free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

BambinoFlex

Re: MISSED PIVOTS

Postby BambinoFlex » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:14 am

Cheunt3:

Thank you, I see the benefit and your signature is great too
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:11 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:Today was a good day. My longer term trading is not doing well. The trades are profitable, but me holding them is the problem. Take UCAD for example, I was targeting the missed monthly pivot...but on the way to that target...price will go up and down multiple times...what’s a good reason to hold until and “if” I get there? When I can take buys and sells along the way? I was reading one of MOs post where he said about building a boat and making gains that rise to the heavens...but he said something along the lines of “you can still take profits daily” what does he mean? That you keep your bias the same and just take profit and then reenter?

For longer runs MO said you ADD into trades as price creates protective zlines and normlize your risk. This might be the only time he said you should move your stop loss.

This process never increases your initial risk and you can ADD as much as the trade allows.

I only mention this because it appears you guys are talking about different processes.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:38 pm

aliassmith wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:Today was a good day. My longer term trading is not doing well. The trades are profitable, but me holding them is the problem. Take UCAD for example, I was targeting the missed monthly pivot...but on the way to that target...price will go up and down multiple times...what’s a good reason to hold until and “if” I get there? When I can take buys and sells along the way? I was reading one of MOs post where he said about building a boat and making gains that rise to the heavens...but he said something along the lines of “you can still take profits daily” what does he mean? That you keep your bias the same and just take profit and then reenter?

For longer runs MO said you ADD into trades as price creates protective zlines and normlize your risk. This might be the only time he said you should move your stop loss.

This process never increases your initial risk and you can ADD as much as the trade allows.

I only mention this because it appears you guys are talking about different processes.

Makes sense, your explanation makes holding make sense. But for now, I’ll stick to those short-high probability trades

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:08 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

Makes sense, your explanation makes holding make sense. But for now, I’ll stick to those short-high probability trades

Following that methodology my outcomes are anywhere from
Minus 1 unit up to 130 unit gains. You have to be pretty systematic about it.

In the end the only system that is best is the one that is best for you. It doesn't matter what anyone makes with any system because you are not them.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:51 am

Thank you Alias, Cheunt3, Lem, TRO and all of Kreslik. I think "scalping" is the way to go for me. Especially after today, I was looking into the 4hr pivots (having TRO talk about the R1 and S1 as targets under certain conditions) and realized that they act very similar to the daily pivots.

S3/R3 producing the lowest hits in the last 100 bars (2%-12% with majority at 5%).
Price closing within R2 and S2 80% in the last 100 bars
Price breaking previous candle low/high depending on open. (If open above pivot, high GT PrevHigh/ if open below pivot, low LT PrevLow) 70%+ in the last 100 bars.

I mean, this is amazing information! Wickzone on the 4hr but don't wait on the break, target the break. Rat Reversals, etc..I even see applications for Walmal, maybe instead of "Look Left" you "Look at R2 and S2" type of thing. Wish I could post all the photos, but you'll have to take my word for it lol
Attachments
4hr.JPG
4hr.JPG (12.75 KiB) Viewed 3252 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:19 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:Thank you Alias, Cheunt3, Lem, TRO and all of Kreslik. I think "scalping" is the way to go for me. Especially after today, I was looking into the 4hr pivots (having TRO talk about the R1 and S1 as targets under certain conditions) and realized that they act very similar to the daily pivots.

S3/R3 producing the lowest hits in the last 100 bars (2%-12% with majority at 5%).
Price breaking previous candle low/high depending on open. (If open above pivot, high GT PrevHigh/ if open below pivot, low LT PrevLow) 70%+ in the last 100 bars.

I mean, this is amazing information! Wickzone on the 4hr but don't wait on the break, target the break. Rat Reversals, etc..I even see applications for Walmal, maybe instead of "Look Left" you "Look at R2 and S2" type of thing. Wish I could post all the photos, but you'll have to take my word for it lol

Welcome to the club, lol.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:21 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:Thank you Alias, Cheunt3, Lem, TRO and all of Kreslik. I think "scalping" is the way to go for me. Especially after today, I was looking into the 4hr pivots (having TRO talk about the R1 and S1 as targets under certain conditions) and realized that they act very similar to the daily pivots.

One thing: is this for a specific pair, or across the board (majors, anyway)?

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:32 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:

One thing: is this for a specific pair, or across the board (majors, anyway)?

All pairs have similar numbers, even more "volatile" ones such GBP pairs. My main thing was trying to maximize the pivot fade entry with an "optimal" stop loss. Everything I mentioned previously is possible, but I will filter and see which ones work best. In the daily, my best reversals happen when price is at S2 or R2 and entry above/below gets me better reward, but price could hit S3 or R3 which are my "I'm out lines" and I don't trade against or with those lines.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:47 pm

Haven’t posted due to time constraints but Fading toward missed pivots still pays!

It’s more of a pivot fade, but break of high/low and then target of pivot is giving me the best results.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:42 pm

Took UJ bearish trade, missed 06/15/2021 pivot and it took it out today.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”