Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

shreddr

Postby shreddr » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:01 pm

that was a while ago and i-- well i think i know more that i did then----lol

what i was getting at in that picture---was since there was no increase in momentum on the 5 min away from the 15 min zl there was no reason to look to short off of it----also with all the bodies in direction of the long on the 15 min u wouldn't look to get short there

if i remember correctly that was in response to someone's q about taking a short in that area

as MO has recently stated a true zl trade happens off a 2x body next to each other------ otherwise u trade away from supp/res based on momentum

i wouldn't look to short in that area

yes it was cfabian's q, sorry i got the quotes messed up

i'm not really sure i understand what momentum really is--is it PA moving in direction of the trade we want to take?

gosh i need to sit back for a while and let my little brain to absorb all of this stuff for some time lol :?

thanks for the answer, appreciate it alot :P

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:29 pm

shreddr wrote:
that was a while ago and i-- well i think i know more that i did then----lol

what i was getting at in that picture---was since there was no increase in momentum on the 5 min away from the 15 min zl there was no reason to look to short off of it----also with all the bodies in direction of the long on the 15 min u wouldn't look to get short there

if i remember correctly that was in response to someone's q about taking a short in that area

as MO has recently stated a true zl trade happens off a 2x body next to each other------ otherwise u trade away from supp/res based on momentum

i wouldn't look to short in that area

yes it was cfabian's q, sorry i got the quotes messed up

i'm not really sure i understand what momentum really is--is it PA moving in direction of the trade we want to take?

gosh i need to sit back for a while and let my little brain to absorb all of this stuff for some time lol :?

thanks for the answer, appreciate it alot :P

momentum

if you have a 5 min down bar that has a body of 10 pips

followed by

a 5 min down bar with a body of 30 pips then that would be increasing momentum to the downside

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:40 pm

MO did you hit that darn sell button again :D

I would like to thank the traders that hold on to their profits for that deposit into my account

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:14 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
es/pip wrote:shadik,

if i have a setup on the 5 i enter on the 5

-------------------------- 15 i enter on 5 or 15
-------------------------- 30-4hr i enter on 5-15

post some charts of your trades and what you are saying so i can see

Pro,

most likely not going to come into 2% club---- i don't want to get into having to explain a lot of stuff when i am trying to trade--- trading up to 5 different pairs at times--on all time frames is almost too much for me and having to explain in real time would be too much

i may at a later date though

You don't have to explain anything... just give a head's up every now and then if you can.

Usually about 5 minutes before the hour, some of use tell what we see as potential setups.

i may do that

thanks tro

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:19 pm

deeforex wrote:I was trying to replicate/study MO's EU 4H chart. I couldn't figure out why our data looked different. I guess the feeds must be very different (but on a 4 hr level? Maybe different broker times). Well, I continued to do my angle studies and only after I was was getting ready to post the chart here did I realize that I did it for EurJPY!!!!

well here's my chart study. I still haven't a clue about Net, Weight, Hook. I'm still doing the basics. I now know there is something special about 90degree angle of the channel. Price likes to follow along this. This is like the center line of the diamond. From here the channel can change with the angles radiating out of the diamond center.

Ahh, as I was writing this I think I might see something. At first I was going to ask how we know if we will have a change in channel direction (up/down). How do we know that that we're going to have a down 20* rather than a up 20*?? Does this have to do with how the diamond is constructed? If the price is on the upper portion of the channel, the rays only go down? But if the price were on the lower portion, the channel could continue at half the angle and continue upward?

I still don't know how you know what point in time this channel will occur. I still can't see the patterns that occur when the channels intersect one another. Still studying.

edit:
Weight, Hook, Net

is Weight, support?
is Hook a change of channel near a 90* of channel? Price still inside of channel.
is Net where price is caught between 2 channels?

dee

[left]http://i42.tinypic.com/21e2qll.gif[/left]

Dee,

Looks like you are making some good progress with this.

I will start posting mine when i get into this some more----- cant trade and do this at same time-

going to get into this weekend

nice work

deeforex

Postby deeforex » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:02 pm

MightyOne wrote:We look through price (not along the outside edges to find channels):

ImageImage

ok, here's my EU 4H angle study. Just ignore my spare angled lines on the chart.

