bakedbeans' learning journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

bb01100100

Re: bakedbeans' learning journal

Postby bb01100100 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:03 pm

Update:

Net +0.88%, +2.68% cumulative, objective 10%.

I stayed up late to trade the post-news movement after CPI, based on the idea that the market would be slow/awkward the next morning (my 5am is 2pm NY). I'm glad I did because I found it very hard to trade the next morning - heavy and a super slow grind higher with tight ranges (circa 5-6 ticks with 100+ lots traded). I stopped after netting 1pt.

For the post-CPI trades, that went well; the number came out and the market pushed higher, higher then built some volume up high, giving me a chance to enter short with a wide stop based on the idea that unexpectedly higher inflation wasn't a good thing.

I netted about 8pts on that short, but in typical form I exited far too soon.. happy to get it right and always wary of someone running stops.

It was good to watch the order flow; from fast and flowing, one-way, to more and more size coming in to hold the downward movement, to an area being established and then a small (4-5pts) push higher.. a good example of the power of trading what you see.

I imagined several trades afterwards based on volume building up at price areas and moving away from it.. but didn't want to get involved after the one-way movement down 20pts+. Knowing vs doing. More to work on.

Actually.. I should have a micros chart open for those trades.. get the mental practice of trading what I'm seeing, but with the least amount of risk.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “beginners forum”