BONZ. Using technical indicators to trade.

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith

Re: BONZ. Using MA to trade.

Postby aliassmith » Mon May 23, 2022 7:24 am

Don_xyZ wrote:I'm checking my chart and apparently Bitcoin and the gang fell so hard. That's a lot of wealth wiped out. I pity those who came in late especially the old ones.

I daytraded bitcoin but never would I buy and hold. Last time I used it it wasn't practical for making purchases.

I was very close to picking the tops of Doge and Shiba. I advised people to take their money and run but apparently it is going to make them a millionaire. Most of them lost money and some made a few dollars.

Those alt coins, crypto, non fungable tokens, virtual money, all seem like fake schemes to con people out of money.

I'll stick to fiat, futures, and equities markes. At least they are the devil I know.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon May 23, 2022 7:28 am

aliassmith wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
I threw some basic numbers on and worked from there. I have studied MA and found that one isn't necessarily better than another when it comes to minor adjustments. I figured it was close by only looking.

I thought you would need to add the candles back to get a better idea of SL and TP, although DCHappy uses a line chart when he trades so I could be wrong.

I have done some algo stuff in the past. Getting an algo to do exactly what you want might seem simple at first. Sometimes simple becomes hundreds of lines of code. I have found if I can get an Algo close, and it alerts me, I can be the final decision maker in the process. I get an alert on my phone. I open my MT5 app on my phone and make a decision.

If I had a Blackbox algo that makes 10% a month, I wouldn't be trading.
Run that Algo on enough size to make $1 million a month would be fine.
Alright I'm a liar, I love trading so I probably still would trade.

Yeah, I like 7 so I put it there. Yeah, could be. SL optimization is necessary.

When it comes to EA, the more you know, the longer the final lines will be lolz
If an idea is complex enough then an indicator version with alert is good enough, yes.

I need to work my brain coz my stuff is already boring. Thinking about ideas creates excitement a little bit and at least it’s money-generating ideas so it can be useful.

Im not sure if an indy can send the alert I would need to check.

Yes working puzzles can be entertaining.

I haven't found a lot of info on MT5 but so far I don't see indicators doing push notifications. I have seen them in EA tho.

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Tue May 24, 2022 12:02 pm

aliassmith wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:
Yeah, I like 7 so I put it there. Yeah, could be. SL optimization is necessary.

When it comes to EA, the more you know, the longer the final lines will be lolz
If an idea is complex enough then an indicator version with alert is good enough, yes.

I need to work my brain coz my stuff is already boring. Thinking about ideas creates excitement a little bit and at least it’s money-generating ideas so it can be useful.

I haven't found a lot of info on MT5 but so far I don't see indicators doing push notifications. I have seen them in EA tho.

Oh, I don't know anything about MT5. You need this for 5ers, right?
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue May 24, 2022 12:25 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

MT5 is on 5ers, FTMO, and MFF. I didn't like MT5 at first but now I like it better than MT4. AMP Futures offers it also for futures trading.

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Tue May 24, 2022 12:53 pm

EURUSDM1 bonz.png
EURUSDM1 bonz.png (83.16 KiB) Viewed 3556 times

GBPUSDM1 bonz.png
GBPUSDM1 bonz.png (73.2 KiB) Viewed 3556 times

The thing with letting it go completely on autopilot is... you can't control certain things that require brain judgment. The amount of casualties in both examples is quite heavy. Trend-following strategy tends to work better during trending moments and it can't react fast enough to quick momentum shift. Also, I am not capable to code my fractal into EA lolz So maybe turning this thing into an indicator is a much better option like Alias said because then, I will have much more control over the trade decision.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Tue May 24, 2022 12:59 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

MT5 is on 5ers, FTMO, and MFF. I didn't like MT5 at first but now I like it better than MT4. AMP Futures offers it also for futures trading.

Owh, right. I saw them offer MT5. From the capabilities that MT5 offer, I think it has superiority over MT4 but the majority of people are still using MT4. I tried looking for MT5 online course but ended up learning MT4 due to the overwhelming choice for it over MT5. But definitely gonna learn it one day.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:16 pm

For this strategy to work, you need filters to weed out sideways market and select only grade A trades.
We don’t need a market that is still trying to shift from buy to sell or sell to buy.
We only need a clearly defined trending market.
The strategy must allow us to enter as soon as possible with reasonable risk.
Also, breakout of the MAHL is not the only option to enter a trade.
This is a completely mechanical trading system so there must be no discretion when it comes to entry, take profit and exit.
They must be well defined.
A traditional use of MA can’t achieve this without the help of additonal technique (price action or market reading).
I want the MAs to be able to detect the market shift ASAP.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:05 am

Don_xyZ wrote:For this strategy to work, you need filters to weed out sideways market and select only grade A trades.
We don’t need a market that is still trying to shift from buy to sell or sell to buy.
We only need a clearly defined trending market.
The strategy must allow us to enter as soon as possible with reasonable risk.
Also, breakout of the MAHL is not the only option to enter a trade.
This is a completely mechanical trading system so there must be no discretion when it comes to entry, take profit and exit.
They must be well defined.
A traditional use of MA can’t achieve this without the help of additonal technique (price action or market reading).
I want the MAs to be able to detect the market shift ASAP.

Once you add price action or market reading you will need to convert that into algo. The biggest issue is we don't understand how much discretionary items we look at in the process so its harder to get the algo to do what you see.

I had the privilege to work with a "Quant" and he demonstrated how the computer interprets things we think are simple. Except it takes a lot of code to catch exceptions. Also as we adjust for efficacy it could make the algo perform worse as it is forward tested.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:47 am

Don_xyZ wrote:EURUSDM1 bonz.png
GBPUSDM1 bonz.png

The thing with letting it go completely on autopilot is... you can't control certain things that require brain judgment. The amount of casualties in both examples is quite heavy. Trend-following strategy tends to work better during trending moments and it can't react fast enough to quick momentum shift. Also, I am not capable to code my fractal into EA lolz So maybe turning this thing into an indicator is a much better option like Alias said because then, I will have much more control over the trade decision.

Wierd, I didn't see this post. I kinda replied to it in my previous post. Full auto is more difficult.

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:59 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:I'm checking my chart and apparently Bitcoin and the gang fell so hard. That's a lot of wealth wiped out. I pity those who came in late especially the old ones.

I daytraded bitcoin but never would I buy and hold. Last time I used it it wasn't practical for making purchases.

I was very close to picking the tops of Doge and Shiba. I advised people to take their money and run but apparently it is going to make them a millionaire. Most of them lost money and some made a few dollars.

Those alt coins, crypto, non fungable tokens, virtual money, all seem like fake schemes to con people out of money.

I'll stick to fiat, futures, and equities markes. At least they are the devil I know.

I sold my BTC the day before they sank the ship:
the first box of the new day that is the same color as the highest box:

I agree that buying and holding dips is a bad strategy. . .
sometimes you just want it all to run on autopilot, but it seems that there is no reward without getting your hands dirty.
BTCUSD H3:
daily_Ranges.png
daily_Ranges.png (47.51 KiB) Viewed 3225 times
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

Return to “beginners forum”