Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:51 pm

@mthomas

Actually those lines are no "entry lines". They're zero lines. Or at least that is what I was aiming for... Zerolines are breakout lines, right? And that's what the indicator should paint. BTW, the lines get deleted if price closes across them to avoid the screen becoming a mess. That may be the reason why some tradeable lines aren't there any more.
The indicator is coded correctly as far as my understanding is concerned. The problem is that my understanding obviously is wrong. :D
Like I said, I'd be glad to hear what needs to be fixed.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:17 pm

I thought zero lines were a point in time where price agrees to reverse. We run out of buyers/sellers depending on direction. Usually you will have some wicks that tested a higher/lower price but could not hold. At this point we are headed the other way.
We are now "zeroed out".

The second body would be our body in the direction of profit. The third body may also wick the upper/lower region but will usually not push as far into the previous one/two wicks. Most of the time the first two bodies' close/open are within a pip or two of each other. The third open is in the direction of profit.
Time to ride.

Lets see,
Bullish/bearish engulfing patterns?
Harami's?
Piecing patterns?
Dark cloud covers?
Shooting stars/hammers?
Morning and midnight stars?

They all seem to exhibit some of the qualities above to me.
That is, if they are at the END of a trend, even a short one, and actually forecast a reversal.
This close?????
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:46 pm

blubbb wrote:@mthomas

Actually those lines are no "entry lines". They're zero lines. Or at least that is what I was aiming for... Zerolines are breakout lines, right? And that's what the indicator should paint. BTW, the lines get deleted if price closes across them to avoid the screen becoming a mess. That may be the reason why some tradeable lines aren't there any more.
The indicator is coded correctly as far as my understanding is concerned. The problem is that my understanding obviously is wrong. :D

zero lines are not exactly b/o lines

they are where traders are sitting in a trade with profit

i could draw more---bec there are more---but it would get mental

just look at a chart and think to yourself where did most traders get long/short in this move---and thats the ZL

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:06 pm

i do not know the first thing about coding.

but i am not so sure that you can make a computer see what the human eye sees

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:48 pm

Interesting es/pip,

From what I SEE the green lines are ZERO lines. Either traders are out of cash or hold wads of cash fixin to be dropped into the market.
The entire body going toward YOUR z-line is showing held profit so I couldn't say things were z'd out.
Looks like a good place to get in on the 2nd candle. Either after the body/wick in direction of loss starts to retrace toward your direction of profit or just as the body starts to form in direction of profit.
If one got in at "my" z-line, which I've been trying to do with eradict success, they would have to be forecasting the future. More reward but also more risk.

Ok, so after getting in at your/mighty's z-line now you are just watching to see that the bodies maintain good size and force. Shrinking bodies, time to bail.
This it?????
Procharged.

Oops, here's the pic.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:05 pm

From what I SEE this will only work in a 2ish-candle trending market.
Consolidation and your dead. This is war isn't it?

I've been trying to figure out a way to ride the bodies and wick extension for a while. This is it.

Way back when Mightyone said:"*"
Dang, wish I could find what he told his friends about this......
entering on ???/exiting on extremes,.......
Mightyone, please re-post that as I can't find the printout of what you stated.

I will jump ship at every candle that starts to reverse against direction of profit. Wait on it to start wick formation or just until the body in direction of profit starts to form. It's only 1.5-2 pips to get back in and you don't have to sit through much draw down. Do this only if the bodies are still of sufficient size. Would make the long runs easier to stomach.

Granted you'll leave some on the table and have some losses but that's a lot better than missing a 100+pip run as I do regularly.

es/pip
See what the human see's?
A computer would only have to see a bodies close "after" a trend reversal. Trend would be subjective and would have to be set up with ma crossovers or something like that.
Me thinks anyway.

That's like all those candle patterns I listed above. They are crap and do not work if there is not a prior trend. In small box ranges, triangles, flags, consolidation, they show only a neutral or refreshing market sentiment.

