aliassmith wrote:EURUSDM1 short OH mY!
I only took 8x #-o
I used the maximum size over 2 pips.
No, I don't have 1:500 leverage

An FTMO example: $400,000 account @1:100 leverage
360 lots and 2 pips SL using "Donated Funds" from earlier 1.8%
$7200 = 1R
$57,600 = 8R = 14%

Thats how I would gear my risk using gains from earlier.

U didn't even let the 1 min candle close. Otherwise beautiful trade.

Either FTMO or MFF won't let you go over 100 lots. Tried to put on a 10 lot trade once and accidentally hit 100, haha.

What about with multiple clicks?

Not 100% sure. I have used over 100 lots on the ES with MFF. And I think I remember them saying no limits.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Wed May 11, 2022 5:08 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
U didn't even let the 1 min candle close. Otherwise beautiful trade.

Either FTMO or MFF won't let you go over 100 lots. Tried to put on a 10 lot trade once and accidentally hit 100, haha.

Not 100% sure. I have used over 100 lots on the ES with MFF. And I think I remember them saying no limits.

On a single $100,000 FTMO account you should not be able to get 100 lots because of margin and leverage. About 90 lots on EURUSD.

On account with over $100,000 you can't place a single trade greater than 100 lots. You can use multiple clicks far as I can tell.

If you have multiple $100,000 accounts and they allow for 90 lots each, why not the same on a merged account.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed May 11, 2022 7:39 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

On a single $100,000 FTMO account you should not be able to get 100 lots because of margin and leverage. About 90 lots on EURUSD.

On account with over $100,000 you can't place a single trade greater than 100 lots. You can use multiple clicks far as I can tell.

If you have multiple $100,000 accounts and they allow for 90 lots each, why not the same on a merged account.

My fault. To me a account is 200k since that's the max you can buy at a single time. So I was referring to a 200k account. Then you can merge after you pass the challenges. I just always mentally break everything diwn in 200k accounts since I have mine and others thst I trade fir people.

For me the risk of price spiking higher with hundreds of lots on just isn't worth starting all over for me. All it takes is a 10 pip spike move if your risking 1% over 2 pips. The lowest I use is a 10 pip stop. I rarely use over .5% risk per trade.

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Wed May 11, 2022 9:50 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:

My fault. To me a account is 200k since that's the max you can buy at a single time. So I was referring to a 200k account. Then you can merge after you pass the challenges. I just always mentally break everything diwn in 200k accounts since I have mine and others thst I trade fir people.

For me the risk of price spiking higher with hundreds of lots on just isn't worth starting all over for me. All it takes is a 10 pip spike move if your risking 1% over 2 pips. The lowest I use is a 10 pip stop. I rarely use over .5% risk per trade.

Yes. With all the rules they set, your risk parameter must be adjusted accordingly. That's why building a personal trading account should be the top priority because even with 1:50 you still have much greater freedom to manage it however you want.

So what's the limitation for that 1:50 leverage on U.S. brokers?
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed May 11, 2022 10:18 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

Yes. With all the rules they set, your risk parameter must be adjusted accordingly. That's why building a personal trading account should be the top priority because even with 1:50 you still have much greater freedom to manage it however you want.

But why not have the best of both worlds. A extra 2 to 3 million dollars a year off prop firms for zero risk and zero extra work. Adding that to a personal account every year and just a 50% gain a year nets you 100 million give or take.

Or do it like you and take a million dollar account and turn it into 10 mil every week off one trade. Some many choices

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Wed May 11, 2022 10:33 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:

But why not have the best of both worlds. A extra 2 to 3 million dollars a year off prop firms for zero risk and zero extra work. Adding that to a personal account every year and just a 50% gain a year nets you 100 million give or take.

Or do it like you and take a million dollar account and turn it into 10 mil every week off one trade. Some many choices

I think one of those prop firms guaranteed up to $2 or $4M funding if I'm not mistaken so basically you should be able to get $12M funding from them. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Yeah, it's a matter of perspective really.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed May 11, 2022 10:42 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

I'm not sure because I would trade the equity msrkets on a US based account. :wink:

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed May 11, 2022 10:52 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:

I think one of those prop firms guaranteed up to $2 or $4M funding if I'm not mistaken so basically you should be able to get $12M funding from them. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I was just using the super conservative. Across all 3 I think it's close to 15 million in funding.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed May 11, 2022 10:53 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:

From my research you can get up to 3x$4M at 5ers. They must be ran as 3 different accounts. 1:6, 1:10, 1:30 are the various leverages.

FTMO allows up to $2M per trader and takes about 5 years to achieve. 1:100 leverage.

MFF has several account types and allows up to a few millions.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed May 11, 2022 10:55 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:

I'm not sure because I would trade the equity msrkets on a US based account. :wink:

I would buy all unknown crypto coins worth a hundredth of a penny and become the world's first trillionaire haha

Return to “TheRumpledOne”