Patterns Observation.

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith

Re: Micro SUPPA, a trading journey?

Postby aliassmith » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:52 am

Don_xyZ wrote:Yesterday I also have a very interesting day with a big bang. The first trade that I want to talk about is the 6R give or take and it produced roughly 35% (with 1% per pip risk). It was a trade taken with a mini ascending triangle pattern in mind for the completion. The other trade is the anchor trade that procured 148% (with 2% per pip risk). But let's dive into these trades so this post will be useful for you. I already mentioned before that patterns can morph mid-way or even fail completely. You can see the underlying market situation that still follows the previous detailed post I made. The overall vibe from the D1 is still there so keep this in mind. I had some other scalp trades during and after the Mini Ascending Triangle but there was no scalp trade after I put the anchor trade. Overall, the market gave me 188% yesterday.

So the important stuff, the charts...

For the D1 you can still refer to the chart I previously posted because it's still relevant.

H1

EURUSDH1 patterns are good for your pocket.png

The price is still playing at the bottom trend line and in here we already have several broken patterns. Initially I though the W pattern will prevail but it failed and then Flag pattern also failed making the bearish trend continuation void. And then we have a possible Ascending Triangle pattern on the horizon and this coincide with the view that the big trend line from D1 is still valid. The pattern is small it's not worth taking if you are on a bigger tf. I took the trade on the M1 tf and the SL is too big with roughly 5 pips (4.7 pips or so). Where is the target? The target stis comfortably on the Resistance level from the previous day on H1. I was a bit hesitant to take the full measure of the Resistance level so I took the trade off the market just a few pips shy ending with around 35 pips. I thought this might be a pullback before the price drop even further.

As the price drop from the top of the day's range I noticed a potential Inverted H&S pattern which still sit neatly around the bottom trend line from the D1 tf. I took a chance this time with full force at 2% risk per pip. The target is the obvious 1st box that I described in the previous detailed post (please refer to it if you don't follow). Also, it conveniently sit where the origin of the Supply zone is. I finished with 74 pips that generated 148%.

M1

EURUSDM1 entries.png

I really, really hope you guys can digest this post and that other detailed post. Patterns are simple but simple never means easy. The constant search might drain you in the beginning but as you continue doing it and progress, everything will become less burdensome. Picture yourself getting this kind of return and you'll get it. I can teach you exactly how I do it but if you yourself never think it's possible to achieve something grand then chances are you'll never get it. There are some restriction as for the % gains for some but the pip count and R is very much achievable.

@Yirbu

Yes, 1 method, 1 pair, 1 session. This post is the supporting evidence for you. Diversifying is not my thing. Why? If you start with the word diversify it means you are afraid and are taking a measure to blunt the risk. Fear and risk can be reduced by gaining knowledge, stats and experience. Once you have all of those things you should be "freed" but why do many people still have fear? It's because there is still one barrier...the mind. I already mentioned Tom Hougaard's YT channel before but if you're not familiar yet you should go there. And also Oliver Velez YT. They represent the view of aggressive traders. Hopefully, it can open your mind so you can let it work wonders for your benefit.

Gonna take early weekend now. Enjoy the learning!

I always tell people the same 1 method, 1 pair, 1 session. BUT they aren't making money consistently or at all and they start looking at other pairs or methods.

I traded EURUSD a lot during US morning until I figured out what I was doing. Now I look at EU GU AJ plus the 3 indexes

I will also say 1 method all day, 10+ pairs if you trade dailies or something high timeframe.

Nice post! 8)
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:51 am

Don_xyZ wrote:Yesterday I also have a very interesting day with a big bang. The first trade that I want to talk about is the 6R give or take and it produced roughly 35% (with 1% per pip risk). It was a trade taken with a mini ascending triangle pattern in mind for the completion. The other trade is the anchor trade that procured 148% (with 2% per pip risk). But let's dive into these trades so this post will be useful for you. I already mentioned before that patterns can morph mid-way or even fail completely. You can see the underlying market situation that still follows the previous detailed post I made. The overall vibe from the D1 is still there so keep this in mind. I had some other scalp trades during and after the Mini Ascending Triangle but there was no scalp trade after I put the anchor trade. Overall, the market gave me 188% yesterday.

So the important stuff, the charts...