I based it off of the 1st pic (quoted), going off of the information that 3 angles were used. 38*, 19* and 9.5*. I had forgotten about the 2nd pic (quoted) when I drew my lines beyond the down 9.5* channel. I wasn't too far off. It seems that my channel width is different. MO, would you care to comment on how you determine channel width?

Could you also elaborate why the angle coming out of the 9.5* channel is 38*? Of course the market will do what ever it wants but would you have foreseen this in your Diamond of Perception? [edit: I now see from your 2nd pic how the angle transitioned from 9.5* to 19* before it made the sharp up channel of 38*]

Based upon X, X/2 I'm drawing where I think my future channel will be. I still haven't a clue about timing and when it will occur.

dee

[left]http://i40.tinypic.com/30ljecx.gif[/left]

kc8flq

Postby kc8flq » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 pm

MightyOne wrote:We look through price (not along the outside edges to find channels):

ImageImage

It looks like the weight represents the center of the upcomming channel and possible change in trend, then the is the movement that sets the lower edge of the channel, then the net is the upper edge.

I may be way out in left field..... or maybe out further in the parking lot :lol:
Give a man a fish.... feed him for a day...
Teach a man to fish.... feed him for a LIFETIME!!!

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:53 pm

es/pip
It takes MUCH more time to modify and post all these charts then It would to say looky here, we have a "mighty zone" on e/u 15m...... TRO does all the explaining and a few others throw out nuggets as they see fit. It's a lot of fun, kinda like hangin out with a bunch of drinking buddies. LOL
Most just post +xx pips here, + xxpips there, ect. Only takes a sec.
I'm not sure what you and MightyOne are afraid of???
You could log in and not say a word or if your mic shy you don't have to type a word....lol

I just thought it would be cool to have a little heads up on some extra pips with a great bank draining technique.

I'm really appreciative of all you guys help here for sure. You guys have spent untold amounts of time on this and should be commended BIG TIME. I see the MightyZone but it may be a while before I can pick up the angles thing.

Now all I've got to do is apply this MIGHTYZONE to my trading. Been so busy with BZ and Breakouts.
Thanks.

No one's gonna pester you as TRO won't allow it.......believe me, I'm in TIME-OUT as we speak.......Lost my mic privileges for jacking around and not following my Trading Plan.
It's great.
Procharged
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:13 pm

Ok dudes,
I'm gonna work on trading this technique.
Is this a 5m z-line trade or does the wick reach to far up into the Bearish engulfing pattern candle???
Thanks
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:42 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:es/pip
It takes MUCH more time to modify and post all these charts then It would to say looky here, we have a "mighty zone" on e/u 15m...... TRO does all the explaining and a few others throw out nuggets as they see fit. It's a lot of fun, kinda like hangin out with a bunch of drinking buddies. LOL
Most just post +xx pips here, + xxpips there, ect. Only takes a sec.
I'm not sure what you and MightyOne are afraid of???
You could log in and not say a word or if your mic shy you don't have to type a word....lol

I just thought it would be cool to have a little heads up on some extra pips with a great bank draining technique.

I'm really appreciative of all you guys help here for sure. You guys have spent untold amounts of time on this and should be commended BIG TIME. I see the MightyZone but it may be a while before I can pick up the angles thing.

Now all I've got to do is apply this MIGHTYZONE to my trading. Been so busy with BZ and Breakouts.
Thanks.

No one's gonna pester you as TRO won't allow it.......believe me, I'm in TIME-OUT as we speak.......Lost my mic privileges for jacking around and not following my Trading Plan.
It's great.
Procharged

it takes me like 4 sec to put those labels on the chart

i'm not scared of anything--- except an empty whiskey bottle

:D

ill come in there at some point

i assume not everyone in that room even knows what a zl or MZ even is

i just don't want to have to get into "why do you have the zone there", "why did u enter there", "why did u get out there"--- yada yada yada

i am still on skype with my es guys-- still trading some over there

between that, posting charts, trading 5 pairs on 4 time frames, drinking and listening to country music i am pretty tied up.

not sure what exactly u meant by

"I'm not sure what you and MightyOne are afraid of??? "

i'll just chalk that up to you forgetting to put a smiley after it.

:D

Return to “TheRumpledOne”