Questions on creating my own statistics

never design a trading system without proper prior analysis. post your market statistics here

Moderator: moderators

xplsive

Questions on creating my own statistics

Postby xplsive » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:13 pm

Hello there,

I need some help. I want to create my own frequency distribution statistics for certain events and would like to ask if there are some tools, software, indicators that could help doing that in a more fast/efficient way than manually creating a excel spreadsheet and writing down numbers. I would like to get numbers for historical tick data.

As an example:

- Average Range in pips for a specific currency pair price candle at a specific time e.g EUR/USD 00:00
- Average Range in pips for the following price candle e.g EUR/USD 00:15 after the high/low of the previous candle was broken.
- If broken the high/low for how many pips did it broke on average.
- If retraced for how many pips did it broke the opposite side on average.

And similar stuff.

Thanks in advance for any help.

kind regards!
Keep it simple stupid.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Re: Questions on creating my own statistics

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:37 pm

xplsive wrote:Hello there,

I need some help. I want to create my own frequency distribution statistics for certain events and would like to ask if there are some tools, software, indicators that could help doing that in a more fast/efficient way than manually creating a excel spreadsheet and writing down numbers. I would like to get numbers for historical tick data.

As an example:

- Average Range in pips for a specific currency pair price candle at a specific time e.g EUR/USD 00:00
- Average Range in pips for the following price candle e.g EUR/USD 00:15 after the high/low of the previous candle was broken.
- If broken the high/low for how many pips did it broke on average.
- If retraced for how many pips did it broke the opposite side on average.

And similar stuff.

Thanks in advance for any help.

kind regards!

The TRO2020 DONATIONAL INDICATORS has frequency distributions. But what you're wanted to see would require some detailed coding or an EA.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

xplsive

Postby xplsive » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:15 pm

Yo, thanks! :)
Keep it simple stupid.

briona085

Postby briona085 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:12 am

Organize data using a frequency distribution
The basic function of statistics is to organize and summarize data. Data collected in any research project are in raw and unorganized form. ​Not much meaning can be conveyed by raw data, unless the data are arranged or grouped in a certain manner to give more insight into the data.

For example, I want to conduct a study to identify the level of customer loyalty in my company. In other words, I want to find out how many customers love my company and they will never choose another company. In this way, I can learn more about my customers. For collecting data, I can create an online questionnaire and distrubute randomly among my customers. After collecting data, I will have a big mass of data that is meaningless. To describe customer loyalty , draw conclusions, or make inferences about customer loyalty, I must organize the data in some meaningful way. The most convenient method of organizing data is to construct a frequency distribution. According to Bluman ( 2013), a frequency distribution is the organization of raw data in table form, using classes and frequencies.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “statistics”