For the D1 you can still refer to the chart I previously posted because it's still relevant.

H1

EURUSDH1 patterns are good for your pocket.png

The price is still playing at the bottom trend line and in here we already have several broken patterns. Initially I though the W pattern will prevail but it failed and then Flag pattern also failed making the bearish trend continuation void. And then we have a possible Ascending Triangle pattern on the horizon and this coincide with the view that the big trend line from D1 is still valid. The pattern is small it's not worth taking if you are on a bigger tf. I took the trade on the M1 tf and the SL is too big with roughly 5 pips (4.7 pips or so). Where is the target? The target stis comfortably on the Resistance level from the previous day on H1. I was a bit hesitant to take the full measure of the Resistance level so I took the trade off the market just a few pips shy ending with around 35 pips. I thought this might be a pullback before the price drop even further.

As the price drop from the top of the day's range I noticed a potential Inverted H&S pattern which still sit neatly around the bottom trend line from the D1 tf. I took a chance this time with full force at 2% risk per pip. The target is the obvious 1st box that I described in the previous detailed post (please refer to it if you don't follow). Also, it conveniently sit where the origin of the Supply zone is. I finished with 74 pips that generated 148%.

M1

EURUSDM1 entries.png

I really, really hope you guys can digest this post and that other detailed post. Patterns are simple but simple never means easy. The constant search might drain you in the beginning but as you continue doing it and progress, everything will become less burdensome. Picture yourself getting this kind of return and you'll get it. I can teach you exactly how I do it but if you yourself never think it's possible to achieve something grand then chances are you'll never get it. There are some restriction as for the % gains for some but the pip count and R is very much achievable.

@Yirbu

Yes, 1 method, 1 pair, 1 session. This post is the supporting evidence for you. Diversifying is not my thing. Why? If you start with the word diversify it means you are afraid and are taking a measure to blunt the risk. Fear and risk can be reduced by gaining knowledge, stats and experience. Once you have all of those things you should be "freed" but why do many people still have fear? It's because there is still one barrier...the mind. I already mentioned Tom Hougaard's YT channel before but if you're not familiar yet you should go there. And also Oliver Velez YT. They represent the view of aggressive traders. Hopefully, it can open your mind so you can let it work wonders for your benefit.

Gonna take early weekend now. Enjoy the learning!

Very nice post Don. Thx!
I immediately could see some interesting things and some things clicked in my head.
For sure I will have some learning to do during the weekend. And I am looking forward to it.

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:15 pm

Today I just had to try and play with these thoughts.
I dad some losses on my deadhorse today and I wasn't able to trade the US session so I knew I couldn't make my losses back today.

I found 2 setups which fit my first understanding of the setup; one on gold and one on GU.
Both pairs were trending down on the daily, both had a retrace on the daily and both had the hourly starting making lower lows again so price might be returning on it's previous way down.

On Gold I could see double top and a triangle.
Plan was to get in at the top of the triangle in the grey box....I did, but I got stopped out on the retrace and couldn't get back in.
New plan was to wait for a break and retest of the base of the triangle/double top base and get in somewhere over there.
Unfortunately I got in too early at the red line and because I had to leave I just left it there with a small position.
NFP stopped me out...but price went in the right direction (NFP backed)!

Gold.png
Gold.png (243.05 KiB) Viewed 1455 times

Gold-.jpg
Gold-.jpg (218.11 KiB) Viewed 1455 times

On GU I didn't see a pattern but price took out the asian session's high.
I got in there with a small position, got out on BE when price retraced...got in again with a slightly bigger position but a smaller SL.
Now obviously NFP helped me and the fact that I was away and couldn't see what was happening helped me even more.
I would also have have been able to get into this trade using the deadhorse on m1.

Holy Shit.jpg
Holy Shit.jpg (234.15 KiB) Viewed 1455 times

Are these trades/setups according to the general idea?
D1 and H1 align.... a pattern...a scalp on a known entry?

Have a nice weekend all.

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:02 am

Yirbu wrote:Today I just had to try and play with these thoughts.
I dad some losses on my deadhorse today and I wasn't able to trade the US session so I knew I couldn't make my losses back today.

I found 2 setups which fit my first understanding of the setup; one on gold and one on GU.
Both pairs were trending down on the daily, both had a retrace on the daily and both had the hourly starting making lower lows again so price might be returning on it's previous way down.

