free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:36 am

Don't you just love predictability?

BackToTheZ-Line20thJuly2021.png
BackToTheZ-Line20thJuly2021.png (29.13 KiB) Viewed 2705 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

buffalo

Postby buffalo » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:58 pm

IgazI wrote:
buffalo wrote:
I understand the rotations, look for reversals after x amount of blocks. I know youve mentioned kagi charts for stop placement, is that what you actaully use? Ive been watching the brian watts videos also, do you do that grid type trading like him?

in this chart i drew lines at each block 10 or more. It would work sometimes to just have on order at that block. why I ask about reading price is so i can more accurately time the reversal

Rotations are not simply 'looking for reversals after x amount of blocks': if you don't set the blocks in the way that I described then you might as well go back to throwing darts at a newspaper. If you're planning on passing on 2/3 of the rotations to trade 10's and 12's then you are also wasting your time.

Your small chart does not matter, whichever chart you want to use to zoom in on a rotation is just fine.

I think the best way to go about it is to day trade options, but most people layer orders like Brian; trading as price is falling through horizontal lines requires the least amount of money and skill so that is what I recommend, & all suggestions are based on that style of trading.

save_as.png

apparently I wasnt on the same page #-o

after much thinking I feel like this is more so what youre talking about-

since we dont know how long a green column will be until a red one starts, if that green column falls within the length of a common rotation then you wait for the pull back to trade away from those areas

forkreslik5.png
forkreslik5.png (112.89 KiB) Viewed 2629 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:12 am

buffalo wrote:
IgazI wrote:
buffalo wrote:
I understand the rotations, look for reversals after x amount of blocks. I know youve mentioned kagi charts for stop placement, is that what you actaully use? Ive been watching the brian watts videos also, do you do that grid type trading like him?

in this chart i drew lines at each block 10 or more. It would work sometimes to just have on order at that block. why I ask about reading price is so i can more accurately time the reversal

Rotations are not simply 'looking for reversals after x amount of blocks': if you don't set the blocks in the way that I described then you might as well go back to throwing darts at a newspaper. If you're planning on passing on 2/3 of the rotations to trade 10's and 12's then you are also wasting your time.

Your small chart does not matter, whichever chart you want to use to zoom in on a rotation is just fine.

I think the best way to go about it is to day trade options, but most people layer orders like Brian; trading as price is falling through horizontal lines requires the least amount of money and skill so that is what I recommend, & all suggestions are based on that style of trading.

save_as.png

since we dont know how long a green column will be until a red one starts, if that green column falls within the length of a common rotation then you wait for the pull back to trade away from those areas

forkreslik5.png

It can be difficult, there are a lot of pages you could be on, wrote by different people.

At some point you'll see a concept and make it your own.
I've been trading various methods of order imbalance for years now. Zlines being one of them along with structure.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:00 pm

buffalo wrote:

forkreslik5.png

You're right, we don't know how long a green column will be, but if you do the first step of making sure that 2/3 of the columns are single digit then most of the columns will be profitable at their target prices; if the above is not true then you need to adjust the box size until it is.

No matter the size of the chart that you are trading you are selling up rotations and buying down rotations, betting against the moves that appear around 25% of the time; selling/buying 2-3 box reversals.

The market can rotate up and the market can rotate down, there is no third option.
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

buffalo

Postby buffalo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:50 pm

IgazI wrote:
buffalo wrote:

forkreslik5.png

You're right, we don't know how long a green column will be, but if you do the first step of making sure that 2/3 of the columns are single digit then most of the columns will be profitable at their target prices; if the above is not true then you need to adjust the box size until it is.

No matter the size of the chart that you are trading you are selling up rotations and buying down rotations, betting against the moves that appear around 25% of the time; selling/buying 2-3 box reversals.

The market can rotate up and the market can rotate down, there is no third option.

ok its slowly making more sense to me. Thank you for the replies everyone

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:47 am

GBP
Just keep adding
risk 3 pips to make 30
Attachments
Screenshot_20210805-214450_MetaTrader 5_compress73.jpg
Screenshot_20210805-214450_MetaTrader 5_compress73.jpg (136.8 KiB) Viewed 2193 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:06 am

aliassmith wrote:GBP
Just keep adding
risk 3 pips to make 30

Later that day
Attachments
Screenshot_20210806-171028_MetaTrader 5_compress82.jpg
Screenshot_20210806-171028_MetaTrader 5_compress82.jpg (127.25 KiB) Viewed 2118 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:18 pm

Wonder how many adds you could do on that?
1+1+1+1+1+1?
Over 10x move with adds

Depends on how you manage it.
It could be 30% or even 60%.
Risk .5% to 2% with a 1+2+4+8+16 add.
Depends on your luck, talent, broker, and ballz size.

These opportunities come along more than you would think.
Same thing MightyOne pointed out years ago.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210813-191538_MetaTrader 5_compress76.jpg
Screenshot_20210813-191538_MetaTrader 5_compress76.jpg (126.91 KiB) Viewed 1849 times

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:11 pm

aliassmith wrote:Wonder how many adds you could do on that?
1+1+1+1+1+1?
Over 10x move with adds

IMO, an easy way to think of 'adding' is as a '+/-$x band' around your average price:

the bands are going to be over in China when you start accumulating but end up in your backyard soon enough;

the goal is to breakout to the '+' side of the band and to bring the bands as close to the average price as possible.

This is a stock that I've been accumulating for a few weeks now, starting with 5, 10, 20 share orders and moving up to 50,100, 500 share orders.

The $ value of the bands only represent the speed of gains and losses, it is not a stop loss.

Screenshot_20210813-133244.jpg
Screenshot_20210813-133244.jpg (227.73 KiB) Viewed 1792 times
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:08 pm

IgazI wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Wonder how many adds you could do on that?
1+1+1+1+1+1?
Over 10x move with adds

IMO, an easy way to think of 'adding' is as a '+/-$x band' around your average price:

the bands are going to be over in China when you start accumulating but end up in your backyard soon enough;

the goal is to breakout to the '+' side of the band and to bring the bands as close to the average price as possible.

This is a stock that I've been accumulating for a few weeks now, starting with 5, 10, 20 share orders and moving up to 50,100, 500 share orders.

The $ value of the bands only represent the speed of gains and losses, it is not a stop loss.

Screenshot_20210813-133244.jpg

I look at it as a way to get in at limited risk and taking advatage of a move with zero risk.

Risk $1000 then add risking zero then add for Exp. Growth.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”