Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2772
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 1072
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:15 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:EA back to the smooth side of town.

Didn't trade it 'coz of the hols and so Harry Hindsight comes into play but honestly, so long as you're careful when it seems like mush, then you will be rewarded, as it always sorts itself out a couple of days later.

EURAUDM15backto thesmoothsideapril1st2021crop.png

EURAUDM5backtothesmoothsideapril1st2021crop.png


I looked at it last night. It looked like it waa nice on M5. There was a few time blocks that were choppy.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2917
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 2164
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:29 pm

aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:EA back to the smooth side of town.

Didn't trade it 'coz of the hols and so Harry Hindsight comes into play but honestly, so long as you're careful when it seems like mush, then you will be rewarded, as it always sorts itself out a couple of days later.

EURAUDM15backto thesmoothsideapril1st2021crop.png

EURAUDM5backtothesmoothsideapril1st2021crop.png


I looked at it last night. It looked like it waa nice on M5. There was a few time blocks that were choppy.


Bear in mind that it was a Bank Holiday for Australia and NZ today.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2772
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 1072
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:56 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:EA back to the smooth side of town.

Didn't trade it 'coz of the hols and so Harry Hindsight comes into play but honestly, so long as you're careful when it seems like mush, then you will be rewarded, as it always sorts itself out a couple of days later.

EURAUDM15backto thesmoothsideapril1st2021crop.png

EURAUDM5backtothesmoothsideapril1st2021crop.png


I looked at it last night. It looked like it waa nice on M5. There was a few time blocks that were choppy.


Bear in mind that it was a Bank Holiday for Australia and NZ today.


Guess I should look at forexfactory.com Calendar more often. :lol:
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
IgazI
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:28 pm
Reputation: 295
Gender: None specified

Trader's Tarot

Postby IgazI » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:11 pm

I might try to build a system around this...using horizontal lines of course :lol:
https://www.tradingview.com/blog/en/new ... rds-23658/

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2772
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 1072
Gender: Male

Re: Trader's Tarot

Postby aliassmith » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:12 pm

IgazI wrote:I might try to build a system around this...using horizontal lines of course :lol:
https://www.tradingview.com/blog/en/new ... rds-23658/


Or you can roll dice
maybe throw darts at a board.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2917
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 2164
Gender: None specified

Re: Trader's Tarot

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:35 pm

aliassmith wrote:
IgazI wrote:I might try to build a system around this...using horizontal lines of course :lol:
https://www.tradingview.com/blog/en/new ... rds-23658/


Or you can roll dice
maybe throw darts at a board.


Hahaha, published on April 1st, of course...

...though having said that, there is a whole sub-set of trading lunacy (pun intended) based around celestial movements, so who knows.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2772
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 1072
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:56 pm

I can't vouch for the mentorship this guy sells but his free youtube videos are nice for studying Market Structure.

MentFX is the name of the channel

Good ideas on how the market moves.
Some of the stuff is similar to things MightyOne has said and there is some ICT terminology in there.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2917
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 2164
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:38 pm

aliassmith wrote:I can't vouch for the mentorship this guy sells but his free youtube videos are nice for studying Market Structure.

MentFX is the name of the channel

Good ideas on how the market moves.
Some of the stuff is similar to things MightyOne has said and there is some ICT terminology in there.


Someone telling me "This is the only way to trade Forex..." turns me right off straight away, I'm afraid.

Lvup7
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:18 pm
Reputation: 3
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby Lvup7 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:40 am

aliassmith wrote:
Lvup7 wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
I dont trade those pairs. Trading high liquidity pairs hasn't been an issue.



Intraday trading, sometimes I go the whole day without a setup. This bothers me more than it should. Trying to shift my psychic and think more in term percentage gained. In general (I know everyone is different and has their own financial needs) what do think is good weekly percentage return on an account?


There could be a few things happening.
You have a real particular setup and it can't be traded every day?
I'd go back through each day and see if you are missing trades because of paralysis.
If you are missing trades cut your risk in half and see if that helps you make the entries you should be making.
If you aren't missing trades then you are good to go and figure out how to make the best out of the trades you do get.
It always comes back to collecting data/info to test and evaluate what you are doing.

Study the market and yourself! :idea:



This is real great advise. I find myself comeback to review it few times. Thank You Sir.

What has your trading journey been like? How many years have you been trading, and how long did take you to be consistent?

Was there the turn point, when the lightbulb went off, Or was It just continuously tracking the data and trusting the process?

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2772
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 1072
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:16 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:I can't vouch for the mentorship this guy sells but his free youtube videos are nice for studying Market Structure.

MentFX is the name of the channel

Good ideas on how the market moves.
Some of the stuff is similar to things MightyOne has said and there is some ICT terminology in there.


Someone telling me "This is the only way to trade Forex..." turns me right off straight away, I'm afraid.


Ive heard that from a few people. I like to study what they are showing even if I know its not the only way.

People ask me how I make money....trading
People ask me my hobbies....trading and shooting stuff!
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”