On Gold I could see double top and a triangle.
Plan was to get in at the top of the triangle in the grey box....I did, but I got stopped out on the retrace and couldn't get back in.
New plan was to wait for a break and retest of the base of the triangle/double top base and get in somewhere over there.
Unfortunately I got in too early at the red line and because I had to leave I just left it there with a small position.
NFP stopped me out...but price went in the right direction (NFP backed)!

Gold.png

Gold-.jpg

On GU I didn't see a pattern but price took out the asian session's high.
I got in there with a small position, got out on BE when price retraced...got in again with a slightly bigger position but a smaller SL.
Now obviously NFP helped me and the fact that I was away and couldn't see what was happening helped me even more.
I would also have have been able to get into this trade using the deadhorse on m1.

Holy s**t.jpg

Are these trades/setups according to the general idea?
D1 and H1 align.... a pattern...a scalp on a known entry?

Have a nice weekend all.

D1 on XAUUSD is up. H1 has double top, it’s a reversal pattern. Descending tirangle is a continuation pattern not teversal.

D1 on GU is down. H1 is down. Double top on H1, reversal pattern.

Yes, that’s the general idea.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:34 pm

Yesterday I tried scalping the Dow and EU like Tom on the M1 on my test account but the result is not there yet. Gonna spend more time on this. Quick scalping like this is not my forte but there is a time and place to do this style so I need to expand again.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:35 pm

Yesterday and today I was trying to understand how a trade like you explained would look like.
Today I tried a setup on Gold.
The idea was to see if I could get an anchortrade and keep it until the usd cpi news.

I could see the daily and H1 were in an uptrend.
The M15 had printed a double bottom yesterday.
Price went up first but returned and was now back at the double bottom zone where it reacted two times before.
(grey area on chart)

Gold10aug.png
Gold10aug.png (247.91 KiB) Viewed 1226 times

Right after Frankfurt open price broke the asian session low (red line on chart) and reversed.
I waited for the m1 to make a HL and entered.
Soon after that price went up hard so I knew something was right.
Price came back...went up again and came back once more. I exited half of my position right before BE but price immediately went up again.
Al the way up to the high of the asian session just above the daily open.
Price stalled and reacted quite violently at the level so I closed my position just below +15R
As it looked like price was going down again so I took a short and managed to get another +3R (If it's not going up, it's going down)

220810 - XAUUSDM5.png
220810 - XAUUSDM5.png (162.37 KiB) Viewed 1226 times

In the first place I was happy that my trade went more or less as I planned it could go.
I closed it when it was obvious to close and I shorted it when it was obvious to short it.

Are there any thought errors in this trade? Was this the idea or was I just lucky?

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:44 am

Yesterday is also a good example of my anchor trade.
I hope you caught that one as well.
The trade recorded 75R all the way to the black line I drew on the post prior to the last post. SL size was 1.8 pips. Why? I have my What Ifs List (WIL).

Enough chat, now chart...

For D1 chart, you can check the post prior to the latest post. That's where you'll find the origin of the black line on H1 below.

H1

I think I don't need to explain too much. The previous pattern (symmetrical triangle) was broken and it's being fortified by the pullback with a faster pace. Also when the price fell there is now a potential for an ascending triangle if the price bounces back from the lower trend line. Now, see how the candles got smaller every time they got near the lower trend line? Contrast this with how the price approach the upper trend line and you'll see where the power lies. Now we have a very strong case to base our decision for the anchor trade.

Oh, the bias after the Asian session that I marked with the indicator was Bullish.

"How? The chart is clearly showing Bearish momentum." Short answer, WIL.

EURUSDH1 yesterday latest.png
EURUSDH1 yesterday latest.png (100.05 KiB) Viewed 1182 times

M1

The entry is the same and the target is the big, it's the black line. It's only possible to target such vast distance (R wise) if you have something from the D1 and H1. Even if you see the target you won't be able to just target them if you don't believe you can get it. We all see the origin of the black line from the D1 but how come you don't target it even though the reasoning is all there? It's because you don't think it will get there even though the chart is screaming at you. Look left on your chart (D1 and H1).

