Using Pivot Points for Market Ideas

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mr. Hyde

Re: Using Pivot Points for Market Ideas

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:20 am

Its aggressive as hell. But that is the zone i would be targeting. And hopefully since we already ran some stops we dont have to worry about price doing it again. But price can and will do whatever it wants. But lets see if we can add another 8 R to are week :shock:

Broke the double top neckline. Possible add in play.
Attachments
AUDCAD_2022-02-25_06-17-50.png
AUDCAD_2022-02-25_06-17-50.png (48.07 KiB) Viewed 2110 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:36 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:Its aggressive as hell. But that is the zone i would be targeting. And hopefully since we already ran some stops we dont have to worry about price doing it again. But price can and will do whatever it wants. But lets see if we can add another 8 R to are week :shock:

Broke the double top neckline. Possible add in play.

And there is your add on. Even used the indy just for fun. Technically a 5 pip stop. First target would be 3R.

This is a perfect example of why i dont like chasing price when it breaks out. It loves to retrace to the orgin of the move and you can get in for a fraction of the stop. Even if you miss some trades your risk to reward will be double ot triple on the other trades. Cant argue with that.
Attachments
audcad-m5-hugo-s-way-2.png
audcad-m5-hugo-s-way-2.png (60.55 KiB) Viewed 2103 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:41 pm

BO trade got you .6R. The pullback got 3.5. Almost 6 times the profit. Ill take that all day.
Attachments
AUDCAD_2022-02-25_07-39-41.png
AUDCAD_2022-02-25_07-39-41.png (42.41 KiB) Viewed 2102 times

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:01 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
Im selling at third at the red, third at the black and another third if it forms a reversal pattern. Then hold until your happy with your profit.

Awesome! I entered pre London, went to sleep. Price ranged and finally tanked late in NY. I’m scalping on it now and looking to add more on a retrace. Pretty much seeking to load up as much as my risk allows.

Thank you for showing me the lines and your thought process on adding 1/3s.

Oh you wanted a retrace. Here ya go.

I sold and then bought and now I’m looking to sell again, thinking about next weeks move! Looking for that QM pattern, it really resonates with me. Check out the pivots and how price reverses off certain lines. I look at R1,S1 and PP. kinda similar to the crash zones idea. Price peaks and reverses and vice versa. Very similar concepts
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:13 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:
Awesome! I entered pre London, went to sleep. Price ranged and finally tanked late in NY. I’m scalping on it now and looking to add more on a retrace. Pretty much seeking to load up as much as my risk allows.

Thank you for showing me the lines and your thought process on adding 1/3s.

Oh you wanted a retrace. Here ya go.

I sold and then bought and now I’m looking to sell again, thinking about next weeks move! Looking for that QM pattern, it really resonates with me. Check out the pivots and how price reverses off certain lines. I look at R1,S1 and PP. kinda similar to the crash zones idea. Price peaks and reverses and vice versa. Very similar concepts

Thats awesome man. I very rarely ever sell then buy or vice verse, so if your able to do that then that is amazing and will make you alot of money. Yeah we are moving up to an extreme that will give us a nice place to short hopefully. But def no holding over the weekend with a 15 pip stop with war breaking out and CAD is in the pair. You saw what happened to oil the other day.

If pivots work for you that is awesome. Ive met some traders that can kill it using that. They had like 5 other indys loaded and then would scalp like crazy. As im typing this you can see price rejected right at a QM zone.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:15 pm

This is a trade i would have no problem putting a limit order in front of. Stop 10 to 15 pips.
Attachments
audcad-h1-hugo-s-way (1).png
audcad-h1-hugo-s-way (1).png (69.56 KiB) Viewed 2077 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:06 pm

If QM patterns interested you, they are very simple to learn and understand. The whole concept is that you have break of structure that takes away supply or demand and then puts the other one in charge. Then there are some definite concepts that lean wins in your favor that you can look for. The most important tho is not trading them blindly and only at important price levels. The risk to reward is almost always 3 to 1, if not more. They can be mentally tough to trade, cuz price comes to your zone and then will make a nice move away, making you think you missed the move. And sometimes you will. But its all about patiences. Any questions just ask.
Attachments
spx500-m5-hugo-s-way (1).png
spx500-m5-hugo-s-way (1).png (41.05 KiB) Viewed 2051 times

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:05 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:If QM patterns interested you, they are very simple to learn and understand. The whole concept is that you have break of structure that takes away supply or demand and then puts the other one in charge. Then there are some definite concepts that lean wins in your favor that you can look for. The most important tho is not trading them blindly and only at important price levels. The risk to reward is almost always 3 to 1, if not more. They can be mentally tough to trade, cuz price comes to your zone and then will make a nice move away, making you think you missed the move. And sometimes you will. But its all about patiences. Any questions just ask.

Really appreciate it! The funny thing is I had studied that price action idea but it just never clicked. I do have the levels of interest where I want to buy/sell so using the QM pattern as a confirmation will be good
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:08 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:If QM patterns interested you, they are very simple to learn and understand. The whole concept is that you have break of structure that takes away supply or demand and then puts the other one in charge. Then there are some definite concepts that lean wins in your favor that you can look for. The most important tho is not trading them blindly and only at important price levels. The risk to reward is almost always 3 to 1, if not more. They can be mentally tough to trade, cuz price comes to your zone and then will make a nice move away, making you think you missed the move. And sometimes you will. But its all about patiences. Any questions just ask.

Really appreciate it! The funny thing is I had studied that price action idea but it just never clicked. I do have the levels of interest where I want to buy/sell so using the QM pattern as a confirmation will be good

Your welcome. When i first learned it, i just started trading it blindly and it won maybe 40% of the time, but still made profit due to the high RR. Ill go over a bunch of naunces of it to give you a even better edge. If you already have your interest levels then this will just be icing on the cake.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:08 pm

Give bambino all the money and put a zero on his account.
Attachments
AUDCAD_2022-02-25_11-05-07.png
AUDCAD_2022-02-25_11-05-07.png (76.57 KiB) Viewed 2042 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”