3 Pips or Commission...?

Moderator: moderators

PTG

Postby PTG » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:28 pm

Very sorry to hear that Patch. Life sucks at times.

We'll get there !
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

foreman01

Postby foreman01 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:38 am

well as long as this thread is already way off course ... (I think it was mostly intended as a a haha thread anyway)

Self directed Roth IRA is the plan. That's still 6 years away for me, and so it would be a reasonable alternative to avoid taxes. Otherwise cant trade forex from IRA unless it is the self directed style, then you have to pay a small amount to a "overseer" of some sort (don't remember the proper term). But if making money, its the thing to do if you dont want to pay taxes. And certainly it should be roth so that you dont pay taxes on withdrawal.

AS to investing in another country. If you are US citizen you must pay taxes. And the way I hear it, Uncle Big Brother has forced most of the countries of the world to report the money that US citizens have in their banks.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:00 am

First make the money and then worry about taxes.

It is not like you can't make back every penny they took in the span of a week or two.

God bless leverage ;)

PTG

Postby PTG » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:03 am

foreman01 wrote:well as long as this thread is already way off course ... (I think it was mostly intended as a a haha thread anyway)

:D

Uncle Big Brother has forced most of the countries of the world to report the money that US citizens have in their banks.

Not all..
Also there are companies, foundations.

As long as there are competing nation states, there will be solutions. The establishment b'stards, themselves robbing everything and everyone left and right, cannot prevent this.
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

retireme

Postby retireme » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:58 am

MightyOne wrote:First make the money and then worry about taxes.

It is not like you can't make back every penny they took in the span of a week or two.

God bless leverage ;)

It may seem a little pedantic but, logically, what you have just said can NEVER happen... it reminds me of a dog chasing its tail! I realise I have a tax deficit from the capital gain. I set up my stall to earn the loss paid as tax... in doing so, I make more capital gain and therefore will pay more taxes... no worries, I will set my stall up again... I think!

And yes, the topic was supposed to be a HAHA but it has generated quite an interesting hotpotch of things and that is always good. :D

May the Pip's be with you... less tax of course.

Nick

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “MetaTrader”