Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:20 pm

razorboy wrote:but dont they both indicate that trend is going in the same direction?

es/pip wrote:
blubbb wrote:Is there ONE dynamic trendline or are there TWO? If there is only one, why do we use the smaller range of bars 1 and 2 at all? I mean, if the line gets pushed further by using the larger range, there won't be a change if you apply the other one.
Or is it one line for each range? Line A: Low[0] + High[1] - Low[1] and Line B: Low[0] + High[2] - Low[2] ?

my understanding

the smaller is in play until the larger is touched and then the smaller is no longer in play

again this is how i understand this

if you have a line at 10 and 50 and price breaks the line at 10 it is currently long price now goes up to the line at 50 and pulls back under it----now price is short and the lower line is negated bec the new line was pushed higher

so how can they both be saying the same direction?

the only way is if price goes above the line at 50 and stays there---but even then the lower line no longer remains

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:34 pm

so if you were playing this situation, you would look for a long entry around the 10 mark, keeping an eye on how it travels up to 50. if it doesnt hit the fifty, you are then switching your bias from long to short

so past the first line you are temporarily biased long?

es/pip wrote:
razorboy wrote:but dont they both indicate that trend is going in the same direction?

es/pip wrote:
blubbb wrote:Is there ONE dynamic trendline or are there TWO? If there is only one, why do we use the smaller range of bars 1 and 2 at all? I mean, if the line gets pushed further by using the larger range, there won't be a change if you apply the other one.
Or is it one line for each range? Line A: Low[0] + High[1] - Low[1] and Line B: Low[0] + High[2] - Low[2] ?

my understanding

the smaller is in play until the larger is touched and then the smaller is no longer in play

if you have a line at 10 and 50 and price breaks the line at 10 it is currently long price now goes up to the line at 50 and pulls back under it----now price is short and the lower line is negated bec the new line was pushed higher

the only way is if price goes above the line at 50 and stays there---but even then the lower line no longer remains

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:04 pm

razorboy wrote:so if you were playing this situation, you would look for a long entry around the 10 mark, keeping an eye on how it travels up to 50. if it doesnt hit the fifty, you are then switching your bias from long to short

es/pip wrote:

es/pip wrote:

my understanding

if price hits the 10 line then that line would be in play(bias short below bias long above) the 50 line does not matter until it is hit---once hit then---------(bias short below bias long above) and the lower line no longer exists

disclaimer-----this may be totally wrong :D

i think it is correct

MO if my last explanations are incorrect let me know and i will delete them

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:10 pm

if you are wrong, then so am i...........

thanks

es/pip wrote:
razorboy wrote:so if you were playing this situation, you would look for a long entry around the 10 mark, keeping an eye on how it travels up to 50. if it doesnt hit the fifty, you are then switching your bias from long to short

es/pip wrote:

es/pip wrote:

my understanding

if price hits the 10 line then that line would be in play(bias short below bias long above) the 50 line does not matter until it is hit---once hit then---------(bias short below bias long above) and the lower line no longer exists

i think it is correct

pierre23

Postby pierre23 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:24 pm

:-s

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:30 pm

I have been playing gbpjpy using the 1 h chart and 5 min - i am wondering if this approach is not well suited for these time frames?

I think i may be missing somthing. this has put me on the wrong side of the trade 50% of the time compared to if I was just using z lines

razorboy wrote:if you are wrong, then so am i...........

thanks

es/pip wrote:

es/pip wrote:

es/pip wrote:

my understanding

i think it is correct

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:52 pm

i think this may leave you open to getting whipped around quite a bit. or as you mentioned before - the tail end of what could have been good trades

es/pip wrote:

es/pip wrote:

es/pip wrote:

my understanding

i think it is correct

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:29 pm

razorboy wrote:i think this may leave you open to getting whipped around quite a bit. or as you mentioned before - the tail end of what could have been good trades

es/pip wrote:

es/pip wrote:

es/pip wrote:

my understanding

i think it is correct

yeah im with ya

but thats what MO was talking about as far as the time frames used

in that sell off the other day i was trading the 1hr and was in and out the whole way down and MO was trading the 4hr and was short the whole way.

i took a couple of trades off the hr last night and then that long of the 4hr today and held it for 90 pips or 6%

i am still not sure exactly how i am going to do things with this or if i am going to go back to the zlines----- with the zlines i was risking 4% with around a 20 pip stop so if i happen to get a big one it would be 12-20% on that one trade plus all the other little scalps----

this strategy is more for getting in a trade that is correct and holding on for the ride---as MO made 30%ish yesterday and i made 7% by getting in and out------------

or maybe i am missing something with what we are looking at here not sure yet

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:35 pm

Short trigger on m15 chart. USDJPY was in a H1 BUZZARD REVERSAL.

DRAIN THE BANKS!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:39 pm

New traders can still KEEP IT SIMPLE and DRAIN THE BANKS using HORIZONTAL LINES at the PSYCHOLOGICAL PRICE LEVELS.

Remember, trading is SIMPLE.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”