EURUSDM1 yesterday lateest.png
EURUSDM1 yesterday lateest.png (45.04 KiB) Viewed 1182 times

Knowledge. Stats. Trust. Take the risk. Wipe clean the pips from those sessions.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:28 am

Don_xyZ wrote:Yesterday is also a good example of my anchor trade.
I hope you caught that one as well.
The trade recorded 75R all the way to the black line I drew on the post prior to the last post. SL size was 1.8 pips. Why? I have my What Ifs List (WIL).

Enough chat, now chart...

For D1 chart, you can check the post prior to the latest post. That's where you'll find the origin of the black line on H1 below.

H1

I think I don't need to explain too much. The previous pattern (symmetrical triangle) was broken and it's being fortified by the pullback with a faster pace. Also when the price fell there is now a potential for an ascending triangle if the price bounces back from the lower trend line. Now, see how the candles got smaller every time they got near the lower trend line? Contrast this with how the price approach the upper trend line and you'll see where the power lies. Now we have a very strong case to base our decision for the anchor trade.

Oh, the bias after the Asian session that I marked with the indicator was Bullish.

"How? The chart is clearly showing Bearish momentum." Short answer, WIL.

EURUSDH1 yesterday latest.png

M1

The entry is the same and the target is the big, it's the black line. It's only possible to target such vast distance (R wise) if you have something from the D1 and H1. Even if you see the target you won't be able to just target them if you don't believe you can get it. We all see the origin of the black line from the D1 but how come you don't target it even though the reasoning is all there? It's because you don't think it will get there even though the chart is screaming at you. Look left on your chart (D1 and H1).

EURUSDM1 yesterday lateest.png

Knowledge. Stats. Trust. Take the risk. Wipe clean the pips from those sessions.

This is clear.
No, I didn't catch or even saw this one. Mainly because I was too busy with my gold trade and doing a deadhorse with the EU.
I did see how EU took out the Asian sessions low before it rallied up. Guess I need to be sharper next time.
Thanks!

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:59 am

Yirbu wrote:Yesterday and today I was trying to understand how a trade like you explained would look like.
Today I tried a setup on Gold.
The idea was to see if I could get an anchortrade and keep it until the usd cpi news.

I could see the daily and H1 were in an uptrend.
The M15 had printed a double bottom yesterday.
Price went up first but returned and was now back at the double bottom zone where it reacted two times before.
(grey area on chart)

Gold10aug.png

Right after Frankfurt open price broke the asian session low (red line on chart) and reversed.
I waited for the m1 to make a HL and entered.
Soon after that price went up hard so I knew something was right.
Price came back...went up again and came back once more. I exited half of my position right before BE but price immediately went up again.
Al the way up to the high of the asian session just above the daily open.
Price stalled and reacted quite violently at the level so I closed my position just below +15R
As it looked like price was going down again so I took a short and managed to get another +3R (If it's not going up, it's going down)

220810 - XAUUSDM5.png

In the first place I was happy that my trade went more or less as I planned it could go.
I closed it when it was obvious to close and I shorted it when it was obvious to short it.

Are there any thought errors in this trade? Was this the idea or was I just lucky?

For the first trade, I don't do like that. You are talking about taking a trade using conventional S/R and/or S/D method and that way of taking the trade is a correct one because you have previous level of S/R and there is also that S/D area. I though, use that idea on the big time frame (H1 and D1).

For the second trade, not exactly how I do it but I see that you already grasp the general idea. That kind of trade alone can make millions for you. You're on the right path.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:06 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:
For the first trade, I don't do like that. You are talking about taking a trade using conventional S/R and/or S/D method and that way of taking the trade is a correct one because you have previous level of S/R and there is also that S/D area. I though, use that idea on the big time frame (H1 and D1).

For the second trade, not exactly how I do it but I see that you already grasp the general idea. That kind of trade alone can make millions for you. You're on the right path.

For the first trade I actually had an idea of the bigger TF. It's the triangle that is still in play today. But because I was looking for extra confirmation I think I got lost in doing that.
For the second trade... I was a bit late, twice. Because I should have been in at the 50% line I decided to go for the low of the white bar (sort of ftr trade) but was a bit late again.
Today I am trying gold again and I have EJ at play.
Because I have seen how gold can come all the way back yesterday I might close it before the news.

Return to “beginners forum”