Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
cheunt3
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:20 am
Reputation: 42
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby cheunt3 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:31 pm

IgazI wrote:T = 10, E = 11, R = 12, B = 13.

BTC has been behaving itself recently:
btcusd_rot.png


Ahhh, I see, the common rotations =P~
MO "Don't try to predict what will happen next, simply aim to consistently apply your ideas."

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

buffalo
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:56 pm
Reputation: 23
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby buffalo » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:28 pm

does this look right for bodies closing lower? 4 hr ltc/tether chart. green/red vertical lines mark the candle that closed over and the horizontal lines mark what it closed over

(I'll make my own thread soon so im not posting all over the place in everyone elses)

bidop.png
bidop.png (66.87 KiB) Viewed 843 times

User avatar
IgazI
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:28 pm
Reputation: 334
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby IgazI » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:26 pm

buffalo wrote:does this look right for bodies closing lower? 4 hr ltc/tether chart. green/red vertical lines mark the candle that closed over and the horizontal lines mark what it closed over

(I'll make my own thread soon so im not posting all over the place in everyone elses)

bidop.png


If you were long then you would want every candle to be green, and if the candle closed red then you would have "something" in mind that you don't want price to close below.

The only time it will not "look right" is when the body is above the trend line. . .
because the difference between an up rotation ("trend") and a down rotation ("trend") is the reversal number; short of the reversal number the down moves are considered to be part of the up trend;

If you understood the idea, that the market is just a 'rotation machine', the crank of a Jack-in-the-box, then you wouldn't be asking these questions;
you would be looking for a box size (grid size) and reversal number (trend separator) that simplifies the chart into actionable price levels.

If you're at a rotation length of 7 and 2/3 of the rotations are between 4 and 9 and 3/4 of the rotations are <13 then you should easily be able to figure out how to trade the chart profitably. . .bet that common lengths will not turn into uncommon lengths.
Om Aim Hrim Klim Chamundaye Vichche

buffalo
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:56 pm
Reputation: 23
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby buffalo » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:43 pm

IgazI wrote:
buffalo wrote:does this look right for bodies closing lower? 4 hr ltc/tether chart. green/red vertical lines mark the candle that closed over and the horizontal lines mark what it closed over

(I'll make my own thread soon so im not posting all over the place in everyone elses)

bidop.png


If you were long then you would want every candle to be green, and if the candle closed red then you would have "something" in mind that you don't want price to close below.

The only time it will not "look right" is when the body is above the trend line. . .
because the difference between an up rotation ("trend") and a down rotation ("trend") is the reversal number; short of the reversal number the down moves are considered to be part of the up trend;

If you understood the idea, that the market is just a 'rotation machine', the crank of a Jack-in-the-box, then you wouldn't be asking these questions;
you would be looking for a box size (grid size) and reversal number (trend separator) that simplifies the chart into actionable price levels.

If you're at a rotation length of 7 and 2/3 of the rotations are between 4 and 9 and 3/4 of the rotations are <13 then you should easily be able to figure out how to trade the chart profitably. . .bet that common lengths will not turn into uncommon lengths.


I understand the rotations, look for reversals after x amount of blocks. I know youve mentioned kagi charts for stop placement, is that what you actaully use? Ive been watching the brian watts videos also, do you do that grid type trading like him?

in this chart i drew lines at each block 10 or more. It would work sometimes to just have on order at that block. why I ask about reading price is so i can more accurately time the reversal

forigazi.png
forigazi.png (25.23 KiB) Viewed 801 times

User avatar
IgazI
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:28 pm
Reputation: 334
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby IgazI » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:11 am

buffalo wrote:
I understand the rotations, look for reversals after x amount of blocks. I know youve mentioned kagi charts for stop placement, is that what you actaully use? Ive been watching the brian watts videos also, do you do that grid type trading like him?

in this chart i drew lines at each block 10 or more. It would work sometimes to just have on order at that block. why I ask about reading price is so i can more accurately time the reversal



Rotations are not simply 'looking for reversals after x amount of blocks': if you don't set the blocks in the way that I described then you might as well go back to throwing darts at a newspaper. If you're planning on passing on 2/3 of the rotations to trade 10's and 12's then you are also wasting your time.

Your small chart does not matter, whichever chart you want to use to zoom in on a rotation is just fine.

I think the best way to go about it is to day trade options, but most people layer orders like Brian; trading as price is falling through horizontal lines requires the least amount of money and skill so that is what I recommend, & all suggestions are based on that style of trading.

save_as.png
save_as.png (156.04 KiB) Viewed 734 times
Om Aim Hrim Klim Chamundaye Vichche

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
cheunt3
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:20 am
Reputation: 42
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby cheunt3 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:35 pm

buffalo wrote:is this what wick in direction of loss means? wait for bodies to close (preferably breakouts) away from these areas? indicator shows wick size, green is upper wick, red is lower.

ignore the horizontal lines thats a different idea im toying with

foralias.png


Sorry for screwing up alias' thread, hope you don't mind.

MO's posts post85317#p85317

BDP.png
BDP.png (29.01 KiB) Viewed 620 times


BDP2.png
BDP2.png (26.65 KiB) Viewed 620 times
MO "Don't try to predict what will happen next, simply aim to consistently apply your ideas."

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 1150
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:46 pm

cheunt3 wrote:
buffalo wrote:is this what wick in direction of loss means? wait for bodies to close (preferably breakouts) away from these areas? indicator shows wick size, green is upper wick, red is lower.

ignore the horizontal lines thats a different idea im toying with

foralias.png


Sorry for screwing up alias' thread, hope you don't mind.

MO's posts post85317#p85317

BDP.png

BDP2.png


You are fine posting there.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 1150
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:07 am

Nice short
Attachments
Screenshot_20210720-030535_MetaTrader 5_compress27.jpg
Screenshot_20210720-030535_MetaTrader 5_compress27.jpg (138.17 KiB) Viewed 235 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 3024
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 2212
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:30 am

I'm sitting waiting not very patiently on a move off the UK100.

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 3024
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 2212
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:00 am

LeMercenaire wrote:I'm sitting waiting not very patiently on a move off the UK100.


At last...patience, patience, patience...

UK100on1-minJuly20th2021for+8.5+10.3+11crop.png
UK100on1-minJuly20th2021for+8.5+10.3+11crop.png (28.43 KiB) Viewed 208 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”