Patterns Observation.

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Branzo

Re: Patterns Observation.

Postby Branzo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:24 pm

Last edited by Branzo on Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Branzo

Postby Branzo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:24 pm

So far I have the 3LZZ, inside bar plot and multimeter (bias), am I right in saying that the 3LZZ shows how strong / weak a S&D area is by the number that is plotted?
Attachments
7CCA15FE-460C-4E71-B490-393CFB41E578.png
7CCA15FE-460C-4E71-B490-393CFB41E578.png (19.81 KiB) Viewed 1323 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:41 pm

Branzo wrote:After reading this forum from page 1 again, I think I’m going to give 3LZZ a go on the charts. I think I was failing before because of my short attention span, the 1M keeps me focused. Any pointers and advice on this?

My advice dont just watch the candles. Really pay attention to how it reacts and turns at certain points to go with your bias
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:27 pm

Branzo wrote:After reading this forum from page 1 again, I think I’m going to give 3LZZ a go on the charts. I think I was failing before because of my short attention span, the 1M keeps me focused. Any pointers and advice on this?

Some people on the LTF use the Semaphore as a break out, not a reversal, so they chase the Semaphore.

Recently I came across a picture from Dragon33 (who was big on here a few years ago), which showed how he did his method in Drain the Banks thread.
post21471?hilit=indicato#p21471

Tro has some tips in his videos, not sure which one it is of these but talks about using MTF's to catch the reversal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC0Cxrujov4&t=39s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnYLiQiorOQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcH9YORRUiQ

Alias, author of the Dead Horse Thread mentioned he has tried for a while on this technique but was not able to get good results from it.

Hope that helps.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:59 pm

3LZZ is nice to have to see the waves. Trading them is a different story, as Dragon pointed out, waiting will yield better results. I pay more attention when I see the 3 ball. Not that I enter immediately…sometimes it will be hours until you see that strong reversal momentum
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:34 am

kiwiarian wrote:

Some people on the LTF use the Semaphore as a break out, not a reversal, so they chase the Semaphore.

Recently I came across a picture from Dragon33 (who was big on here a few years ago), which showed how he did his method in Drain the Banks thread.

Tro has some tips in his videos, not sure which one it is of these but talks about using MTF's to catch the reversal

Alias, author of the Dead Horse Thread mentioned he has tried for a while on this technique but was not able to get good results from it.

Hope that helps.

I didn't like how the indicator repaints and all entries look optimal when it finally stays. I prefer points of reference that don't disappear then move.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:22 am

aliassmith wrote:
kiwiarian wrote:

Hope that helps.

I didn't like how the indicator repaints and all entries look optimal when it finally stays. I prefer points of reference that don't disappear then move.

It seems to get peoples hopes up easily with those big yellow signals.
After seeing Dragons example of the 1hr and waiting a while, I do have a 1 hr window up now as a point of reference.

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:37 am

BambinoFlex wrote:3LZZ is nice to have to see the waves. Trading them is a different story, as Dragon pointed out, waiting will yield better results. I pay more attention when I see the 3 ball. Not that I enter immediately…sometimes it will be hours until you see that strong reversal momentum

Yes. I talked about trade grading here. Also, there is a reason why big guns wait for those M/ W/ H&S/ QM patterns. I also already talked about this here.

kiwiarian wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
kiwiarian wrote:

Hope that helps.

After seeing Dragons example of the 1hr and waiting a while, I do have a 1 hr window up now as a point of reference.

Yes. Have your H1 and D1 open and look for entry in 1 min or 5.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:03 am

Don_xyZ wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:3LZZ is nice to have to see the waves. Trading them is a different story, as Dragon pointed out, waiting will yield better results. I pay more attention when I see the 3 ball. Not that I enter immediately…sometimes it will be hours until you see that strong reversal momentum

Yes. I talked about trade grading here. Also, there is a reason why big guns wait for those M/ W/ H&S/ QM patterns. I also already talked about this here.

kiwiarian wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

So Don, if you don't mind me asking, what was your big light bulb moment in your early days that put you on to keeping your accounts in the positive?

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:30 am

kiwiarian wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:

kiwiarian wrote:It seems to get peoples hopes up easily with those big yellow signals.

So Don, if you don't mind me asking, what was your big light bulb moment in your early days that put you on to keeping your accounts in the positive?

That's a tough question.

The proper answer would be it's a journey. Cliche, I know. But there's really no other words to describe it. I wouldn't be able to see things the way I do now without this journey. Much like 1st grade elementary student won't be able to solve 7th grade math problems because he hasn't even journeyed the 2nd, 3rd, ~ 7th grade yet; this mirrors exactly my experience and I believe the seniors' here too. One experience builds the next one.

Problem is, everyone's journey is different. Traders will start in different places because they have their strengths and weaknesses. That's why I said traders must assemble their vehicle properly. If you want to build a family car then gather the appropriate car parts. If sports car, then their parts. I am a very aggressive trader so I have an aggressive trading style, aggressive money management, aggressive tf, aggressive TP, aggressive SL, aggressive entry trigger, aggressive tools and my WIL is thick with stuff that caters to my aggressiveness. Why WIL? Coz things happen so you must be prepared. Some days you get crazy big profit, some others, lose money.

So then, is my stuff useful for everyone? Absolutely!

Someone who is very conservative can use my anchor trade. Just use a bigger tf and bigger backbone combo and/ or use a much smaller risk. Problem solved. You will have new and different problems though for example something like missed opportunities due to sleep (in the case of using H1 or H4 as your entry trigger instead of 1 minute) and as for WIL... there's really not much I can help with because this is the journey, your journey. I already put a guideline and general ideas of what WIL is and what must be inside of it. Everything's out in the open in this thread.

Hope this touched your question.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Return to “beginners forum”