Procharged

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:35 pm

If one got in at "my" z-line, which I've been trying to do with eradict success, they would have to be forecasting the future. More reward but also more risk.

I think this is the very thing that "stove up" or "iced over" my trigger finger.

It would usually take 3 or 4 losses before the thing would get warmed up enough (or maybe I'd get pissed off and angry) Shhhhh, don't tell anyone I was cussin the computer screen and talking to horizontal lines, for me to start following trend and also start to make back the pips lost. Then I'd get overzealous with 6-10 wins in a row and end up with 20,30,40+ trades in 2-3 hrs. But then I'd go right back in the hole as I was not on the lookout for consolidation phases.

Monday will be fun.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:04 pm

es/pip wrote:
blubbb wrote:@mthomas

zero lines are not exactly b/o lines

they are where traders are sitting in a trade with profit

i could draw more---bec there are more---but it would get mental

just look at a chart and think to yourself where did most traders get long/short in this move---and thats the ZL

well they are b/o lines sometimes and sometimes it makes more sense to put them in another place that may be under or over what the perceived b/o is

i guess i just cannot explain this in words :(

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:14 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:Interesting es/pip,

From what I SEE the green lines are ZERO lines. Either traders are out of cash or hold wads of cash fixin to be dropped into the market.
The entire body going toward YOUR z-line is showing held profit so I couldn't say things were z'd out.
Looks like a good place to get in on the 2nd candle. Either after the body/wick in direction of loss starts to retrace toward your direction of profit or just as the body starts to form in direction of profit.

Ok, so after getting in at your/mighty's z-line now you are just watching to see that the bodies maintain good size and force. Shrinking bodies, time to bail.
This it?????
Procharged.

Oops, here's the pic.

i do not see the green lines as a place that a lot of traders would be holding onto a profit

This it?????
Procharged.

my zlines drawn----are zlines-----i am not nec. just blindly entering at the lines---------need a 1-2 setup on smaller time frame or i would average into it

i really think that i just cannot explain this at all

:(

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:35 pm

MightyOne wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:MightyOne,
So where did you buy in, 2825 or did you get in near the 2832 area?
I take it you sat through the -15 pip wick of the 3rd 15m candle in the hr.
Did you exit at 2800 or is this just an example of price action and how it works?
What did you think of the 1st M15 ?"doji"? that was basically the entire length of the 1 hr candle when the wicks were included.

I had a really bad day today.
Try -135 on real account. Worst ever.
Account has gone from 840 to 1046 to 350ish.
I should get good now that I'm below $400 being I'll be in conservation mode. LOL
NOT

Really,
thanks for all the info. Please keep posting. I'm reading this stuff non-stop and have printed out over 400 pages to carry around with me. I print the new stuff daily.

I can see some things. I can scalp 1m candles for 1-5 pips and get a lot of wins in a row. That's what I started doing on a demo the last few hrs being things slowed down. Seems easy to read direction when all that is in front of me is candles and I'm focused on movement/direction only.
On the scalping trades I was 26 out of 38 trades in profit.
This is the only way I can seem to get in a grove or make any headway.

WHAT GIVES.
Any Ideas?
Procharged

I didn't sit through any draw down what so ever...

Your biggest problem is that you are going for 1-5 pips.
Unless you have over $250,000, STP, discounted commissions, and are a professional level trader it is not likely that you will be a profitable trading for less than 5 pips.

You need to size your stops so that you don't get wicked on some random spike while at the same time doing every thing in your power to
exit at an even smaller loss.

When sitting with a profit you need to be thinking about exiting on extremes and immediately throwing out limit orders at a better price on the current candles.
While the getting is good keep getting...

I always told my trading buddies the following:

Price moves from entries to exits and back to entries;
exit on extremes, enter on stops, exit on extremes.

They repeated it back to me, but I don't think that it ever sank in :(

pro,

here is that post

Return to “TheRumpledOne”