, hope you find the success in your discipline and diligence which you already seem to have, you already have the biggest hurdle past you now the rest is easy because it is all external.

DTB!!
The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge, wisdom and discipline...Prov 1:7

forrestang

Postby forrestang » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:59 am

Thanks for the reply Jacal!!

I have gotten through most of DTB and BZFD.

DTB seems a bit more complex, with more moving parts of course. I was observing it earlier and it faked me out once or twice. So I will keep watching it of course real time.

I dont plan on changing anything with my mini trading for now, and am considering it completely seperate and different for now.

I've seen your posts regarding the DTB in the thread and it's quite impressive.

With the Semafors and your posts, it seems like a good idea to wait for a 2 or a 3, and letting it close..... I assume this is due to what faked me out earlier, which was the semafor moving?

jacal1

Postby jacal1 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:22 am

Yes make sure you are wathcing a pair that you are familiar with. the best thing you can do is watch it is amazing what can be learned from just watching!

Yes when it is a very good signal i enter a second position on close or sometimes wait for the next candle close really depends on what I see each trade is different each feeling is different.

make sure you read the anatomy of drain the banks, TRO adds on there on what to watch for on 15m and 5m if you are experienced enough.

please add anything to the DTB V8 if you see anything that might sharpen the trade!

DTB!!
The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge, wisdom and discipline...Prov 1:7

forrestang

How many bars must pass before a Semafor becomes static?

Postby forrestang » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:38 am

This is a general question, about how long before a semafor becomes static and no longer moves?

If looking at an H1 Level 3 Semafor, is it static when that bar closes? Or does it take one more bar?

Thanks,
Forrest

jacal1

Postby jacal1 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:01 am

sema on H! is static and will move if the prices break, once i see sema I look at the lower TF to locate pauses inthe price movement you can generally see signs of a faltering move when the prices begin to slow compared to previous candle strength it takes some time for you to really acquire the eye for it but if it breaks once or twice and it has not hit your sl you should be fine you will make your pips now be wary of entering on 1 semas keep it to 2 and 3.

But I find just watching semas appear and the way prices move afterwards is quite amazing.

It really is important to have your sl and tp in place even if it manual one have it in place

me its not a number of pips but usually an accepted percentage 2% is really low for me as it is quite rare nowadays that I enter a losing trade, most my losses have come in a way of me really wanting the plan but because I was 10 pips away stuborn not to get out and loose 20 pips or so but i accept these as success as they help me curtail my tp with certain sema str and price movement that i see at that moment.

in short each semas will apear and move as they will denote resistance and support but one entry will never be identical to the last we can only hope they end in profits but hey thats only if we accept the loss.

DTB!!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”