A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2553
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 848
Gender: Male

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby aliassmith » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:38 pm

dojirock wrote:Allias,

Im willing to start from scratch with ideas for bot if your interested.. i can code and post TS and you can do mt4? Let me know.. I usually like to start by visual arrows and alerts... Lets brainstorm.
doji


I've tried to work with others on algos but never successfully. I prefer to go alone at this point.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
dojirock
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1831
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 pm
Reputation: 614
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby dojirock » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:57 pm

Will do...
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

User avatar
dojirock
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1831
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 pm
Reputation: 614
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby dojirock » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:01 am

Doji AI Version 1 Live / Demo Account Test
Screenshot 2020-10-08 225835.png
Screenshot 2020-10-08 225835.png (147.55 KiB) Viewed 619 times


Doji
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2553
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 848
Gender: Male

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby aliassmith » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:46 am

dojirock wrote:Doji AI Version 1 Live / Demo Account Test
Screenshot 2020-10-08 225835.png

Doji


So far so good
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
dojirock
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1831
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 pm
Reputation: 614
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby dojirock » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:42 pm

Plan is to build a small army of strategies to act as a investment portfolio. The insights and experiences over the last year have been changing my perception on risk and the market.
Screenshot 2020-10-09 154544.png
Screenshot 2020-10-09 154544.png (147.27 KiB) Viewed 550 times

Screenshot 2020-10-09 154655.png
Screenshot 2020-10-09 154655.png (122.04 KiB) Viewed 550 times

no trades today triggered.

Have a great weekend market warriors!

doji
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2553
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 848
Gender: Male

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby aliassmith » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:05 pm

dojirock wrote:Plan is to build a small army of strategies to act as a investment portfolio. The insights and experiences over the last year have been changing my perception on risk and the market.
Screenshot 2020-10-09 154544.png
Screenshot 2020-10-09 154655.png
no trades today triggered.

Have a great weekend market warriors!

doji


I'm going to take a guess. Less risk per trade, protect your capital like you'll never get anymore and diversify?
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
dojirock
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1831
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 pm
Reputation: 614
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby dojirock » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:19 am

aliassmith wrote:
dojirock wrote:Plan is to build a small army of strategies to act as a investment portfolio. The insights and experiences over the last year have been changing my perception on risk and the market.
Screenshot 2020-10-09 154544.png
Screenshot 2020-10-09 154655.png
no trades today triggered.

Have a great weekend market warriors!

doji


I'm going to take a guess. Less risk per trade, protect your capital like you'll never get anymore and diversify?


Yea for sure, its never really bothered me over the last 6 years. Now im asking myself, how long can I continue to do this without experiencing burnout? For six years now i have moved from forex to futures, scalped my butt off, (reaped the rewards month in and month out) but never grew my account, or saved it. I spent it because I knew I could always trade more. I sold my businesses almost 2 years ago now, obtained my health and life licenses, tax and accounting licenses, series 65, and almost ready to test out on my series 66, series 7 and SIE licenses. I love my new part time job, making relationships with clients, hearing their dreams and goals and im very passionate about helping them obtain those goals. Risk, planning, and tax planning can change a persons world in just a few years financially. Im in my late 50's and Im feeling its time to build and utilize compound interest (rule of 72 is my favorite) while minimizing risk. The markets have been so volatile and will probably remain this way for at least another 24 months. Higher time frame, lower risk bots is a realistic possibility. My goal for the next 12 trading months (i will stop in November and start again in late January)is to build the account and trade less.
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2553
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 848
Gender: Male

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby aliassmith » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:45 am

dojirock wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
dojirock wrote:Plan is to build a small army of strategies to act as a investment portfolio. The insights and experiences over the last year have been changing my perception on risk and the market.
Screenshot 2020-10-09 154544.png
Screenshot 2020-10-09 154655.png
no trades today triggered.

Have a great weekend market warriors!

doji


I'm going to take a guess. Less risk per trade, protect your capital like you'll never get anymore and diversify?


Yea for sure, its never really bothered me over the last 6 years. Now im asking myself, how long can I continue to do this without experiencing burnout? For six years now i have moved from forex to futures, scalped my butt off, (reaped the rewards month in and month out) but never grew my account, or saved it. I spent it because I knew I could always trade more. I sold my businesses almost 2 years ago now, obtained my health and life licenses, tax and accounting licenses, series 65, and almost ready to test out on my series 66, series 7 and SIE licenses. I love my new part time job, making relationships with clients, hearing their dreams and goals and im very passionate about helping them obtain those goals. Risk, planning, and tax planning can change a persons world in just a few years financially. Im in my late 50's and Im feeling its time to build and utilize compound interest (rule of 72 is my favorite) while minimizing risk. The markets have been so volatile and will probably remain this way for at least another 24 months. Higher time frame, lower risk bots is a realistic possibility. My goal for the next 12 trading months (i will stop in November and start again in late January)is to build the account and trade less.


Damn man you've been busy. You will probably need to put a disclaimer in your sig now, being licensed an all.

Ya ill be happy with an algo that makes 60%+ a year with low risk. I had one that worked but the broker it worked on left the US and I couldn't replicate the results. Now I may have lost it when my computer messed up. Time to search for it because I didn't test it on my current broker.

Also a $million account can work wonders for trading less. "Proper" capitalization works wonders.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2553
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 848
Gender: Male

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby aliassmith » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:28 am

dojirock wrote:Doji AI Version 1 Live / Demo Account Test
Screenshot 2020-10-08 225835.png

Doji


So I'm thinking my next algo will be the deadhorse on m5/m1 incorporating the kijen-sen in some way. Its going to be a scalper only running when the ATR is large enough and certain times of day UK.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
dojirock
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1831
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 pm
Reputation: 614
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

Postby dojirock » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:20 am

not strat trades today.
:(
doji
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “beginners forum”