The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

BambinoFlex

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby BambinoFlex » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:31 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:Has anyone coded an indicator or spreadsheet to calculate space? I just can't seem to figure it out. I want to code an indicator but I need exact, detailed, specific formulas.

Isn’t space the formula you share on your videos? Difference is the distance of the said space.

That’s why, MO says once you half your space, you can double your position because max risk is still the same but now you have twice as much of a position.
Attachments
6BA7CD44-2A96-44DE-935C-E2DB84DA2B0E.jpeg
6BA7CD44-2A96-44DE-935C-E2DB84DA2B0E.jpeg (177.13 KiB) Viewed 10916 times
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:48 am

BambinoFlex wrote:
Isn’t space the formula you share on your videos? Difference is the distance of the said space.

That’s why, MO says once you half your space, you can double your position because max risk is still the same but now you have twice as much of a position.

I think there is more to it than the STOP LOSS and POSITION SIZE formulas.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:55 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:

I remembered watching this video. Going back to it now.

https://youtu.be/RcMnlcAQ87A

I think that’s bredin right?

cheunt3

Postby cheunt3 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:38 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:Has anyone coded an indicator or spreadsheet to calculate space? I just can't seem to figure it out. I want to code an indicator but I need exact, detailed, specific formulas.

Bredin did some, I grabbed it before his site went dark. He's a NZer. Probably driving a convoy to his capital to protest the nonsense :lol:

Indicators don't work for current MT4 build though.

II_Space_Calculator.mq4
(7.28 KiB) Downloaded 622 times

II_Space.mq4
(40.14 KiB) Downloaded 599 times
MO "Don't try to predict what will happen next, simply aim to consistently apply your ideas."

kate682

Postby kate682 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:24 am

Have sent you email, but I use a division of 5/10 not 8 (as its easier to calculate). And I have no idea if the way I do it is how MO did it, (i found his teachings hard to take in at times) but it works well for me. My space is based on my interpretation of what MO taught. :-)
Empirical Trader
Current trade music :-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-TbQnONe_w&list=PLOOLsN0qpbu6FdXfoSe8HZgaRIE4S2ssC&index=1

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:29 pm

kate682 wrote:

Have sent you email, but I use a division of 5/10 not 8 (as its easier to calculate). And I have no idea if the way I do it is how MO did it, (i found his teachings hard to take in at times) but it works well for me. My space is based on my interpretation of what MO taught. :-)

Things that MO showed us work how he taught. His teachings however are really ideas that can be implemented in various ways. I see some people get hung up on doing what he said and don't realize its only one way to do what he is teaching.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:35 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:

I remember MO trying to explain this to you years ago. You should really run away fast because whenever you see OPM come out somewhere you pop up and are negative about it. OPM and Moving Averages must be trigger words for you.

SPACE Is a methodology of using OPM. If you hate OPM we can call it Donational Investment Capital.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:44 pm

aliassmith wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:

I remember MO trying to explain this to you years ago. You should really run away fast because whenever you see OPM come out somewhere you pop up and are negative about it. OPM and Moving Averages must be trigger words for you.

SPACE Is a methodology of using OPM. If you hate OPM we can call it Donational Investment Capital.

As you mentioned, what I understood is that it’s just a different way of seeing money. OPM is also the difference of your starting balance and your current balance if you’re positive. Pretty much you’re not using your own money that you put in (initial investment). TRO says the money is yours when it’s in your account. Both views are correct but the difference is how it personally affects you.

I think it’s great to understand both views and decide what’s best. All this talk about space has really added more to my toolbox. Seeing money in different ways. I can tell that OPM and space are methods developed from experience. Many times we hear “price hit my stop, reversed, and hit my take profit” by problem solving, ideas such as space can be developed.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:08 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:

As you mentioned, what I understood is that it’s just a different way of seeing money. OPM is also the difference of your starting balance and your current balance if you’re positive. Pretty much you’re not using your own money that you put in (initial investment). TRO says the money is yours when it’s in your account. Both views are correct but the difference is how it personally affects you.

I think it’s great to understand both views and decide what’s best. All this talk about space has really added more to my toolbox. Seeing money in different ways. I can tell that OPM and space are methods developed from experience. Many times we hear “price hit my stop, reversed, and hit my take profit” by problem solving, ideas such as space can be developed.

It's more than a different way of seeing money. Its a way of protecting your business. If your business value is $100k you don't want to start the year risking large chunks of it right off the bat.

Throwing $2000 to $4000 at each attempt right away puts great risk to your business. Speeding $330 to $500 allows for some income to be generated inexpensively. This new cashflow can be used for new growth.

The goal at the end of the year is to have $100k plus after paying yourself and expenses.

This is just thinking about it as a business model.
It can be similar if you are a professional poker player.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:03 pm

cheunt3 wrote:

Bredin did some, I grabbed it before his site went dark. He's a NZer. Probably driving a convoy to his capital to protest the nonsense :lol:

Indicators don't work for current MT4 build though.

II_Space_Calculator.mq4

II_Space.mq4

Thanks.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”