Here's how MightyOne made me a profitable trader

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

BambinoFlex

Re: Here's how MightyOne made me a profitable trader

Postby BambinoFlex » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:22 am

Though AUDCAD looked great, I opted for AUDUSD. Reason is last weeks missed pivot on most USD pairs. Here's a screen shot of my entry, which would have been similar on AUDCAD, and I might still do it depending on timing of it all. Note that most of the time, it won't be until LONDON that we will see greater movement. Today has been kinda early so I expect ranging until then.

I'm now on my 5min chart and I'm using my 4hr pivot (1hr is just there, haven't found a way to implement them). I draw boxes on ranges, these are breakouts on the 5min, not sure if the same as Z-Lines. I draw them to help me "see" stop losses and also create the opportunity for my scaling in. There was a post MO posted. He used the DragonAshi candles and it had an A - B - C format where B was weakness and C was the stop hunt. That's where I got the idea for these boxes. I can either scalp and build up my space or hold if momentum picks up.
Attachments
AUDUSD.png
AUDUSD.png (21.42 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:27 am

kiwiarian wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:
kiwiarian wrote:Nice post thanks. So for D1R1, A,B and D is that a short entry or your target?

A, B, D at the top, is my entry. My target is the daily pivot. D is my best case scenario which is really rare so I need something else to make me think there is enough gas in the tank for the day to create that type of bar.

Nice. So with having multiple pairs on your watchlist would you hope to get one or two trades a day then (one per symbol if there is a setup) ?

Yes, as the day progresses I'll start noticing more things. For example, EURAUD is at S1 with a missed daily pivot, this fits in correlation for a weakening AUD in which my AUDCAD or AUDUSD can benefit from. I don't look for correlation but it's in the back of my mind. Sometimes, I might have two positions, one in AUDUSD and one in AUDCAD for example, and the AUDCAD will reach target vs AUDUSD doesn't but due to them being a correlated, I might exit my AUDUSD with a smaller profit. I'm sure if you've been trading for a few years you've seen this happen.

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:44 am

BambinoFlex wrote:
kiwiarian wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:
A, B, D at the top, is my entry. My target is the daily pivot. D is my best case scenario which is really rare so I need something else to make me think there is enough gas in the tank for the day to create that type of bar.

Nice. So with having multiple pairs on your watchlist would you hope to get one or two trades a day then (one per symbol if there is a setup) ?

Yes, as the day progresses I'll start noticing more things. For example, EURAUD is at S1 with a missed daily pivot, this fits in correlation for a weakening AUD in which my AUDCAD or AUDUSD can benefit from. I don't look for correlation but it's in the back of my mind. Sometimes, I might have two positions, one in AUDUSD and one in AUDCAD for example, and the AUDCAD will reach target vs AUDUSD doesn't but due to them being a correlated, I might exit my AUDUSD with a smaller profit. I'm sure if you've been trading for a few years you've seen this happen.

OK makes sense thanks, a bit of averaging or having eggs in more than one basket.
I'm sure if you've been trading for a few years you've seen this happen.

I've been learning for a few years so not that intimate with multiple currencies yet :)

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:53 am

That's usually how it ends up working out. When I'm wrong, that's when I start paying more attention to make sure I'm not over leveraging.

In a perfect world, I will have small losses and wins large enough to push my account up. MO was very experienced and small losses are definitely just as great as a big win. With my entry, I'm using the sword and shield mentality. I'm aggressive in my position and if price continues in my favor I will use the sword to add more. If price ranges and wicks start forming (buying) then I will take out my shield and be on defense until I can see an opening or I close my position where its at.

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:39 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:Though AUDCAD looked great, I opted for AUDUSD. Reason is last weeks missed pivot on most USD pairs. Here's a screen shot of my entry, which would have been similar on AUDCAD, and I might still do it depending on timing of it all. Note that most of the time, it won't be until LONDON that we will see greater movement. Today has been kinda early so I expect ranging until then.

I'm now on my 5min chart and I'm using my 4hr pivot (1hr is just there, haven't found a way to implement them). I draw boxes on ranges, these are breakouts on the 5min, not sure if the same as Z-Lines. I draw them to help me "see" stop losses and also create the opportunity for my scaling in. There was a post MO posted. He used the DragonAshi candles and it had an A - B - C format where B was weakness and C was the stop hunt. That's where I got the idea for these boxes. I can either scalp and build up my space or hold if momentum picks up.

About the boxes, for the width, do they have a time element to them, ie set amount of candles that you draw them or does it change depending on the structure?

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:21 pm

Those boxes are my newest addition in helping me using the smaller timeframes. I use the 2XCCHAHA (I think that’s it) indicator that MO posted. I’ll share it later today once I’m home from work.

It’s a way for me to mechanically draw the charts. Once you see the picture, you’ll know what I mean.

As for how long the box is, that depends on what’s happening. Sometimes the 5min bars start “ranging” but in reality it’s creating a higher timeframe range. I’ll show you later. It’s all new to me so I’m still playing with it but I think it helps me see those breakouts better

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:10 am

kiwiarian wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:Though AUDCAD looked great, I opted for AUDUSD. Reason is last weeks missed pivot on most USD pairs. Here's a screen shot of my entry, which would have been similar on AUDCAD, and I might still do it depending on timing of it all. Note that most of the time, it won't be until LONDON that we will see greater movement. Today has been kinda early so I expect ranging until then.

About the boxes, for the width, do they have a time element to them, ie set amount of candles that you draw them or does it change depending on the structure?

This is just something I'm exploring. As mentioned before, there was a post where MO was testing out some stuff with the DragonAshi bars (wish I could find it again) and then ProCharged commented about Master and Slave candles in regards to inside bars. I put those two ideas together and this is what I found with the 2xCC bars. Look at the blue lines. They are "master" candles. Pro has a post with a pdf that goes more into detail.
Attachments
MasterandSlaveCandles.png
MasterandSlaveCandles.png (16.96 KiB) Viewed 2099 times

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:17 am

BambinoFlex wrote:Those boxes are my newest addition in helping me using the smaller timeframes. I use the 2XCCHAHA (I think that’s it) indicator that MO posted. I’ll share it later today once I’m home from work.

It’s a way for me to mechanically draw the charts. Once you see the picture, you’ll know what I mean.

As for how long the box is, that depends on what’s happening. Sometimes the 5min bars start “ranging” but in reality it’s creating a higher timeframe range. I’ll show you later. It’s all new to me so I’m still playing with it but I think it helps me see those breakouts better

Here's some info on the time elements of a box which is something a bit different again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiXh6FwQjzE

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:22 am

BambinoFlex wrote:
kiwiarian wrote:

This is just something I'm exploring. As mentioned before, there was a post where MO was testing out some stuff with the DragonAshi bars (wish I could find it again) and then ProCharged commented about Master and Slave candles in regards to inside bars. I put those two ideas together and this is what I found with the 2xCC bars. Look at the blue lines. They are "master" candles. Pro has a post with a pdf that goes more into detail.

Ok interesting, this is not like anything I have come across before, will do a bit of hunting to see what this is all about. Cheers.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:22 pm

kiwiarian wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:Those boxes are my newest addition in helping me using the smaller timeframes. I use the 2XCCHAHA (I think that’s it) indicator that MO posted. I’ll share it later today once I’m home from work.

Here's some info on the time elements of a box which is something a bit different again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiXh6FwQjzE

Great video, it reminded me a lot of MO DOP (Diamond of Perception). I didn't go deep into it but what I understood was similar to this video. The video just makes it a lost easier to visualize.

Here's a link I posted a while back https://algotrading-investment.com/2020 ... -analysis/

It's related to this idea.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”